Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3298850)   #126
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dinosaurs in tutus? Whatever gets you there.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3298857)   #127
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Since people are complaining about a lack of news sources how about that one:
http://gaunleashed.tumblr.com/post/6...as-been-tested
I wonder if that's the Spirit of Daytona car sharing Roebling Road with the DW yesterday and today?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3298866)   #128
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
mdaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say I was so excited when the series was announced. After seeing that entry list and talking to Rob Dyson this past weekend I don't even care anymore. How can Dyson racing not be a part of this? I was so excited and now I'm so bummed.

Last edited by mdaro; 4 Sep 2013 at 14:09.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3298871)   #129
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I wonder if that's the Spirit of Daytona car sharing Roebling Road with the DW yesterday and today?
According to GA's testing list it is: http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/Im...ting201346.pdf

Run by Marsh racing, though.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3298881)   #130
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Realistically USCR won't be very different than ALMS unless management USCR goes Waaayy overboard with race-to-race BoP to keep DPs competitive.

(I don't care which class wins, btw, so long as one class isn't crippled to allow another to win, and then a switchback, and all that.)

The P2s will be there, and if the DPs are too, that's fine; either than can match the pace or lose. GTE will be there, and GTC will be improved (IMO) by changing to GTD---more variety, something most of us have wanted all along.

We'll see if fan access (open paddocks, grid walks) remain, and I am Not happy about losing both TV and streaming for the races, but otherwise ...

Sure, losing a couple of the top teams (Dyson hasn't been lately, but that have been there since before forever) would really suck.

I hadn't heard that Dyson was dropping out, though ... only that they were easing up in 2013 to focus on the future.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3298882)   #131
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Start your laughing. The future is here.
Oh. I am. I don't hate the guy, I think he does an okay job....he just reminds me of a 4 year old who is constantly in your face so you pay attention to them. If he didn't exist, I don't think life would be drastically different...but...for those of you who enjoy his stuff. Good for you, I just find him annoying.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3298919)   #132
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Realistically USCR won't be very different than ALMS unless management USCR goes Waaayy overboard with race-to-race BoP to keep DPs competitive.

(I don't care which class wins, btw, so long as one class isn't crippled to allow another to win, and then a switchback, and all that.)

The P2s will be there, and if the DPs are too, that's fine; either than can match the pace or lose. GTE will be there, and GTC will be improved (IMO) by changing to GTD---more variety, something most of us have wanted all along.

We'll see if fan access (open paddocks, grid walks) remain, and I am Not happy about losing both TV and streaming for the races, but otherwise ...

Sure, losing a couple of the top teams (Dyson hasn't been lately, but that have been there since before forever) would really suck.

I hadn't heard that Dyson was dropping out, though ... only that they were easing up in 2013 to focus on the future.
I talked to Rob Dyson, Chris Dyson and James Weaver this past weekend and all three said the same thing. There are no plans to run the current car next year. They have not been told yet by IMSA what changes would be needed. I asked about moving to P2 and both Rob and Chris said that's an option but neither sounded like that was the direction they were heading. It really seemed to me that they were preparing everyone for no Dyson car next year. All three said almost the exact same thing (rehearsed?), " It's going to be a shame next year without us on the grid. We feel we've contributed a lot to the paddock and the series."

I have to believe at this point we won't see Dyson in the series next year.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3298930)   #133
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once again, there goes a competitor due to the lack of regs...my faith is waning quickly....maybe Hindy could come here and rant about how we need to pay attention to this because there is no other option...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3298931)   #134
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Once again, there goes a competitor due to the lack of regs...my faith is waning quickly....maybe Hindy could come here and rant about how we need to pay attention to this because there is no other option...
He still has a point IMO as frustrating as everything is. We can't really do anything to help the situation. The fans can sure as hell make themselves yet another problem for the series.

At least the bickering, for the most part, has stopped. But I still maintain the hardest part to merge is the two groups of fans.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3298932)   #135
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Good for you, I just find him annoying.
Because he corrected you on Twitter?

Feel free to do a better job than he does. I'll start holding my breath soon.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3298937)   #136
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Because he corrected you on Twitter?

Feel free to do a better job than he does. I'll start holding my breath soon.
Haha...no. I have a bachelors in Journalism, I have no passion for it, it was a waste of a degree TBH. There was a time in my life where writing for Racer was a romantic idea...it all faded when I discovered my true passion was medicine. I don't hate the guy for what he does, just get annoyed by the constant "look at me, I'm so cool" attitude. Something to be said when your work, not your ego, speaks for you.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3298938)   #137
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
An announcement from USCR is coming tomorrow Wednesday Sept 4th. It could be the 2014 Schedule and/or the 2014 Regulations. I don't have a time unfortunately.
Lol, was this the announcement?
http://www.grand-am.com/News/GA_News...epartment.aspx
Quote:
NASCAR announced Wednesday the hiring of David Hart as its Director, International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) Communications and the promotion of Nate Siebens to Senior Manager, IMSA Communications.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3298941)   #138
Maelochs
Veteran

See how well they communicated that to us? USCR continues to forge forward successfully ... except for the racing part, which is still nowhere ...

