Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3510085)   #76
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Will there be a stagecoach service from Chichester station as there is during the FOS and Revival or do I need to rent a car?

****Left hand shifting****
Can't find any mention of the bus service for this event, so maybe not enough spectators...

Timetable
Attached Thumbnails
MM73timetable.jpg  
Old 28 Feb 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3510102)   #77
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Can't find any mention of the bus service for this event, so maybe not enough spectators...
The official Goodwood doesn't mention about bus service but this one mentions
http://www.f3historic.com/GRRC-73-Me...nformation.pdf

But that's not official. So...if you see a Mini Convertible going on a roundabout counterclockwise, say hello. That's me.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 07:34 (Ref:3510252)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The official Goodwood doesn't mention about bus service but this one mentions
http://www.f3historic.com/GRRC-73-Me...nformation.pdf

But that's not official. So...if you see a Mini Convertible going on a roundabout counterclockwise, say hello. That's me.
Mmm, convertible then? Like your optimism! At least Mini has an excellent soft top (or did back in 2004....).

That Essential Info document was a very early release, so wouldn't take it as gospel. Certainly seems same wording as they issue for Revival. I see there is a phone number to check bus timetable, but if you can afford it, I'd go for the Mini!

Old 1 Mar 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3510303)   #79
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mmm, convertible then? Like your optimism! At least Mini has an excellent soft top (or did back in 2004....).

That Essential Info document was a very early release, so wouldn't take it as gospel. Certainly seems same wording as they issue for Revival. I see there is a phone number to check bus timetable, but if you can afford it, I'd go for the Mini!

Actually when I checked what Hertz has to offer for that particular weekend there's no Mini available. As a convertible there's Citroën, McLaren and Ferrari. First one is french and I can't afford the last two. So maybe I'll stick to ordinary compacts. And it's still March, isn't it?
Old 1 Mar 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3510375)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Actually when I checked what Hertz has to offer for that particular weekend there's no Mini available. As a convertible there's Citroën, McLaren and Ferrari. First one is french and I can't afford the last two. So maybe I'll stick to ordinary compacts. And it's still March, isn't it?
It will definitely still be March, and the chances of last year's weather being repeated are pretty low, I would have thought! OT- My 'S' had heated seats and wind deflector, which were both in constant use in almost any UK weather......
Old 1 Mar 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3510382)   #81
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
It will definitely still be March, and the chances of last year's weather being repeated are pretty low, I would have thought! OT- My 'S' had heated seats and wind deflector, which were both in constant use in almost any UK weather......
Friend of mine who had a Mazda MX5, drove it throughout the year. In winter as well. When curious people asked wasn't that cold in the winter, he usually answered like this: "Is your winter jacket made of sheet metal, eh?".

Basically that means a double-layer soft-top is ok in winter if you have a garage, and the car has an engine preheater and "hot" thermostat.

Edit: OT!!! OT!!!

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 1 Mar 2015 at 13:41.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3510461)   #82
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd bought my tickets anyway, and even more glad I have now that I've seen this:

https://grrc.goodwood.com/grrc/merce...shoot-goodwood

Mercedes are gonna be there with a modern F1 car for some kind of shoot-out with some other AMG cars. Presume it will be last year's car and I don't imagine Lewis or Nico will come back here between Australia and Malaysia, so Wehrlein maybe... Davidson?

And it will be cool to see the new AMG GT on the track. Gorgeous car - better looking than the old SLS.

When you read it, do you take it to mean one of those staggered start races where they all try to cross the finish line together?
Old 5 Mar 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3512099)   #83
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Peter Mallett's Rover driven by that Tiff chap is shown in a feature article about the 73MM in this month's Classic & Sports Car mag news and events pages.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:36 (Ref:3512158)   #84
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
My ticket arrived. Quite an interesting idea to use a badge instead of ordinary paper ticket.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3512160)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I see Peter Mallett's Rover driven by that Tiff chap is shown in a feature article about the 73MM in this month's Classic & Sports Car mag news and events pages.
Cool should I buy the mag?
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3512164)   #86
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Cool should I buy the mag?
It isn't a big article Peter!
Old 5 Mar 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3512168)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got it.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3512438)   #88
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Got it.
Blimey Peter - Goodwood are Tweeting it now - you paying them?

It links to their website by the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.11.04.png  
Old 7 Mar 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3512753)   #89
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It looks like I may be going to this on the Saturday, what's the best direction to approach the circuit from, I'm coming from SE London via the M25, I want to avoid queues although I intend getting there fairly early.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 02:12 (Ref:3513528)   #90
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got tickets for Sunday, if the GPO can manage to deliver them. Looking forward to a relaxed day spectating and catching up.

Tim, I don't think you need to worry about queues as posted in the other thread, just enjoy the drive if you can get the Chevy running ok.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3514705)   #91
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can anyone advise on the parking arrangements for this meeting?

Does one need a car park pass of any sort, are the parks in the circuit or in the Revival fields?

Thanks, in anticipation.

Bob
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3514716)   #92
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Bob,
No car park pass (assuming same as last year) - just arrive and you get directed into one of the adjacent fields. As the crowds aren't as big as the Revival the parking fields are pretty close, no long walks - at least that's what I found last year. Great event all round.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3514725)   #93
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Gary, that is all I needed to know.

"The right mob and no josling."

Should I wear my 'Bauble' badge?
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:43 (Ref:3514729)   #94
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
......Should I wear my 'Bauble' badge?
I think they said no fancy dress.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3514795)   #95
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Don't know if this has previously been available? Timetable:

https://grrc.goodwood.com/members-me...8EKP20byRC6.97
Old 13 Mar 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3514810)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Don't know if this has previously been available? Timetable:

https://grrc.goodwood.com/members-me...8EKP20byRC6.97
Better than the scan I posted- you can read that one!

Latest from Dunlop is that the tyres I have been waiting for since last autumn should be in the country beginning next week.....

Doesn't give me a lot of time.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3514825)   #97
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
They're obviously adopting the 'just in time' approach Mike.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3514831)   #98
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Better than the scan I posted- you can read that one!

Latest from Dunlop is that the tyres I have been waiting for since last autumn should be in the country beginning next week.....

Doesn't give me a lot of time.
Mike Bell, the Marrusia of Historic Racing?
Old 13 Mar 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3514832)   #99
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I think they said no fancy dress.
Nothing 'fancy' about Bauble.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3514872)   #100
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike Bell, the Marrusia of Historic Racing?

Manor GP, please... But at least my car is in one piece and doesn't need a software upgrade from Ferrari to get it running!

Not the best way to find out the characteristics of a tyre- in qualifying. But we are where we are and it's not the first time.....

BTW the tyres are apparently now made in Portugal?