Lance Stroll 0 0%
Robert Kubica 0 0%
George Russell 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Sep 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3930805)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Russian Grand Prix 2019

Who is your pick?
Old 29 Sep 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3930811)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas. Played the team game but drove well to keep the faster Ferrari behind him.

Albon and Sainz though drove great as well
Old 29 Sep 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3930820)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought Bottas too, proper team play today.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3930856)   #4
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albon for me, kudos to Lewis and Valtteri.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3930870)   #5
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel. For saying bring back the V12s.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3930902)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Albon. Started from the pitlane and finished 5th.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3930913)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Albon gets my vote this time
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3930925)   #8
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Vettel. For saying bring back the V12s.
Yep, he nearly got my vote for that! But Lewis kept the pressure on despite no longer having the quickest car. Like he says, he never gives up, and his stature continues to grow. A very class act indeed (and a very nice man – tattoos, big red jet, bulldogs and daft hairstyles notwithstanding...).
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3930930)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Comfortably Albon.... Given the right support by RB, he could be the real deal....
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3930939)   #10
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for the false start? I guess not...

Bottas.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3930941)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
A few good drives. Vettel had some fight back in him, Lewis once again kept pressure on and took his chances when presented, Norris and Sainz solid but Albon for me. Great recovery drive
Old 29 Sep 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3930958)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Hamilton for dragging that dog of a car to an unlikely victory.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3930976)   #13
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Albon. Started from the pitlane and finished 5th.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 05:00 (Ref:3930999)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Albon for me despite his qualy mishap. Kudos to Vettel for his bring back the V12's comment.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 06:21 (Ref:3931006)   #15
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
But Lewis kept the pressure on despite no longer having the quickest car. .
Fastest lap in race and the way they could comfortably keep ahead says otherwise.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3931025)   #16
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Kimi... for this: https://youtu.be/uPLetR8TPW8
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3931027)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Albon for me. OK, I have to forgive him the indiscretion in qually but let's not forget this is his first year in F1. He's stepped into one of the most difficult seats in F1 and he hasn't wilted under the pressure. (I note that Gasly is looking better now that he's back in a Toro Rosso.) Pitlane to fifth was a fine result.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:36 (Ref:3931031)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Tossed a coin between Albon and Sainz - came down for Sainz.

Good shows from Perez and Norris as well.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3931045)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
For something 13 years ago?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3931050)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Albon for me despite his qualy mishap. Kudos to Vettel for his bring back the V12's comment.
The votes here seem to highlight the internal dilemmas that we have in the past over whether we should consider the race in isolation, race+qualy or the whole weekend. Albon has been receiving plenty of votes - yet previously we have been told.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hmmm.... it is Team of the Grand Prix as opposed to race, and Ferrari had both cars fail in qualifying, one not managing a lap.
I'm not trying to be critical or dismissive of anyone's posts/votes here - merely considering the thought that - no matter how much we attempt to define a fixed criteria for out votes, emotion can always cloud that opinion.

If Ferrari mess up Qualy, then they should not receive votes - but Albon is being rewarded with votes because of messing up qualy?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3931054)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He had a great race. That's more than enough for me. There is no absolute science to this nor do we really need to look for any, I suspect. Otherwise we wouldn't get posts like this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post

Old 30 Sep 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3931055)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lewis for me, he made sure he was there to benefit from Ferrari misfortune
Old 30 Sep 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3931057)   #23
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There is no absolute science to this nor do we really need to look for any, I suspect.

Agreed - the moment we try and dismiss a vote is invalid because it doesn't fit our own view of how we should vote is when we let ourselves down.

No issue with someone querying how a decision was reached, but we must accept that reason when given.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3931080)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No matter how bizarre the reason!
Old 30 Sep 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3931097)   #25
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The votes here seem to highlight the internal dilemmas that we have in the past over whether we should consider the race in isolation, race+qualy or the whole weekend. Albon has been receiving plenty of votes - yet previously we have been told.....

I'm not trying to be critical or dismissive of anyone's posts/votes here - merely considering the thought that - no matter how much we attempt to define a fixed criteria for out votes, emotion can always cloud that opinion.

If Ferrari mess up Qualy, then they should not receive votes - but Albon is being rewarded with votes because of messing up qualy?
Guilty as charged! When I first read the second quote, I thought you were quoting me. I've certainly said something very similar. So I've voted for the driver who crashed in qually, but I've also said that I had to forgive him that in order to give my vote. I've no real justification for changing my criteria this time, except to say that Albon has impressed me.