Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Feb 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3618047)   #801
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Haas has shown an unusual but very well thought out way for a brand new team to enter F1
.. I have lots of respect for this man and his team ...
Old 26 Feb 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3618053)   #802
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I think Haas will surprise a few and kick some a.s
You mean kick some Haas.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3618124)   #803
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Haas has shown an unusual but very well thought out way for a brand new team to enter F1
After what we went through in 2010 with USF1, I just had lost
hope of anything happening for decades mainly because
the main players had their plates full in NASCAR , INDYCAR,
and IMSA. Then came Haas.... on a white haas!
Old 26 Feb 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3618126)   #804
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think so too, Haas adopted a low key approach and has absolutely delivered.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3618127)   #805
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think so too, Haas adopted a low key approach and has absolutely delivered.
The silence was disconcerting but I gotta say he had earnt a fan here. I am really going to root for Haas this year. This is an immensely challenging job.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3618853)   #806
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An interesting piece on Haas F1 and sponsors.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123019
Old 29 Feb 2016, 22:02 (Ref:3618865)   #807
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what a great attitude to have. the more i read about this team the more i like them and their approach to F1.

good stuff all around and hope they can prove the value of their product on track!
Old 1 Mar 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3618902)   #808
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Very, very impressive run so far. Cast your minds back to the test debuts of Caterham and Virgin/Manor/Marussia (or the lack thereof with HRT) and it stacks up very well indeed.
Of course, but we shouldn't forget that the not insubstantial funds for HaasF1 have come from Mr Haas' businesses, with one common benefactor, not needing to source funds from sponsors or drivers or both...

Having only one decision maker to satisfy HAS to have simplified the process..

Great work so far... lets see how they play in traffic
ā€œEverybody Liesā€ - Dr Gregory House, House
ā€œTrust But Verifyā€ - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Mar 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3619141)   #809
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Of course, but we shouldn't forget that the not insubstantial funds for HaasF1 have come from Mr Haas' businesses, with one common benefactor, not needing to source funds from sponsors or drivers or both...

Having only one decision maker to satisfy HAS to have simplified the process..

Great work so far... lets see how they play in traffic
I think that Haas F1 and the continued development of Max will be the interesting points of season 2016 for me.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3619581)   #810
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope Team Haas won't suffer any form of Haas-rassments.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 23:15 (Ref:3619699)   #811
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He he he ....
Old 4 Mar 2016, 10:13 (Ref:3619837)   #812
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gene Haas talks NASCAR vs F1
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...-nascar-vs-f1/
Old 4 Mar 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3619842)   #813
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
Interesting piece, thanks. Assume it will be in the hard copy when I get it
Old 20 Mar 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3625095)   #814
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6th place on debut, some people will need to eat the metaphorical crow now
Old 20 Mar 2016, 10:27 (Ref:3625105)   #815
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
Cracking result - reliable car with respectable pace.

Unfortunately the Peter Windsors of the world have left us cynical.

Gene Haas is a serious player and I bet he has opened a few eyes today.

The second car DNF wasn't their fault either.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 10:34 (Ref:3625107)   #816
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Cracking result - reliable car with respectable pace.

Unfortunately the Peter Windsors of the world have left us cynical.

Gene Haas is a serious player and I bet he has opened a few eyes today.

The second car DNF wasn't their fault either.
Great result.

The second car, they chose the driver ....

Anyway cracking job by Haas!
Old 20 Mar 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3625112)   #817
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must add my congratulations for a stunning debut in F1, I always thought they would be a good addition to the field and never doubted the path they took. The problem they might have now is maintaining the momentum due to this being a bit of an unusual race.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3625137)   #818
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Great result.

The second car, they chose the driver ....

Anyway cracking job by Haas!
It is entirely possible (I would say likely) that Ferrari chose the driver.
But either way doesn't matter, Gutierrez wasn't at fault for the crash, so your sentence has no relevance.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3625138)   #819
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Haas, hope they can keep this up for the rest of the season.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3625144)   #820
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only thing that held their capability back was the new qually format. But since the old one will be reinstated for Bahrain, we might get to see just how much the Haas cars didn't show during the pre-season testing.

If I'm any of the mid-pack teams, I'm paying real close attention....
Old 20 Mar 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3625157)   #821
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am just flushed with joy at the moment for the Haas team.
A great reward for all the hard work . I am sure Gunther will
bring them back in focus after a quick celebration. There will
still be some teething issues to overcome at some point but
just a super start. 1st race/1st points since '92 Toyota I think I heard?
I need to research that. I wonder if a big sponsor will step
forward while the getting is good?
Old 20 Mar 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3625161)   #822
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
As I predicted, they kicked a little bit of a..e. Loved it. Such a shame a few on here pages and pages back when he announced his Team Haas, chose to kick him before he even started. They will have problems in GP's of course, but today, came across as a 1st class outfit. Enjoy a beer or two boys..
Old 20 Mar 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3625178)   #823
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very happy for Haas. Very much validates thier approach in which many said they had no hope.

Time to update thread title? No loner "attempting".

Richard
Old 20 Mar 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3625181)   #824
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great result from Haas, a bit of luck, but the car was quick enough to hold onto sixth place. The last brand new team to get points on the debut was indeed Toyota in 02. Doesn't look like this is going to be a fluke neither
Old 20 Mar 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3625186)   #825
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
I'm not sure what a metaphorical crow is, but I'll admit I was one of those who was sceptical but I've been proved wrong. They did an excellent job and I didn't notice any procedural problems that could have occurred in a new team. Perhaps the daft qually system and the red flag hid any that there might have been.