Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 Aug 2000, 22:25 (Ref:29446)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tony Cockhead, oh Cochrane has come up with another classic Tonyism...

It seems as though he's decided on next years calendar, without consulting anyone...

1stly he wants to go back to the October long weekend, which is fair enough i guess. The problem is that is the same weekend of the NRL/AFL grand finals, thus attendances would be down.

2ndly, in his infinte wisdom he has decided to set a date THE SAME DAY AS THE GOLD COAST INDY!!! But wait for it, it gets better...He then sent a request to Bobby Rahal for Cart to move their date!!!

from AA:
"Bobby's initial reaction is why don't you guys just move, (your date) which is fair enough, if i was in Bobby's position i would ask the same thing. It is a little hard for American's to get their head around the fact that we are a bigger championship in this country."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Ah, doesn't the Gold Coast Indy get over 200,000 people, making it bigger than any SCS event, by a good 150,000??
-Ah doesn't channel 10 broadcast the event, if given a choice, Indy would always get priority.
-Ah, who's going to race with you Tony? People like to watch support classes you know, and most of the good ones are scared of the Gold Coast concrete...
-Ah, this isn't super touring that you are trying to **** off Tony, Cart is a million times what V8s are or will ever be.

I think it is time Cochrane sat up and smelt the coffee. If only Cams could step in and do something, but we now all know that Cochrane is the boss of motorsport in the Southern Hemisphere now....I just hope Cams sue the pants off em..