Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Sep 2013, 02:53 (Ref:3308522)   #451
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like Stevenson stays with GM for 2014

http://sportscar365.com/grand-am/exc...-at-lime-rock/
Old 24 Sep 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3308527)   #452
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/insight-cores-r...rticle/313123/

Jon Benett confirms he will still be driving a PC next year with a new co-driver. Colin Braun probably moving to one of the Porsches with 3 Porsche factory drivers joining him. So total entry is 2 Porsches and 1 PC.
I'd say Braun in the Porsche is still a big assumption at this stage. It's a factory program, everything they've released including this article says factory drivers. It's certainly possible but Porsche would have to be fine with it, and I'd imagine he'd still have to compete for the job (as I understand Briscoe did when he drove the RS Sypder for Penske). They're not short experienced hands to put in the car already, either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Looks like Stevenson stays with GM for 2014

http://sportscar365.com/grand-am/exc...-at-lime-rock/
Maybe? They're clearly still supporting Stevenson now and want to win the championship, but does it really say anything beyond that? The future of the Camaro is still up in the air for one, as the article says, so it seems they've not really made any decisions going forward.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3308529)   #453
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Um...no? Stevenson is using their GM connections to bring in some hired-guns to help their chances of winning a championship.

Last edited by joeb; 24 Sep 2013 at 13:32. Reason: language
Old 24 Sep 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3308781)   #454
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
That also crossed my mind. However, I didn't think you guys would run the last 3 races in the 2010 car.
Since we have yet to announce anything for post-Petit Le Mans, to buy a 2012 Porsche for three remaining races just wouldn't be the most financially sound decision.

Running the 2010 has certainly made us "start over" in a lot of respects, but we're satisfied with being able to finish the race, and as the top Porsche. Granted, both other Porsches had some troubles and will certainly be competitive at VIR and Petit.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3308802)   #455
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that just sounds like throwing gas on a forum fire plus a couple articles hinting at a privateer 991. As much as I'd like to see an Aston for next season, especially with a team that let us get close and tour the setup last year at Petit, I've always thought Falken sounded like a Porsche team through and through.
I'll just have to hope AMR brings one over with Senna and is as fan friendly as Falken is.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3308823)   #456
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another potential P2 for 2014, as Pecom is weighing its options.
http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-20841.html
Old 24 Sep 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3308824)   #457
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
And its not hearsay either, one of the team's bosses actually said it. Hate to draw against the WEC, but I hope they do it. The more P2s we have out there to combat the Daytona Prototype brigades, the better.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3308833)   #458
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well that just sounds like throwing gas on a forum fire plus a couple articles hinting at a privateer 991.
No subliminal hinting here whatsoever. Just talking about our options for the remainder of this current season. Other sources can say whatever they want, and fans can read into it however they want, but our team is keeping our conversation strictly to this season.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3308840)   #459
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
If we had any plans of buying another 2012 car, we would have done it after the crash at Baltimore.
I had thought either you would continue with the 2010 car, or lease a 2012 car (if available) for the final races. It didn't make sense to me to purchase a car for such few races.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3308852)   #460
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Running the 2010 has certainly made us "start over" in a lot of respects,
Any 'affection' left over for the 2010 or is it like an antique compared to the newer equipment?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3308929)   #461
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Considering the last interview to Amato Ferrari on Endurance-Info is more than potential.
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20865.html
Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3308940)   #462
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Any 'affection' left over for the 2010 or is it like an antique compared to the newer equipment?
There will always be some kind of affection that earned Falken our first two ALMS wins. However, having to switch to a four year old car certainly isn't ideal. The car is vastly different from what we've been running. Bryan just did a column for John Dagys that goes into further detail. I'm posting it in the Falken thread in a few moments.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3308955)   #463
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's out it's out it's out!

2014 Tudor United SportsCar Championship

Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring
April 12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
May 4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
May 31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
June 29 – Six Hours of The Glen
July 13 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August 10 – Road America
August 24 – Virginia International Raceway
September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
October 4 – Petit Le Mans

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/20...dule-released/

No Kansas! My faith in these people has been slightly restored. Nice to see the VIR date, which coincidentally falls on my birthday. I guess I know what I'll be doing next August 24th.
Personally, I liked Laguna as a Saturday race.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 24 Sep 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3308979)   #464
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In general, like the schedule - but there a couple of very good circuits left off the calendar. Would like to see something similar to what is done with the German Grand Prix - a rotation of circuits from year to year. . Rotate Indy and Mid Ohio, maybe Lime Rock and VIR.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3308990)   #465
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is it just me as a NA Sportcar Fan, but does anyone else thing the USCC schedule, with a chance to run Le Mans, is head and shoulders better than the WEC's?
Old 25 Sep 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3308993)   #466
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Is it just me as a NA Sportcar Fan, but does anyone else thing the USCC schedule, with a chance to run Le Mans, is head and shoulders better than the WEC's?
That depends upon whether you are considering 21st or 20th century technology.

