Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jul 2004, 07:59 (Ref:1037877)   #1
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands HSCC

Has everyone who volunteered had their tickets through for the HSCC meeting at Brands? I'm sure I put my name down but no tickets...
Old 16 Jul 2004, 09:17 (Ref:1037938)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Jon, they came a week ago. e-mail Mildred and I'm sure she will leave tickets on the gate for you. If you need her address PM me.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1038291)   #3
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No! Dont let him in-all he ever wants to do is rumage through tyre walls looking for bunny rabbits!
Old 16 Jul 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1038486)   #4
Graeme Andrews
Rookie

Graeme Andrews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JB - same situation for me, nothing has arrived - I'm still going to go on Sunday and hopefully there will be arrangements to let us in without paying (it's going to be expensive otherwise as the girls are coming as well!!)
Old 16 Jul 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1038540)   #5
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graeme

Mildred sent out tickets some weeks ago to all those on the list supplied by the HSCC. Your name does not appear to be on it. Please send me PM with the number of tickets that you require and I will leave them for you at the Paddock gate on Sunday. Hope to see you. It will be a very good meeting.

Regards

Peter Scillitoe
Chief Marshal
HSCC Brands Hatch
Old 18 Jul 2004, 20:13 (Ref:1039798)   #6
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
all he ever wants to do is rumage through tyre walls looking for bunny rabbits!
Rummage around about 100 yards up from post 7 for a mouse spotted today, cowering from the Formula 5000s.

Seriously, what a great couple of days. My sincere thanks to the organisers and drivers for putting on a great show, despite what the British weather threw at us.
One downside - the weekend really made me regret getting into motorsport in the late 90's - I missed all the good stuff
Old 18 Jul 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1039820)   #7
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of the HSCC, and in particular John Smith (Clerk of the Course) and myself (Chief Marshal), can we thank all of you who supported us over the weekend. Without you the meeting could not happen, and as ever you all mucked in, where necessary doing different duties to normal, and - on Saturday - some of you on post on your own. All of you performed professionally, as always.

Also, on behalf of all the marshals on Saturday can I thank Helen (I believe) Bashford who undertook a collection in the paddock on Saturday and raised an amazing total of £253 for the marshals. This was dispersed by means of a raffle on Sunday, and all the names who attended on Saturday went into the hat. Many thanks to all the drivers and others who contributed.

Finally, we hope to see you all back next year. For those who did not attend this weekend, you missed a cracking meeting, with good grids, special cars and exciting racing. We hope that you will come along and give this meeting a try next year.

Regards

Peter Scillitoe
Old 19 Jul 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1040173)   #8
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Just a quick but very sincere 'thank you' to everyone who came to Brands Hatch over the weekend and made the HSCC meeting such a success. It was great for me to be back at Brands, working with so many familiar faces - a joy to be with real professionals!
I had lots of thanks from the drivers, particularly the Group C and Orwell Supersports people who all said the marshalling was the best they have experienced (no bull****!). I know that MotorSport vision were pleased and want to grow the Superprix meeting into a really big event over the next few years - I'm sure we'll all look forward to being part of it.
Thanks again
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:40 (Ref:1040208)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'm only sorry I couldn't make it this year John, it's always a fabulous weekend and its great news to hear JP wants to expand the event. I understand he demonstrated a few of his old cars too?
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1040215)   #10
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A BIG thanks to all marshalls yesturday icouldn't thank all with a wave as we were removed without a slowing down lap on bottom straight.

Excellent Blue flagging when i was coming up on backmarkers it's just a shame they obviousley don't know what it means !!!

Thanks again

Jason.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:27 (Ref:1040245)   #11
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Superprix Brands

Just back from my annual pilgrimage to Brands for HSCC.
What a fantastic event. We had a super post (Dingle Dell), the crew were very good company and the organizers couldn’t have been more friendly. Special thanks must go to the unnamed lady who organized a “whip round” (sounds fun!) amongst the drivers in the paddock on Saturday in aid of “a drink for the marshals”. In the event this turned into a handsome raffle prize.
The racing was excellent enough to make me realize once again that I am not looking through rose tinted glasses, it REALLY WAS that good in the days of my youth. Although there were seemingly more “gentleman” (and lady) drivers than usual whose capabilities were far exceeded by that of their cars, but the cars were lovely to see.
So, given the above it was just a tad sad that we were very undermanned on Saturday and almost there on Sunday, albeit with quite a bit of multitasking. Give it a try next year; it’s well worth it!
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:09 (Ref:1040295)   #12
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
I'm only sorry I couldn't make it this year John, it's always a fabulous weekend and its great news to hear JP wants to expand the event. I understand he demonstrated a few of his old cars too?
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Yes Jon, they came a week ago. e-mail Mildred and I'm sure she will leave tickets on the gate for you. If you need her address PM me.
I hope you sent them back Stephen Don't forget MSV have a stringent ticket reconciliation to do every Friday after meetings. If we aren't careful, the allocation will go down even more. The poor drivers [at least with BRSCC] only get 4 for their £165 min entry fee.

p.s. Well done Jason in the FF1600
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1040298)   #13
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jminsh
A BIG thanks to all marshalls yesturday icouldn't thank all with a wave as we were removed without a slowing down lap on bottom straight.

Excellent Blue flagging when i was coming up on backmarkers it's just a shame they obviousley don't know what it means !!!

Thanks again

Jason.
Nice photo of you waving on www.clubff1600.co.uk
Hope this will suffice for those marshals out in the 'country'

And how many more times have I got to tell you there is only one L in marshal / marshals, but two in marshalling

Last edited by diz; 19 Jul 2004 at 12:12.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1040334)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Sadly Diz I didn't have time to send them back so it's a slap on the botty for me and a letter of apology to JP
Old 19 Jul 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1040621)   #15
Paul_R
Rookie

Paul_R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a wonderful weekend and really fantastic to see the old Group C cars out again (a particular favourite of mine). The F5000's made a wonderful noise.

The meeting was all the better with it being at Brands rather some of the less atmospheric circuits (no names, no pack-drill!).

Many thanks to Peter, Graham and everybody else who made us so welcome.

See you next year I hope.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1040750)   #16
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must confess chasing off the group C cars was awesome, but the whole meeting was good. Even races where the leaders were well in front, the large grids ensured good racing throughout the field.