Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 30 May 2018, 16:08 (Ref:3825672)   #1
the-enginetuner
Rookie

the-enginetuner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Standard Road Car Class Rules

I have a KA Sport that i want to run in road car class, the aircon will not re-gas, condenser is leaking. At the LMC track day last weekend it was surgested that i just remove it. Is this allowable or would i be breaking the rules ?
Old 30 May 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3825721)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Presuming you may be in the UK (your profile doesn't say), then which Club, what events, which championship or series?? etc etc.
Was aircon just an option on your model of Ka? If so then there should be no problem in removing it.
Old 31 May 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3825866)   #3
the-enginetuner
Rookie

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm in the UK and a member of Liverpool Motor Club. looking to do hillclimbs at Lowton Park and sprints at Aintree just for fun not in any championships.
As far as i can tell aircon was an optional extra so i think, seeing as it's not working il'e take it off and hope it gets through scrutineering.
Thanks Again
Tommy
Old 1 Jun 2018, 00:57 (Ref:3825943)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
At club level scrutineering is only for safety items - belts, seat, extinguisher, throttle springs, battery security etc etc so no problem removing aircon. If not done already, do read the relevant sections of the Blue Book that comes with your speed licence.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3826000)   #5
the-enginetuner
Rookie

Hi thanks for the info, pretty sure iv'e got everything ok as far as safety rules go, next one is tyres probably start a new thread for that
Thanks
Tommy