Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2007, 22:47 (Ref:2039499)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel to McLaren?

It could happen,stranger things have!

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=33173
Old 13 Oct 2007, 22:52 (Ref:2039503)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would see Jenson go there before Vettel myself....
Old 13 Oct 2007, 22:56 (Ref:2039508)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I can't see Jenson leaving Honda,in much the same way as I can't see Lewis leaving McLaren.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 22:59 (Ref:2039511)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I know, but Jenson if offered a deal might just think to himself I have to jump ship it's now or never? and Lewis of course we know is going to stay there Alonso or no Alonso..
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:02 (Ref:2039512)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
How can you say that! JB is the King of "Jumping Ship".
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:04 (Ref:2039514)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes he is... It must get quite confusing.."Which drivers suit do I wear now" ?
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:07 (Ref:2039519)   #7
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice, I'd be happy with Vettel at Mclaren. I think he has quite a future ahead of him
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:09 (Ref:2039521)   #8
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hes jumped off more ships than a deep sea diver,

that said i wouldnt like to see him at mclaren, i dont think hes 'that' talented (and it would be shown quickly as he gets destroyed by lewis. would be good to see vettel there though
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:22 (Ref:2039524)   #9
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that we will see him at McLaren any time soon, but I guess that it could happen some day.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:27 (Ref:2039527)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott

So.. how would His Ronness handle a situation where Mr Vettel punts off his teammate... who just happens to be the wunderkind ?? Pistols @ dawn?

Where's Alonso going.. I mean seriously, not just a wish list
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:29 (Ref:2039528)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Renault it looks like don't you think GTR?
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:41 (Ref:2039533)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button has become a journeyman driver, much in the same way though without the success of DC.

Vettel is an up and coming driver, I think it would be a brilliant move for McLaren, Mercedes and Hamilton to have another young driver in the team.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2039534)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I would see Jenson go there before Vettel myself....
Plus the Sherman peoples will be hashking of Mercedes why zay hav two young Inglanders driving zair Motor Kars.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:49 (Ref:2039538)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

For a start, that article is totally inaccurate. It's either jourmalism gone wrong in the extreme, or they (the writers) don't actually watch F1. To say they can count the number of good drives by Jenson on 1 hand - err, watch 2004 again! Maybe the latter part of 2006!

Sure, Vettel has a future ahead of him, you'd have to be blind not to realise that, but stop jumping on the latest bandwagon!!!

(Not you martyn, i'm refering to the article you linked us too!)
Old 13 Oct 2007, 23:53 (Ref:2039542)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V

(Not you martyn, i'm refering to the article you linked us too!)
Eez OK no need for apolloguise.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 00:18 (Ref:2039556)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
It is a poor article...Dr Anton Zimmermann from?
Old 14 Oct 2007, 00:57 (Ref:2039563)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How can you say that! JB is the King of "Jumping Ship".
Correction: the king of jumping ship, changing his mind mid-jump and ending up in the sea.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 01:00 (Ref:2039564)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Is that like being up the creek without a paddle I wonder?
Old 14 Oct 2007, 01:00 (Ref:2039565)   #19
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
they have chosen the wrong newbie to write the article on.........
Old 14 Oct 2007, 01:07 (Ref:2039569)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Is that like being up the creek without a paddle I wonder?
More like like up the creek without a paddle in a leaky canoe.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 02:23 (Ref:2039589)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Renault it looks like don't you think GTR?
All the stories point that way, but for some reason I still think Toyota is an option.... could be an inspired choice... and wouldnt the Japanese like a 3 time WDC on their books, regardless of cost?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Oct 2007, 03:08 (Ref:2039599)   #22
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota has offered Alonso 50m
Old 14 Oct 2007, 03:43 (Ref:2039606)   #23
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7
Toyota has offered Alonso 50m
Got a link for that?

I think this is the best line from that article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpass
Inevitably the ITV commentary team have started getting moist at the thought of Jenson Button joining McLaren to partner the boy Hamilton
Seems a few of the brits around here will get a bit like that too.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 06:28 (Ref:2039628)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Mmmh not much pleased by the idea...
Old 14 Oct 2007, 06:37 (Ref:2039630)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...mostly seeing "Hamilton-Vettel the most strong driver pair since Senna-Prost" (?) Honestly, I though that the strongest pair since Senna-Prost is the current one, Hamilton-Alonso.