Oh, and for the fans being a problem? Lack of fans, more like it.

Just like it is absurd for AC Flinn to insist that fans should be glad to pay for a product just because production costs went up (I pay for Quality Improvements, not cost overruns) it is ridiculous to expect the fans to "Band together and save sports car racing."

Until the series pays me, I am a Consumer, not a producer. I am Not responsible for making the product successful. My job is to find the products I want to consume, or not to consume at all if I find nothing that attracts my interest.

How many of you folks deliberately and repeatedly eat at the worst and dirtiest restaurant in town, just to help it stay afloat? It might be the only restaurant in town offering a type of food you really like, but if you don't like the food they actually serve, you won't eat there.

And if the price of their fare rises, you have less reason to eat there, not more.

If USCR really expects me to pay more money just to watch their product on TV, they have to make me think their product is worth more money, and so far, it looks like it won't be even as good as what it replaces ... and that product was online for free.

USCR's slogan is "We'll offer less and charge your more"? Think that will work?

Simple math. If I cannot watch it live and for the exorbitant amount I am already paying, And they cannot show me why it will be Better than other products ... i will not consume.

If that makes me the problem with the series in some person's mind, I would label that person frankly irrational. If that is the way you think businesses work, I will sell you a bag of air for a higher price each day, tell you my costs continually climb, and tell you that it is your job to keep me in business.
Just give me your credit card number, and I will do daily withdrawal ... how's that for service?

Last edited by Maelochs; 4 Sep 2013 at 16:38.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3298946)   #139
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Schedule is done.

Maybe they're waiting to announce it until COTA with WEC?

Big brother hold my hand LOL
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3298950)   #140
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Schedule is done.

If both schedules are ready, and if they both include a combined race weekend @ COTA next year. Then it makes perfect sense for both to be released together. Especially with the effort to foster the relationship between IMSA and the ACO.

L.P.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3298961)   #141
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Rumor on Facebook from the Grand-Am Unleashed guys:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: a GT-AM class may be added to #TheFuture #USCR to make 5 classes. not 100%, but strong possibility.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3298963)   #142
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Rumor on Facebook from the Grand-Am Unleashed guys:
How are they going to fit another class on most tracks? They are going to have to split the fields for some tracks. Stop adding classes and give the teams solid rules so we don't lose anyone else!!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3298974)   #143
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaro View Post
How are they going to fit another class on most tracks? They are going to have to split the fields for some tracks. Stop adding classes and give the teams solid rules so we don't lose anyone else!!
Odds are it wouldn't change the number of cars, just the distribution among the classes. This 3rd GT class is stupid though. GAGT is already pro/am next year. No reason to add a third pro/am class and a third GT class.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3298979)   #144
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont understand why they need another class, they should spend some time giving us some solid rules.

Only reason i can think if it is GTLM-AM rather than GTD-AM is that they are trying to attract guys like Krohn Racing, 8Star and maybe an Aston with Paul Dalla Lana away from the WEC.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3298981)   #145
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
I dont understand why they need another class, they should spend some time giving us some solid rules.

Only reason i can think if it is GTLM-AM rather than GTD-AM is that they are trying to attract guys like Krohn Racing, 8Star and maybe an Aston with Paul Dalla Lana away from the WEC.
Also helps with attracting additional GTE-teams for Daytona, Sebring, PLM.

And wait - this is actually strengthening the LM-connection and you guys are still against it? Tough crowd...
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3298984)   #146
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Scot Elkins replied to me on twitter saying "rumors are just that, regs are coming along nicely"
Old 4 Sep 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3299032)   #147
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Also helps with attracting additional GTE-teams for Daytona, Sebring, PLM.

And wait - this is actually strengthening the LM-connection and you guys are still against it? Tough crowd...
Yes, the GA Unleashed guys have said that they meant GTLM-AM.

Not saying that I necessarily agree with adding it in, but there is a certain logic for USCR adding this class. In the WEC and ELMS, GTE-Am cars are more numerous than GT-Pro cars yet no GTE-Am cars race regularly in ALMS. To succeed, if would help greatly if USCR were able to effectively compete for the dollars of such gentlemen drivers who have an eye on Le Mans. It would at minimum (as you said) help attract more GTE teams for Daytona, Sebring, and PLM.

And then there's the longer term possibilities: Ultimately, GTLM-Pro + GTLM-Am as a two-class GT structure would be much less confusing than a GTLM + GTD class structure. This could be the first step in making that transition. A lot would also depend upon total GTD car counts. If the series has 45 or 50 full season entries and not that many are GTDs, then it would make sense to think about phasing out GTDs, perhaps through the GT unification process.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3299034)   #148
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
I'm for anything to get more cars at LM but we need solid rules for next year first. I'm going to keep blowing the horn for them but no Dyson racing because no rules in place?!?!? Come on.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3299095)   #149
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GT-Am is a great idea I think. Also helps teams potentially sell on equipment to prospective Am squads.

As others have said, an increased tie-up with the ACO in terms of class. Works for me.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3299102)   #150
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Schedule is done.

Does anyone know at least how many races on the schedule? Are they using Grand Am or ALMS as a guide or the average of the two?