That being said, I like the schedule in that it focuses on historic road courses rather than rovals.

The WEC still has the advanced automotive technology that should still be a part of the USCC but, until the regs come out, I am not sure whether they are part of the USCC future.

Let's see who has the most advanced and relevant technology and then we can answer your question.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3308994)   #467
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excluding Le Mans, TUSCC's is much better. The WEC's running only F1 circuits really hurts it.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3309001)   #468
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Excluding Le Mans, TUSCC's is much better. The WEC's running only F1 circuits really hurts it.
^^Agreed. WEC only has the better technology in LMP1. LMP2 is the same, LMPC is...LMPC, GTLM is GTE, and GTD is better than GTE-AM.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3309008)   #469
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
^^Agreed. WEC only has the better technology in LMP1. LMP2 is the same, LMPC is...LMPC, GTLM is GTE, and GTD is better than GTE-AM.
If they gimp the hell out of the GT3 cars GTE-Am will still be better. I'm still hoping they change course and just decide to use air restrictors on the GT3 cars and not jack with the aero.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3309013)   #470
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Of course Spa is as good as anything in North America, maybe superior.. Silverstone is decent as well.

Sao Paolo is a strange one.... I think it is a very good F1 track, yet when I watched WEC there, I was completely uninspired.

Fuji... Why? I'd prefer Suzuka.

Shanghai, Bahrain... meh!!

On balance, more good to very good tracks on the TUSCC schedule. Far better Premier category in WEC though.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3309022)   #471
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Of course Spa is as good as anything in North America, maybe superior.. Silverstone is decent as well.

Sao Paolo is a strange one.... I think it is a very good F1 track, yet when I watched WEC there, I was completely uninspired.

Fuji... Why? I'd prefer Suzuka.

Shanghai, Bahrain... meh!!

On balance, more good to very good tracks on the TUSCC schedule. Far better Premier category in WEC though.
The cars on the track are better in WEC, but the tracks aren't that great. It's like taking the Masters field and making them play the public course near my house.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3309025)   #472
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The cars on the track are better in WEC, but the tracks aren't that great. It's like taking the Masters field and making them play the public course near my house.
P1 is pretty good however I would argue that every class in the TUSCC next year is looking stronger than the WEC.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 02:51 (Ref:3309033)   #473
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
P1 is pretty good however I would argue that every class in the TUSCC next year is looking stronger than the WEC.
Stronger than WEC p2?
Old 25 Sep 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3309034)   #474
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeast View Post
Stronger than WEC p2?
The prototype class is looking at 20ish+ cars next year, many of which are going to have all-pro lineups. I would say that is probably stronger than what we are going to see in the WEC. As much as most hate the DP's, it is hard to argue that the WEC is going to do much better.

Projected Prototype Class

2x Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD ARX-03b Honda
2x Action Express Coyote Chevy
2x Level 5 HPD ARX-03b Honda
2x Michael Shank Racing Riley Ford
2x Team Sahlen Riley BMW
1/2x Wayne Taylor Racing Coyote Chevy
1/2x Starworks Riley BMW
1/2x Dyson Racing P2
1/2x Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Riley BMW/Honda?/P2?
1x 8 Star Motorsports Coyote Chevy
1x 8 Star Motorsports P2 Nissan
1x GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Coyote Chevy
1x Deltawing Racing Cars Deltawing Elan
1x Spirit of Daytona Coyote Chevy
1x Marsh Racing Coyote Chevy

Rumored

1x Pickett Racing/Muscle Milk P2
1x Conquest Racing P2
1x Mazdaspeed Lola B12/80 Mazda
1x Pecom Racing Oreca Nissan
Old 25 Sep 2013, 03:43 (Ref:3309037)   #475
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
The prototype class is looking at 20ish+ cars next year, many of which are going to have all-pro lineups. I would say that is probably stronger than what we are going to see in the WEC. As much as most hate the DP's, it is hard to argue that the WEC is going to do much better.

Projected Prototype Class

2x Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD ARX-03b Honda
2x Action Express Coyote Chevy
2x Level 5 HPD ARX-03b Honda
2x Michael Shank Racing Riley Ford
2x Team Sahlen Riley BMW
1/2x Wayne Taylor Racing Coyote Chevy
1/2x Starworks Riley BMW
1/2x Dyson Racing P2
1/2x Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Riley BMW/Honda?/P2?
1x 8 Star Motorsports Coyote Chevy
1x 8 Star Motorsports P2 Nissan
1x GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Coyote Chevy
1x Deltawing Racing Cars Deltawing Elan
1x Spirit of Daytona Coyote Chevy
1x Marsh Racing Coyote Chevy

Rumored

1x Pickett Racing/Muscle Milk P2
1x Conquest Racing P2
1x Mazdaspeed Lola B12/80 Mazda
1x Pecom Racing Oreca Nissan
22 cars at Le Mans, no spec tires, and no DP WEC looks better to me.