Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jun 2005, 06:49 (Ref:1337963)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
V8 Supercars+NRL Rugby League=?

What is the go with NRL teams going into the V8 Supercar Championship. Look at Marcos Ambrose's Pirtek Falcon, at the rear and front tyre guards, there are Parramata Eels logos on. Should other NRL Teams join other V8 teams? Reasons why they should joing or not?

P.S. For Example: The Cronulla Sharks joing Team Betta Electrical. Because of their sponsor, LG Electronics.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1337971)   #2
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joint Promotion of 2 great sports. Sounds allright to me! If it puts Motoracing on TV and in the papers that can only be good and maybe attract some new fans.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 07:13 (Ref:1337977)   #3
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find it's a Pirtek link between the 2. Pirtek sponsor both SBR & the Parramatta Eels. Just a bit of cross promotion one would think...
Old 23 Jun 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1338053)   #4
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was actually wondering that, but not on the same level. the 'QLD Group' (which i assume is a finance company) sponsors all queensland NRL teams and grounds, and also some of the QLD Cup teams.... yet doesnt sponsor any QLD V8 teams..... i think they should...
Old 23 Jun 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1338062)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only worthwhile for motor racing if the favour is returned, ie...SBR logos on the Parramatta jerseys.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1338141)   #6
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the Eels sponsors is the Denlo Group who sell VWs, Jaguars & Volvos. I know 2 of those are made by Ford but I doubt they'd be happy about it all the same. I've been hoping to see some more cross promoting between them being a Eels & Parra fan but haven't seen anything else yet
Old 23 Jun 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1338157)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by resisturban
I was actually wondering that, but not on the same level. the 'QLD Group' (which i assume is a finance company) sponsors all queensland NRL teams and grounds, and also some of the QLD Cup teams.... yet doesnt sponsor any QLD V8 teams..... i think they should...
Mr George Cheihk is the big Sheik at Qld Group... his business is in property development... (after having been a OneTel reseller in a previous life) and most recently has taken a large investment in the Strathfield Car Radios public company.....

The Qld Group also sponsors a Formula Ford, and Formula 3 car....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Jun 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1338290)   #8
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by resisturban
You are on the money on this one. U think QLD Group Finacal group, should go into our Motorsport backyard, with Sponsoring all V8 teams in QLD. Just one more thing: GO Queensland in the State of Origin. Queenslander, Queenslander, Queenslander.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1339707)   #9
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
I think that the Cronulla Sharks should join Triple 8/Team Betta Electrical. One of the main sponsors is LG Electronics. Also in the V8 Fantsy Championship, my team, Snickers Racing Team and HRT 433 owned team, 433 Motorsport, because one of our sponsors is LG. Also LG Racing, which that team has got LG as an title sponsor.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1339854)   #10
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You seen the NRL add where players are running to noise from engine notes?

You see NRL wishes it was motor racing. It wishes it was even anywhere near as good.

Comparisons fail utterly.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1339857)   #11
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
You seen the NRL add where players are running to noise from engine notes?

You see NRL wishes it was motor racing. It wishes it was even anywhere near as good.

Comparisons fail utterly.
Yeah, that was for the State of Origin (QLD vs NSW). One of the State of Origin sponsors is Caltex Vortex 98. Broom, Broom, Vroom, Zoom, Zoom
Old 26 Jun 2005, 04:51 (Ref:1340206)   #12
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that Paul Morris has links with the Queensland Reds Super 14 team, but that has more to do with the wine side of the business.....
Old 26 Jun 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1340310)   #13
Crowestar
Racer

Australia
Crowestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
You are on the money on this one. U think QLD Group Finacal group, should go into our Motorsport backyard, with Sponsoring all V8 teams in QLD. Just one more thing: GO Queensland in the State of Origin. Queenslander, Queenslander, Queenslander.
Mate I like the way you think!!! I read somewhere that you were a Holden Supporter and here you say that you are a Queensland Supporter in the Origin. Keep it up champ!!!

BTW if you want to talk about cross promotion between sports, Holden also a minor sponsor for the Brisbane Broncos so there could be cross promotion there if they wanted to be. Darren Lockyer teaching Mark Skaife to kick a football or make a tackle and Skaifey teaching him how to drive. And I think Skaifey was also a good Rugby League player in his younger day as well coming from Gosford.

Ok I think I've dribbled on enough now
Old 26 Jun 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1340327)   #14
Skippy1976
Rookie

Skippy1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was that swap a year or two ago with Akermanis (sp??) and Ingall. Rusty got to kick a footy around at the Gabba with the Lions and Aker got to cut a few laps around the paperclip in Frosty's Konica SBR AU...

I know who got the way better deal there.