Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 18 Aug 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3844487)   #1066
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
He did nothing for Bushell, Hill or Thompson though - one quit and the other two have only started scoring points since Kingston went.

So, your point being? I seem to remember Tingram saying he owes a lot to Geoff and I remember him when he was engineering Colin, they both really enjoyed working together
Old 18 Aug 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3844543)   #1067
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So, your point being? I seem to remember Tingram saying he owes a lot to Geoff and I remember him when he was engineering Colin, they both really enjoyed working together
Tom comes across humble about everything, owes it all to him but speedworks are doing ok without him and didnt rush to get him back.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3844563)   #1068
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
But he did help Tingram develop as a driver
Old 19 Aug 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3844608)   #1069
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
My point is that at the end of last year HARD were claiming that getting Geoff on board was going to propel them up the grid.

It didn't.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3844642)   #1070
Steel Wheels
Racer

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My point is that at the end of last year HARD were claiming that getting Geoff on board was going to propel them up the grid.

It didn't.
The other factor is that Speedworks had proper funding in place for development. Team HARD we’re looking for a magic bullet on less funding. The development and improvements took a few seasons at Speedworks, so the whole process was longer term.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3844645)   #1071
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:

It didn't.
IIRC, it was 3yrs before consistent results appeared at Speedworks. Why do we think that timescale would be massively reduced at another team?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3844676)   #1072
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
IIRC, it was 3yrs before consistent results appeared at Speedworks. Why do we think that timescale would be massively reduced at another team?
3 years for a one car team, so 1 year for a 4-car team should be no problem.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3844688)   #1073
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It wasn't "we" saying that though. It was Team HARD.

Quote:
“We both have the same drive and determination, as well as a winning mentality that has brought us together for 2018. We both believe that we will arrive at race one of the season with a package capable of rivalling any team on the grid. This is another clear statement of our intent and having had Geoff involved for just a few days so far, it is quite clear that we will make a significant step as he will take us to the next level and improve us in all areas."
Don't recall them having a car that can rival any team on the grid this year.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3844705)   #1074
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
It wasn't "we" saying that though. It was Team HARD.

Don't recall them having a car that can rival any team on the grid this year.
Read carefully what they say. They don't refer to the car, but the 'package'.

They also say that they will make improvements, but no timescale is given.

The idea that the car will be the best performing at the start of the season is an interpretation of what is written, not what they actually said.

Package - car, engineers, finance, drivers, sponsors, experience.
Improvements - will be made, at some ungiven time in the future.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3844896)   #1075
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see any real improvement in normal races over any other seasons. I can't be bothered to crunch the numbers but the perception is definitely that's there no big change.

Just seems a strange thing to blame fans for having high expectations when the team has built those expectations up in the first place.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3844928)   #1076
BobJones
Racer

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
years ago they tried some sort of lap time equalisation method but now its just engines equalised. nothing to do with chassis performance.
I hope it stays this way too. No messing about with the unrealistic goal of lap-time BoP.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3845961)   #1077
Evantra
Racer

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
...or did Kingston leaving HARD prompt Simpson to branch out on his own?

Would explain the unusual timing of Simpson's move.
Correct - https://is.gd/bxF5J7
Old 25 Aug 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3846013)   #1078
S griffin
Veteran

So it seems he is highly regarded in the paddock, otherwise Simpson would not have started his own team
Old 27 Aug 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3846596)   #1079
Evantra
Racer

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct me if I am wrong, but we should have 3 driver announcements before Silverstone?

Boardley was only in for Knockhill, Geddie only for Rock and Knock (likely AWE back in?) and the Collards.

I don't believe I've seen or heard anything to suggest Rob will be back at Silverstone this weekend past..?
Old 27 Aug 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3846605)   #1080
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed Evantra, if Boardley or Geddie are to continue or not these would definitely be announcements... pretty sure Carl was a one off taster with an eye on next year switching from the Ginetta.

Not heard anything about Rob C, think the family are being quiet which I fully understand. The sensible course of action would be to stay away from racing until there is no doubt at all the concussion is cured. Is Ricky able to continue or does he have other clashing commitments?