Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Feb 2008, 23:54 (Ref:2118757)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robby Gordon Leaving Ford

http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=40114

RacingOne Report

Posted Friday, February 1, 2008

Robby Gordon will switch from Ford to Dodge and partner with Gillett-Evernham Motorsports.

Gordon will maintain his status as a one-car operation but has entered into a "technical and marketing agreement" with GEM.

There were several reports the last few days that Gordon was on the verge of either selling his team or merging with another organization.

But speculation was he would stay in the Ford camp with such a move, rather than switch manufacturers.

"I feel this agreement with Gillett Evernham Motorsports helps make the learning curve of the COT little bit easier to navigate," said Gordon. "I like what they have going on over there and I think both organizations will benefit. As an owner I want to do what is best for my employees and sponsors."

Gordon's move to Dodge comes after one year with Ford.

"Ford has been very good to me, and this move is not a reflection on our relationship at all," said Gordon. "Ford was planning on supporting me, and even increasing its engineering support for my program in 2008. However, I felt that I needed to make this move to help put my team in a more stable financial situation in terms of marketing and sponsorship help."
Old 2 Feb 2008, 01:04 (Ref:2118788)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good move by Robby, it's a step in the right direction, no matter how small.

Hopefully the Elliot guys can get their stuff together and get Gordon and Sadler up the pointy end, instead of just Sugar Kahne.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 01:47 (Ref:2118812)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that Kahne spent much time at the pointy end last season.

This is big news for Robby, it should herald a big step up in performance.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 02:42 (Ref:2118827)   #4
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was sorry to see Robby leave Ford but understand his situation. Robby wants to race and stay in business and he did what was necessary at this point in time. It will be interesting.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2119051)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So Chevrolet, Ford and now Dodge.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2119073)   #6
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see that coming, maybe it is because he was looking for money after his plan to run a second car fell through.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2119325)   #7
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think Robby lost a lot of money on his Dakar rally entrance. Had to give sponsors money back as the race was canceled.
Old 3 Feb 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2119472)   #8
Sparky7
Rookie

United States
Poconos PA
Sparky7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope this turns out to be a good move. Robby's pre-season testing speeds might have been the tippng point for him. His Ford sucked eggs in testing. Several times over the course of last season he complained about a lack of power from the engines he was given from his supplier. Jack Roush is Ford and there's no way he'd give the 7 car better stuff than his cars had. Ford now has only 8 full-time teams in the field for 2008.

~~~Barb~~~
Old 3 Feb 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2119502)   #9
jonesi
Rookie

jonesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky7
Ford now has only 8 full-time teams in the field for 2008.
and 3 of those are on shaky ground right now.