Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Aug 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2742186)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gran Turismo 5 Countdown

So GT5 is at last due for a worldwide release this November and it's shaping up well.

I've recently sold my 360 and am planning to buy a PS3 (again), plus a DFGT (G27 a little too expensive) and the wheelstand Pro.

Confirmed features so far.

Much improved physics, graphics and sound.
Damage (including mechanical)
Full mechanical and body tuning.
Day/Night transitions
Dynamic race tracks i.e the Nordcschleife specatator areas being filled with MPV's, tents etc, during the 24hrs as opposed to regular track days.
Online track days
Head tracking
3D
Comprehensive online features with spectator mode

Expected features.

Weather
Kart racing
Track editor

As much of a GT fan as I am I doubt I'll be buying the £150 Signature Edition!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...ional-release/

Last edited by JAG; 9 Aug 2010 at 22:27.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2742196)   #2
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
November you said lol....I will never regret having my Xbox and Forza Motorsport 3 ^^
Old 10 Aug 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2742430)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh... you got a PS3... thank god Simbin are putting their next title on it.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2742441)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I still haven't got as far as buying a PS3 - GT5 might swing it (and Dirt 3 for that matter)
Old 10 Aug 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2742497)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I need to pick up a seriously cheap PS3.

Selby
Old 10 Aug 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2742503)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
On a side note, if anyone would like to help me with that, that'd be magnificent

Selby
Old 10 Aug 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2742590)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
November you said lol....I will never regret having my Xbox and Forza Motorsport 3 ^^
I owned a 360 and Forza 3 for the past 6 months and while very enjoyable I don't think it stands up particularly well with what GT5 offers.

There's a video of the sepctator mode here.

http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo...ideo/#comments

Last edited by JAG; 10 Aug 2010 at 18:16.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2742598)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really? I thought GT5 was kinda off. Couldn't really figure out why, it just didn't feel right, but it was the demo for GT5P not the full release. Not sure how different the game is but I'm NOT a wheel guy and love the 360 controller better. I have tried wheel/pedals, including the new MS wheel and just wasn't any good with it, about 2 min slower around Nurburing than with the controller. There's just something about the triggers that does it for me driving, couldn't get the feel down with the PS3 with a bunch of different games.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2742764)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is daft, this game should have been released, played, end of story years ago!

Instead they have been messing about, trying to make it perfect and that is always impossible on a console!

I have fond memories of the original games but the latter versions have simply been updates on the original engine.They still pretty much drive the same and have updated graphics.

You will get the self same cars IE the white Focus WRC, the Falcon in Valvoline colours, all the WRC cars, the usual old Super GT stuff with a few models.

Polyphony are VERY lazy programmers and have played this trick for yeras of dressing up and old game in new clothes.

I will try it, and it promises much, but I am hoping for more of an immersive game instead of the programmers cheating gamers out of completion by forcing you to do 3 24 hour races against 6 cars to finish a game, or having to do a 3 lap race around High Speed Ring (Oh did I mention that 10 years on we are STILL racing at the same boring tracks like Autumn Ring, Deep Forest etc etc) in a 1 hp pedal car! I mean cmon.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2742824)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The GT games left me jaded, but this does look to be genuinely very exciting now. New stuff is added all the time.

I cannot wait to hop in the #42 Target Chevy.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:06 (Ref:2742896)   #11
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and promptly put it in the wall
Old 11 Aug 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2743033)   #12
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can't say I'm counting the days to be honest. F1 2010 looks far more exciting to me although I'm certain that I will get a copy of GT5 I'll possibly wait 'till Christmas for it and get myself more immersed in the F1 game first.

GT5 is definately looking like a good antidote to the massivly compramised let down that was FM3 though so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Perry McCarthy
Old 11 Aug 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2743148)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
This is daft, this game should have been released, played, end of story years ago!

Instead they have been messing about, trying to make it perfect and that is always impossible on a console!

I have fond memories of the original games but the latter versions have simply been updates on the original engine.They still pretty much drive the same and have updated graphics.

