Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Dec 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3869502)   #801
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post

Last time an argentinian was at Daytona 24hs after Oscar Larrauri and Juan Manuel Fangio II, was in 1993, when there was a group of drivers drove two Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme from Kreider Racing Enterprises.

To me, that is a pretty remarkable stat!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3869536)   #802
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Last time an argentinian was at Daytona 24hs after Oscar Larrauri and Juan Manuel Fangio II, was in 1993, when there was a group of drivers drove two Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme from Kreider Racing Enterprises..
Are you sure about that?
You may want to check the driver line-up of the Grasser Lamborghinis in 2018 and 2017.

EDIT:
or the #17 car in 2013, 2012 and 2011; and the #23 in 2010; the #14 in 2009
or the #18 in 2007
or the #15 in 2000

Last edited by gert; 11 Dec 2018 at 21:39.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3869541)   #803
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Are you sure about that?
You may want to check the driver line-up of the Grasser Lamborghinis in 2018 and 2017.

EDIT:
or the #17 car in 2013, 2012 and 2011; and the #23 in 2010; the #14 in 2009
or the #18 in 2007
or the #15 in 2000
You are right I forgot about Perez Companc family and some others. Most of them are amateur I didn't put them on my list.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 01:58 (Ref:3869571)   #804
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Audi genius Brad Kettler to Mazda Team Joest?

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ke...stomer-racing/

They're getting the band back together! When are Biela and McNish coming out of retirement?!
Old 12 Dec 2018, 02:31 (Ref:3869574)   #805
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
S365 has lots of driver and team news in the Daytona Test Notebook today and a handful of other stories

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/dayton...ay-notebook-8/

My favorite is Dawson Racing lives!
Old 12 Dec 2018, 02:35 (Ref:3869576)   #806
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
S365 has lots of driver and team news in the Daytona Test Notebook today and a handful of other stories

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/dayton...ay-notebook-8/

My favorite is Dawson Racing lives!
Haha, yeah, they'll be running Ginetta P1s soon!

A few extra GTD announcements as well. Too bad we won't see the McLaren in GTD yet though.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 04:50 (Ref:3869581)   #807
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Grasser Lambo said they were 2 seconds faster today than last year. Of course they have a new (evo) car, but also because the new Michelin tires?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3869587)   #808
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Grasser Lambo said they were 2 seconds faster today than last year. Of course they have a new (evo) car, but also because the new Michelin tires?
I think the Michelin tires will be night and day, but, which car will get more gain?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3869663)   #809
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
A few extra GTD announcements as well. Too bad we won't see the McLaren in GTD yet though.
But it does show IMSA is willing to cave a bit, the discounted "ransom" allows them only the sprint races for this season. Sucks we won't get to see it at Petit either this season, hopefully they pony up and full season in 2020.

And SoD is considering a Coyote DP "support role" for this season? I know there's a few, S365 claims 6, in HSR competition but I can't imagine much support is needed. They are peddled fast and kept VERY clean and on track at The Mitty, but the Curran has been the co-driver in the Wheelen liveried car a few times so no slouch there.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3869691)   #810
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's hard to say I would say maybe 1 second is from the tires and maybe the other in the car. The other thing to take into account is the BOP settings, did they run what they had at the Rolex, PLM or some other settings? Also they were probably not pushing like they would in a race/qual session so the car probably still has more in it.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3869719)   #811
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Audi genius Brad Kettler to Mazda Team Joest?

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ke...stomer-racing/

They're getting the band back together! When are Biela and McNish coming out of retirement?!

