Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Dec 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1783289)   #26
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Licence requirement

You should have enough signatures to remove the novice cross from the car
Old 6 Dec 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1783368)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
You say no GRP replicas, does that rule out Dtype replicas?
I'll take that as a yes then.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1783393)   #28
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You should have enough signatures to remove the novice cross from the car

Damn, thats buggered me then, could have done with knowing that before.

Looks like I ain't going
Old 6 Dec 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1783397)   #29
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
Damn, thats buggered me then, could have done with knowing that before.

Looks like I ain't going
That's only 6 race finishes...
Old 6 Dec 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1783404)   #30
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
or 5 races and a marshalling day...
Old 6 Dec 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1783405)   #31
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
...and in our Tin Tops series there are always cars with a drive available (sadly, for money...) have a look at the Tin Tops Forum or contact Tony Rushforth (Tin Tops Coordinator) on tony.rushforth@classicsportscarclub.co.uk
Good luck - we'll get you out there!
Old 6 Dec 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1783449)   #32
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'm working on it..................I'd looked in an old (2000) blue book which stated you needed 10 signatures which would be difficult, not necessarily to achieve but to guarantee

Anyway, since found out that its six, so if I do 2 races at each meeting will I get 2 sigs?

Thanks for the support
Old 6 Dec 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1783451)   #33
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
Anyway, since found out that its six, so if I do 2 races at each meeting will I get 2 sigs?

Thanks for the support
Providing you finish them without incurring the wrath of the CoC
Plus you could do day marshaling
Old 6 Dec 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1783529)   #34
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Licences!!!

I hate to be *****y, but do I take that we do need an A licence? if so why is the billboard advert C.S.C.C still showing B licences accepted?
As for getting six signatures fine!!! but it was Daytona with one or two races at home or racing at home for the season, you can do a lot of races on £3600. Again sorry for sounding *****y.
This is daj senior (e-mail address already used)
Old 6 Dec 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1783553)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
How come they only allow 4 and 6 cylinder cars in the Swinging 60's yet they go on to say about Corvettes and Mustangs, is that a mistake? As for the trip I would love to go, it sounds a real hoot but as Daj says would take care of my annual budget.

PS, I would love to know what word ending in 'y' that the censor did not like in Daj's post!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 6 Dec 2006 at 20:17.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1783579)   #36
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
PS, I would love to know what word ending in 'y' that the censor did not like in Daj's post!
Al, I think Daj senior has been dodging the auto censor.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1783583)   #37
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corvettes and Mustangs - as far as CSCC were concerned - did sit in a V8 series. However, support wasn't great and those cars were absorbed into Sports Car versus Saloon races at CSCC meetings. Hence they are not catered for in Swinging Sixties.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1783593)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sp what does Bernie and son run there Corvettes in?
Old 6 Dec 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1783608)   #39
daj
Racer

Ha.ha, Just to clarify my old mans comments ( You have to forgive him he is getting old ) . Like Al has said to do Daytona really is the budget for the season..Its a lot of pressure to put your money down with the risk of something to go wrong and not get the signatures, I know thats motorsport but laying down say £200 and missing a race is a bit different to £3600.

Its not a problem really, Just really want to know what licence we need to go?

Best regards

daj "Junior"
Old 6 Dec 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1783612)   #40
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not sure I saw them out much this season, but if they did do anything it would have been a Sports v Saloons thing. However, they did compete in the V8 series before that.

I have a feeling that an offspring might have been out in a Maestro in Tin Tops this year.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1783613)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Nat A minimum
Old 6 Dec 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1783616)   #42
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
I've raced against Simeon (I think) in sports vs saloons at Croft with the CSCC
Old 6 Dec 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1783648)   #43
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Nat A minimum
I have a Race International Historic,will that cover it!

On the suject of cost ,add the other expenses and you must be up in the £5000-00 bracket but devide by two drivers and the cost equats out to about the same as a holiday out there without the fun!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 7 Dec 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1783854)   #44
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Hi Guys - what a chatty lot!

The V8s have their own class within the Swinging 60s, - yes they used to run on their own until two years ago, now they are incorporated with the SS, but if we had enough of them they could run on their own again.

All the cars at any of our race meetings can run in the Sports v Saloon Car Challenge as a second race.

Adam "Baby" Chodosh ran in a Maestro this season getting signatures so that he could race the Corvette at Spa in September - as did my elder son John Jnr - he's now moving on to Luke Wos's Scimitar for next season
Old 7 Dec 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1783890)   #45
aws
Rookie

aws should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
torquewnech,
couple of quick questions
is this event organised by cscc if so believe Nat B would suffice or do you need Nat A ??
who will the drivers be at the docks as you request starting details for cars, would not be very happy letting just anyone start and drive D Type !!!!
Old 7 Dec 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1783985)   #46
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Right you lot!

Licence Grade : We will not allow novices to race - that is completely inappropriate when you consider that you are racing partly on an oval and techniques are different. Anyone who has six signatures can race - we allow this because (strangely) some people race for years on a Nat B licence even tho' they could upgrade - something about it being £15 cheaper! International Historic is acceptable but only if your are racing in a pre-71 car of course.

Drivers at the dockside: You are quite welcome to drive your own car on board, although we would still like to have the instruction sheet on the windscreen just in case. At the Brunswick end, the transportation company (whom Bernie has used twice before) bring their own drivers. This company transports valuable cars all over the USA and has completely appropriate insurances etc in place. The Club will be sending over staff to assist in the moving from ship to transporter and from transporter to paddock area. When we are nearer the time and we have finalised dates (say August) we will of course inform all competitors of the details. Any driver who wishes to be present for off-loading is very welcome to arrive early and help out.

Anything else? Keep the questions coming! As I have said before, I am still adding to the FAQs on the website as well - and look out for a totally new website next week (atl least it keeps me busy!)
Old 7 Dec 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1784036)   #47
daj
Racer

Hello Sarah,

"Licence Grade : We will not allow novices to race - that is completely inappropriate when you consider that you are racing partly on an oval and techniques are different. Anyone who has six signatures can race - we allow this because (strangely) some people race for years on a Nat B licence even tho' they could upgrade - something about it being £15 cheaper! International Historic is acceptable but only if your are racing in a pre-71 car of course."

This is fair enough but I really think you need to correct your advert a.s.a.p as it could get very messy down the line if people start paying deposits etc and then told that they cant race when it clearly states " National B licence adequate as invited guest of HSR"

Best regards

Dave
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1784128)   #48
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by aws
torquewnech,
couple of quick questions
is this event organised by cscc if so believe Nat B would suffice or do you need Nat A ??
who will the drivers be at the docks as you request starting details for cars, would not be very happy letting just anyone start and drive D Type !!!!
Hi aws and welcome to ten tenths. I wouldn't bank on being able to drive your own car onto the boat at Southampton as you will be dealing with some of the most millitant trade unionists in the country there.
You mentioned a D type, is it yours and is it genuine or a replica? If it's a replica I am still awaiting an answer as to whether they will be allowed to go.

Torque Wench, there are a lot of Brunswicks in the US, which one is it?

Tim
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1784139)   #49
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
It's the one in Florida, and sadly the US guys won't accept a replica D Type if it's the one I'm thinking of with GRP body and modern Jag chassis/running gear - really sorry mate
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1784144)   #50
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
As to driving your own car on board - we did it in 2000 for Sebring and it was fine so there shouldn't be a problem. Also, the staff from CSCC who will be there are experienced historic racers and I , for one, am also an ARDS instructor of many years too.