You will get the self same cars IE the white Focus WRC, the Falcon in Valvoline colours, all the WRC cars, the usual old Super GT stuff with a few models.

Polyphony are VERY lazy programmers and have played this trick for yeras of dressing up and old game in new clothes.

I will try it, and it promises much, but I am hoping for more of an immersive game instead of the programmers cheating gamers out of completion by forcing you to do 3 24 hour races against 6 cars to finish a game, or having to do a 3 lap race around High Speed Ring (Oh did I mention that 10 years on we are STILL racing at the same boring tracks like Autumn Ring, Deep Forest etc etc) in a 1 hp pedal car! I mean cmon.
You need to get upto speed with what GT5 offers.

PD have been refining the games structure so people won't, as you say, play it then move on.

The structure is in place meaning all that is needed is DLC to sustain GT5 for the PS3's lifespan.

As for the physics they have gone through two or three interations since GT5P and at long last seem to be upto the standard of the best rFactor and GTR2 mods.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2743247)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DLC that you will pay through the nose for as you have with CoD Modern Warfae and other games like Tiger Woods golf which offers an insane amount of pay for content.

The PS3 has not really got much mroe of a lifespan, there is a new macghine com,ing within 2 yeasr I believe.

Polyphony have always been too focused on perfection rather than offering too much new. I would prefer a game with a little less perfect graphics and surroundings, and nmore time spent developing new tracks, new cars and a more refined gameplay engine, the demo was possibly the worst physics yet tried on a PS controller!
Old 12 Aug 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2743404)   #15
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
The GT games left me jaded, but this does look to be genuinely very exciting now. New stuff is added all the time.

I cannot wait to hop in the #42 Target Chevy.
Is JPM's ride definitly in there?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2743421)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah seen pictures of all the major 2010 cars (complete with new spoilers). Probably a full grid in there.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2743588)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Does anyone know what Formula 1 cars are available in this? I heard something about a Red Bull being in there.

Selby
Old 12 Aug 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2743606)   #18
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Currently only the F2007 has been confirmed.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2743634)   #19
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But considering Polyphony's new found relationship with Red Bull Racing I would consider it to be highly likely that one of the Red Bull cars are in there too.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2743808)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
DLC that you will pay through the nose for as you have with CoD Modern Warfae and other games like Tiger Woods golf which offers an insane amount of pay for content.

The PS3 has not really got much mroe of a lifespan, there is a new macghine com,ing within 2 yeasr I believe.

Polyphony have always been too focused on perfection rather than offering too much new. I would prefer a game with a little less perfect graphics and surroundings, and nmore time spent developing new tracks, new cars and a more refined gameplay engine, the demo was possibly the worst physics yet tried on a PS controller!
I'd quite happily pay hundreds of pounds for quality DLC as I've already spent far more on the equipment to play this game.

As for the physics with a controller GT5 needs to be used with a wheel in Pro mode.

With regards to this generation of consoles they'll still be going strong in 3-4 years time as there are few technical reasons to upgrade. 3D and Move on the PS3 haven't even been launched yet.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2743810)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Currently only the F2007 has been confirmed.
I would hope PD make the most of the Ferrari licence and produce many of their classic Le Mans and F1 cars.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2744595)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I would hope PD make the most of the Ferrari licence and produce many of their classic Le Mans and F1 cars.
Now that I didn't even think of.

Classic F1 Ferraris...

Selby
Old 14 Aug 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2744638)   #23
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Id expect 1 of the Newey Red Bulls in the game because there was a GT5 video posted on Youtube showing Newey and some of the developers of GT5 sat in an office at the Red Bull factory looking at what looked to be drawings.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2745866)   #24
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or they might be taking a current era F1 car and using it as a generic model like they did in GT4. Keeps what must be quite a significant cost of licensing down as well as avoid the exclusive rights issue that goes with F1 these days. wouldn't it be nice to drive a 312/68
Old 17 Aug 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2746302)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
Confirmed European release date 3rd November.

A few new classic cars.

http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-...w-gt5-screens/