Brad's mate Mike Peters from the Champion Racing days has reportedly been at Joest for a while, too.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3869742)   #812
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You are right I forgot about Perez Companc family and some others. Most of them are amateur I didn't put them on my list.
Didn't Gaston Mazzacane have that rather big crash in a DP there as well some ten years ago?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3869743)   #813
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to S365, the Alfa Romeo that's not yet sold in the US market is ok for TCR but the Panoz and other GT4s from boutique manufacturers are not? Sounds like KMW Motorpsorts is going to be running the Alfa Guilietta in Michelin Pilot Challenge, I'm not complaining as some variety is better than the VAG show we had last season and it looks like Honda, Hyundai, VW/Audi and Alfa might all appear for the season.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3869748)   #814
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
According to S365, the Alfa Romeo that's not yet sold in the US market is ok for TCR but the Panoz and other GT4s from boutique manufacturers are not? Sounds like KMW Motorpsorts is going to be running the Alfa Guilietta in Michelin Pilot Challenge, I'm not complaining as some variety is better than the VAG show we had last season and it looks like Honda, Hyundai, VW/Audi and Alfa might all appear for the season.
well i'm sure the Alfa paid the manufacturer fee and the other didn't. Not a conspiracy, just bu$ine$$ for IMSA
Old 12 Dec 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3869751)   #815
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
well i'm sure the Alfa paid the manufacturer fee and the other didn't. Not a conspiracy, just bu$ine$$ for IMSA
Panoz was specifically mentioned with Sin and a couple others about IMSA not wanting to allow boutique builders in to MPC in an interview with Atherton. It's not that Panoz didn't pay, they weren't even offered a chance
Old 13 Dec 2018, 03:39 (Ref:3869816)   #816
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Panoz was specifically mentioned with Sin and a couple others about IMSA not wanting to allow boutique builders in to MPC in an interview with Atherton. It's not that Panoz didn't pay, they weren't even offered a chance
We don't know that. But Panoz should be in the series, just for the legacy alone. IMSA should be ashamed.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3869880)   #817
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I would be interested in seeing the source where Atherton specifically said no panoz or even something like no boutique manufacturers like panoz.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3869915)   #818
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
considering the low downforce setting used at daytona, don't expect more than 2 seconds cut due michelin, but anyway expect more than 2 seconds at sebring
Old 13 Dec 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3869935)   #819
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I would be interested in seeing the source where Atherton specifically said no panoz or even something like no boutique manufacturers like panoz.
There was this:
Quote:
IMSA will only accept GT4 cars from “mainstream or select small volume” automotive manufacturers, with vehicles from bespoke race car manufacturers, such as SIN and KTM, not being eligible.
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/i...-requirements/

Panoz was not particularly mentioned.

Not sure about the relevancy of the 'rule' (article goes two years back).
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3870017)   #820
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Panoz themselves said at the start of last season they were not eligible for IMSA even with their full GT4 homologation.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3870055)   #821
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Yeee! My local team is entered for the entire IMSA GTD season by confirming Bull Auberlen as the primary driver. The team will also be fielding a GS entry in the Pilot Challenge with an M4.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/a...pp9gd2I-6ZPyGw

http://tmsracing.com/turner-doubles-...neups-secured/
Old 14 Dec 2018, 01:43 (Ref:3870095)   #822
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Yeee! My local team is entered for the entire IMSA GTD season by confirming Bull Auberlen as the primary driver. The team will also be fielding a GS entry in the Pilot Challenge with an M4.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/a...pp9gd2I-6ZPyGw

http://tmsracing.com/turner-doubles-...neups-secured/
Should be a strong lineup and glad to see the team back after the way their season ended.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 02:53 (Ref:3870103)   #823
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I actually think fairly speaking Panoz has no actual right to be there anymore than the others, but I'm pretty surprised they weren't allowed in anyways.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 03:53 (Ref:3870110)   #824
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I actually think fairly speaking Panoz has no actual right to be there anymore than the others, but I'm pretty surprised they weren't allowed in anyways.
Without Panoz IMSA - and therefor the current WeatherTech series - wouldn't be what it is now. For that reason alone, his cars should be eligible to participate in the series sanctioned by the organization he further developed built on the foundations laid by John Bishop and Bill France Sr. Why do you think Panoz is IMSA's Legacy Vice Chairman? To honor his legacy and his instrumental role in sportscar racing in North America, his cars should be in the series.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 04:03 (Ref:3870111)   #825
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Without Panoz IMSA - and therefor the current WeatherTech series - wouldn't be what it is now. For that reason alone, his cars should be eligible to participate in the series sanctioned by the organization he further developed built on the foundations laid by John Bishop and Bill France Sr. Why do you think Panoz is IMSA's Legacy Vice Chairman? To honor his legacy and his instrumental role in sportscar racing in North America, his cars should be in the series.
Instead of sitting idle in the paddock with the OTHER series champs trophies sitting front and center. There's no reason those cars shouldn't have run at the Road Atlanta Conti tires event. ESPECIALLY that weekend