Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Jan 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3605943)   #1
avii
Rookie

avii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best starter car for rally cross

Hi all
I am sure this question must of been asked but I cannot seem to find it.

I would like any suggestion on a good starter car to start rally cross - something where parts are not too expensive to replace while I learn about the sport.

my intention for now is to use it ( the car) form track days not to competition at this stage.

if its not too expensive I may try to build the car myself or buy a ready made one. something I am still researching.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3606518)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Something like a Saxo would be ideal - cheap to build/buy and cheap to run (with plenty of scrapyard available parts and panels). They're also a fun track day car - won't be the quickest thing out there but it'll still be good for smiles
Old 16 Feb 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3615108)   #3
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless you have the tools and skills ready to hand, buying a ready - built car will be cheaper than building from scratch.
Perhaps give a Rover Mini a thought. Again, plenty out there, parts are reasonable and the Retro Rallycross group are a very friendly and encouraging group.