Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Nov 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2067374)   #151
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Is JV planning to race this weekend at Homestead?
Old 14 Nov 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2067385)   #152
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Is JV planning to race this weekend at Homestead?
I see Hornish and Carpentier on the entry list but don't see JV.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 15:56 (Ref:2067388)   #153
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nascar truck I believe.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2067496)   #154
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
I see Hornish and Carpentier on the entry list but don't see JV.
Bugger.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 06:24 (Ref:2067768)   #155
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV's son turned one year old yesterday.

JV is on the entry list for the Ford 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Craftsman Truck race for tomorrow night.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 10:35 (Ref:2067888)   #156
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FWIW, SpeedTV shows their truck series broadcasts: practice Friday at 10:30 am; qualifying Friday at 5:00 pm; and the race live Friday at 8:00 pm. All times eastern. The web site's been wrong before so...check your local listings and figure it out for yourself.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:21 (Ref:2068161)   #157
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
hmm... I get in to Miami mid afternoon. Any idea if they're selling tickets for the truck race on the gate??
Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:41 (Ref:2068179)   #158
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
hmm... I get in to Miami mid afternoon. Any idea if they're selling tickets for the truck race on the gate??
Craig, I haven't checked but would be pretty sure that you could buy tickets at the gate for the Truck race.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:49 (Ref:2068189)   #159
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I've been perusing the HMS website but it's a little woolly. Basically tickets ARE on sale on the day - dependant upon availability. What is the attendance normally like for this race? Any ideas?

I'll take the phone number to the ticket office with me, I think, and call them ahead of setting off if I think I'll be fit to sit through a long race. I'd like to see a truck race - not managed it yet - but it's a long flight... :S
Old 15 Nov 2007, 17:00 (Ref:2068197)   #160
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
See if this link works for tickets although I still think you should be able to buy them at the gate.

http://secure.racetickets.com//Homes...&GatewayPass=y
Old 15 Nov 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2068200)   #161
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Thanks for the link. I definately want to decide when I get into town tomorrow though as sometimes I step off a flight wide awake and ready for anything whilst other times all I want to do is go to the hotel and sleep. I wouldn't want to waste any money on tickets I don't use. Maybe I'll even see if I can find a bar on the beach which is showing the race on the tv...
Old 16 Nov 2007, 23:01 (Ref:2069231)   #162
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VILLENEUVE ON THE PROVISIONAL POLE!!! 30 OF 41 trucks have run.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 16 Nov 2007, 23:05 (Ref:2069233)   #163
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
I wonder if Craig will be at the race. It looks like it may be a good race with some drivers going hell-for-leather.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 23:21 (Ref:2069238)   #164
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Starting grid

1) Wood
2) Benson
3) Villeneuve
4) Skinner
5) Blaney
6) Darnell
7) Harvick
8) Hornaday
9) McCumbee
10) Kvapil

Yeah, it should be a great race and great weekend overall.

Old 17 Nov 2007, 01:10 (Ref:2069292)   #165
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
NASCAR legend Darrell Waltrip (3 cup championships, 84 career wins) picks JV to win tonight's race...

Old 17 Nov 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2069509)   #166
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
NASCAR legend Darrell Waltrip (3 cup championships, 84 career wins) picks JV to win tonight's race...
.....36th (accident)
Old 17 Nov 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2069511)   #167
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
And Ron Hornaday wins the NCTS championship from Mike Skinner, who literally drove the wheels off his truck.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2069771)   #168
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hear JV led some laps which is good stuff.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 01:32 (Ref:2069903)   #169
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I hear JV led some laps which is good stuff.
It is really good stuff when it is the final lap.

Sorry knowlesy, I couldn't resist.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 01:45 (Ref:2069909)   #170
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're more likely to upset the JV fans with that than me.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 11:03 (Ref:2070071)   #171
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Nah...not even a little bit. Can BDR and JV get it together? That truck was all over the place from the get go, not even close.

Uh oh.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 19:50 (Ref:2070367)   #172
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
.....36th (accident)
Where was he running when he crashed?

Quote:
That truck was all over the place from the get go, not even close.
The truck and JV were fast. He even stormed from 27th to overtake cup star Kyle Busch at one point. JV continues to struggle on cold tires for some reason and when he was on cold tires he made a rookie mistake and lost it. The reason he was running CTS races was to gain experience. It is better for him to make these kind of mistakes this year in the CTS series than next year in the cup series.

Old 19 Nov 2007, 00:27 (Ref:2070489)   #173
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to Kyle Busch, it was as much Wood's fault as JV's, as Wood pulling up and staying so close to another truck on the high side, takes the aero away,,, but you're right JV has struggled on cold tyres and that is a large factor in NASCAR. He needs to get that sorted.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 01:03 (Ref:2070503)   #174
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
I did not know that. Wood is also inexperienced so that may explain why he did that.

Old 19 Nov 2007, 11:40 (Ref:2070773)   #175
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
JV continues to struggle on cold tires for some reason and when he was on cold tires he made a rookie mistake and lost it. The reason he was running CTS races was to gain experience. It is better for him to make these kind of mistakes this year in the CTS series than next year in the cup series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
but you're right JV has struggled on cold tyres and that is a large factor in NASCAR. He needs to get that sorted.
The Sprint Cup.

JV went from 3rd to what? 17th in the first couple of laps and the pit road shortly thereafter IIRC. Maybe it's all down to JV learning to drive through loose conditions, which they talked about last night in reference to JPM's year and where he'd improved the most this year etc. As you point-out V, he's not running trucks next year anyway and it seemed less of an issue for him in the Camry, not much but a little. Afterall, Dave Blaney ran pretty well in the 400, finished 12th I believe.

How's that for keeping an open mind?