Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Jun 2016, 08:42 (Ref:3655353)   #176
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Welcome back to Victory circle Smoke. Nice to get a
victory in the final year.
Hey canamman. Nice to see you. I was wondering if this place was still alive or if it had died. No posts here, since the 7th of June, until you posted. Stewart wins. On to Daytona. Hope everyone will start posting again.
Old 27 Jun 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3655385)   #177
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Very memorable win from Stewart in what is probably his last one.
Old 28 Jun 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3655527)   #178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see Smoke win. The most nascar I've watched all year . Love seeing these cars hustled around the road courses, bouncing off curbs, sliding through corners, spinning tires and banging off each other in respectful ways.

Can't wait for DW to retire. Glad if I watch anymore races this year I won't have to hear Jaws or any of the other FOX clowns.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3656309)   #179
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Hey canamman. Nice to see you. I was wondering if this place was still alive or if it had died. No posts here, since the 7th of June, until you posted. Stewart wins. On to Daytona. Hope everyone will start posting again.
Thanks R.Lee. I am ready for Daytona tonite. Xfinity was interesting last
nite with Almirola getting the win. Chase Elliott is my hopeful for tonite.
After what Austin did to the fence last year, I wouldn't mind seeing
him get a victory.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 01:34 (Ref:3656375)   #180
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh look. The Big One. Tuned in just in time! Chase is out and so am I....
Old 3 Jul 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3656444)   #181
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Thanks R.Lee. I am ready for Daytona tonite. Xfinity was interesting last
nite with Almirola getting the win. Chase Elliott is my hopeful for tonite.
After what Austin did to the fence last year, I wouldn't mind seeing
him get a victory.
You're welcomed. I was hoping that Chase would do well last night too. But not to be. These huge accidents are UNNECESSARY, but as long as there are restrictor plates, there will be HUGE, UNNECESSARY accidents. My REAL fear is that one day, they won't "dodge the bullet" and one of those cars is going to clear the catch fence and wind up in the crowd!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3656445)   #182
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Can't wait for DW to retire. Glad if I watch anymore races this year I won't have to hear Jaws or any of the other FOX clowns.
I've not ever had a problem with DW and I like FOX's coverage. After seeing NBC's NONSTOP COMMERCIAL COVERAGE, last night, I wish FOX was back covering the races again! Last night was ALMOST unwatchable! Plus, Rick Allen has to he the absolute WORST racing announcer, since TV coverage of stock car racing began! I'll take FOX ANYDAY over what I saw last night! Of course, your mileage may vary."
Old 3 Jul 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3656474)   #183
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a big one alright. 19 cars involved!
I don't want to lay blame on these big accidents
but McMurry #1 and Johnson #48 seems to be at the
beginning of a lot of these. Probably dumb luck I guess.

All my drivers finished 21st or worse. Oh well.
Chase did not get hurt too bad in points.
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2016/pdf...2016points.pdf

OT , Nephew made it up to AAA.
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2016/ALL
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:51 (Ref:3656872)   #184
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
That was a big one alright. 19 cars involved!
I don't want to lay blame on these big accidents
but McMurry #1 and Johnson #48 seems to be at the
beginning of a lot of these. Probably dumb luck I guess.

All my drivers finished 21st or worse. Oh well.
Chase did not get hurt too bad in points.
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2016/pdf...2016points.pdf

OT , Nephew made it up to AAA.
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2016/ALL
AAA ball -- That's OUTSTANDING! I don't remember if you told me or not, you probably did, but my "OLDTIMER'S" is kicking in I guess. Seems I have more CRS attacks with each passing day, but what team/organization is he playing for? I hope he continues to advance and gets up to the MBL team!

In the end, I don't blame any of the drivers for these crashes. I lay the blame on what actually causes them -- the restrictor plate! The problem is that these plates rob the cars of all throttle response/acceleration. Without the ability to accelerate, these cars can't get out of their own way. There is no way that they can break away from the freight train pack, they're just stuck. If they had the ability to get away from each other, you would not see these huge accidents! No, they do not have to increase speeds, by giving the drivers the ability to accelerate. Look back at the races in the early 1970s. NASCAR mandated restrictor plates roughly between mid-season or so 1970 through 1975, when they started reducing engine displacement from 430 cubic inches, down to the present 358 cubic inches. They had enough throttle response to accelerate away from each other, to break up the packs and you did not see these HUGE accidents that take out half of the starting field in a single accident! Lap speeds were generally slower, at both Daytona and Talladega, then they are today! The problem is that the MORON, Brian France, knows NOTHING about what drivers, teams and fans want, he knows ONLY what he wants and he wants what HE thinks they want, these huge accidents! His arrogance, refusal to admit that he is wrong and his ignoring what the drivers, teams and fans want (and KNOW what is good for them and the sport) is going to wind up getting people killed one day! Let one of these cars get through a catch fence, kill and injure a number of people sitting in the grandstands and just see how long professional auto racing survives! Trial lawyers will have a field day and they will close the sport of auto racing down, in this country, forever!
Old 4 Jul 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3656905)   #185
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
what team/organization is he playing for?
Braves
Old 4 Jul 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3656928)   #186
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Braves
That is AWESOME! He plays for the Gwinette Braves! Hope he makes it to the Atlanta team! Gives me the pefrect excuse to go see the Gwinette Braves play!
Old 20 Jul 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3659792)   #187
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Drivers with no wins:

Ryan Newman, Chase Elliott, Austin Dillon, Trevor Bayne, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kyle Larson, Ricky Stenhouse, Kasey Kahne.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3660287)   #188
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Guys,
How are you all?
I've been away from a computer for a few months, missed all the races which I can only watch online, and of course you chaps on 10/10ths.
I have just watched 17 races in 14 days. I wonder if this is a record and if I should be awarded a prize?
I have only caught up to Daytona 400, am waiting for NASCAR to upload more to youtube.
I miss DW, Mike, Jeff and Larry already.
Looking forward to the rest of the season.
What's the story with Dale JR? Is he permanently concussed?
Old 23 Jul 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3660292)   #189
canamman
Veteran

United States
Wow number4 , that is an impressive feat you have accomplished.
You should be awarded a prize, something along the lines of a
trip for 2 for the Daytona 500. Would that do?

Junior is in a precarious place. I can see that one more serious concussion
could do it for him . He wont go away though, he has the Xfinity team
and would probably keep busy with that.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3660345)   #190
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Cheers Canamman,
They had a good turn out of can am cars at Goodwood this year, quite a few had a go at the hillclimb. I only saw it on tv though.
I remember about 25 years ago they were at Brands Hatch. The ground was shaking so bad my beer fell over, happy days.
Now I have all the Xfinity, Trucks, K&N, Arca, and Indy left to catch up on, so I will have to keep up a gruelling pace, at least the Tour de France finishing soon will give me some spare time.

I thought the Cup racing has been pretty good, except the all star race. I'm not sure anyone knows what was going on there. It was good to see the #14 win, although the timely caution and final pass on the #11 had me a bit dubious.
It has been good to see the rookies #24 and #21 running well. I wish Chase would cheer up a bit, sulking after a good finish in a Cup race is a bit crap. Also the #42 has finally started contending for a win.

Looking forward to seeing Gordon in the #88!
Old 23 Jul 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3660356)   #191
canamman
Veteran

United States
You really are in to Stock Cars. