Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Sep 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3304015)   #301
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I've been out of the loop for about a week now since school started again and I don't have internet at my new place.

Anyway, I noticed the NAEC will consist of Daytona, Sebring, The Glen, and PLM. I think it's great to keep this mini-championship, it should attract some extra entries, from NA and Europe.

Has there been any word on the 12th event?
With Baltimore's demise, it's looking more like Mosport is a lock. We hope...
Old 14 Sep 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3304036)   #302
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or Lime Rock, it was looking like they were left off the pre-provisional schedule, correct?
Old 14 Sep 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3304038)   #303
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Or Lime Rock, it was looking like they were left off the pre-provisional schedule, correct?
Possibly, but the thinking now is Lime Rock is too small and we already have 2 split races. Conti Challenge is a good bet to headline a Lime Rock event, but honestly who is going to show up just for Conti Challenge?
Old 15 Sep 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3304055)   #304
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
With a reasonable ticket price, I would easily show up for a Conti-Series weekend with MX-5 Cup, Trans-Am, and GT3. That would actually be darn good and worth a $60 weekend ticket with free camping.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 03:07 (Ref:3304069)   #305
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Pirelli World Challenge is a bigger headline event than the Conti series would be. Especially next year when the series will have full open FIA GT3 regs as supposed to a limited one this year.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3304075)   #306
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
With a reasonable ticket price, I would easily show up for a Conti-Series weekend with MX-5 Cup, Trans-Am, and GT3. That would actually be darn good and worth a $60 weekend ticket with free camping.
This would be better than ALMS/Grand Am itself.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3304312)   #307
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I think the Pirelli World Challenge is a bigger headline event than the Conti series would be. Especially next year when the series will have full open FIA GT3 regs as supposed to a limited one this year.
Since Continental is reputed to have garnered as large (if not larger) TV ratings as Grand Am & ALMS on Speed, and World Challenge is relegated to a godawful 3-5 races-per-broadcast highlights show that nobody watches, I'd guess you're wrong.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3304350)   #308
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think all of us can agree Mosport over Kansas and Baltimore. With the later out of the picture, they really need that North of the Border race, and I really need to see a race at "Ron's place".

Stoked that VIR seems to have made the cut. Maybe once all the dust settles, they can find a way somehow back to Lime Rock.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3304438)   #309
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I think all of us can agree Mosport over Kansas and Baltimore. With the later out of the picture, they really need that North of the Border race, and I really need to see a race at "Ron's place".

Stoked that VIR seems to have made the cut. Maybe once all the dust settles, they can find a way somehow back to Lime Rock.
Unfortunately, I doubt that the USCC will ever run at Lime Rock, simply because of the nature of the track being so short and the subsequent lack of space. And running at Lime Rock may just be an omen of lack of interest - if the USCC decides to run there eventually perhaps that would be a sign that less room will be needed, i.e. less cars?

Personally, I'd love to see Mexico City or Montreal back on the calendar. Montreal is just such a vibrant, happening place and the USCC would certainly be welcome there, I'd expect.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3304516)   #310
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys know how long of a race Indy may be? I'd rather see a normal length race (~500km) at another track, but if it's a 6 hour/100km race, then maybe it could be apart of NAEC and attract some more entrants. Same thing with COTA.

I don't even know why they would discuss Kansas, that 'road course' may as well just be the whole oval. Same with Daytona, but that's a. not nearly as bad and b. not going anywhere.

If they could squeeze in Mid Ohio and Barber, that'd be awesome. Mid Ohio first.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 04:12 (Ref:3304524)   #311
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Unfortunately, I doubt that the USCC will ever run at Lime Rock, simply because of the nature of the track being so short and the subsequent lack of space. And running at Lime Rock may just be an omen of lack of interest - if the USCC decides to run there eventually perhaps that would be a sign that less room will be needed, i.e. less cars?
You've made this point before, but I have also stated before that you can just as easily run GT only at LR, in which they could use the uphill. Judging by the possibility of having GT only and P only rounds next year means less cars at certain events, right? Obviously, 2014 is ruled out, but never? Nothing is for certain.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 04:17 (Ref:3304525)   #312
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Since Continental is reputed to have garnered as large (if not larger) TV ratings as Grand Am & ALMS on Speed, and World Challenge is relegated to a godawful 3-5 races-per-broadcast highlights show that nobody watches, I'd guess you're wrong.
I watch the PWC program, but, I know I'm a "nobody."

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3304758)   #313
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lime Rock proposed a large cap ex project earlier this year to expand the current pit lane, paddock, and also improve some spectator areas. The project was proposed more than likely due to the increased USCC grid size. A recent interview with the track indicated that the project was now on hold since USCC is not including Lime Rock on the 2014 schedule.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3305240)   #314
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bleekemolen will be Keating's codriver in the gt3 viper next season. Great ch
Old 18 Sep 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3305525)   #315
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Bleekemolen will be Keating's codriver in the gt3 viper next season. Great ch
Interesting news. I wonder what the #22 Alex Job Racing team will be doing next season.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 03:59 (Ref:3305555)   #316
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/wayne-taylor-ra...rticle/312134/
Wayne Taylor Racing expanding to 2 cars next year, 2nd car already ordered and looking for drivers right now
Old 18 Sep 2013, 04:19 (Ref:3305559)   #317
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Really...nobody beat me to this?

95% there......just need funding.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3305566)   #318
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They said the same thing at the start of this season ... second car available to wealthy interested parties.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3305762)   #319
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Interesting news. I wonder what the #22 Alex Job Racing team will be doing next season.
I had the same thought. Hopefully Cooper will be back with the Weather-Tech sponsorship, he has been progressing nicely as a young driver. AJR ran an R8 at Daytona this year, so maybe that is an option? They also have experience with Ferrari of course. For teams in need of new cars for GTD next season, a used GT3 would likely be the most economical option and there has to be loads of R8's and 458's available.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3305781)   #320
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I had the same thought. Hopefully Cooper will be back with the Weather-Tech sponsorship, he has been progressing nicely as a young driver. AJR ran an R8 at Daytona this year, so maybe that is an option? They also have experience with Ferrari of course. For teams in need of new cars for GTD next season, a used GT3 would likely be the most economical option and there has to be loads of R8's and 458's available.
Hmm, he was in a C6.R at Le Mans. GTLM-AM in one?

L.P.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3305888)   #321
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
With Baltimore's demise, it's looking more like Mosport is a lock. We hope...
I spoke with a man who works at Mosport's front office today, and he said to me that they are very confident that they'll have a USCC race, and that they are planning to pave another section of paddock at the track because they think with USCC, Conti and the support series, as well as Canadian Touring Car, they'll end up running out of paddock space otherwise.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 02:56 (Ref:3305979)   #322
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big change in speculation from Marshall Pruett on MWM with the USCC schedule. He thinks that Long Beach will be P2/DP/GTLM now with Detroit being LMPC/GTD. I'd rather it been GT only personally. But maybe its a Le Mans related thing, perhaps there are proto teams looking to go.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3306000)   #323
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, he was in a C6.R at Le Mans. GTLM-AM in one?

L.P.
It would be great if someone ran a used C6.R next year.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3306115)   #324
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
But maybe its a Le Mans related thing, perhaps there are proto teams looking to go.
...and GT racers, like Corvette, and Dempsey/Del Piero, and...

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3306286)   #325
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The origin of this picture is the Facebook page of Champion Porsche. There was no text with it, and the only thing I can add is... interesting and yes please.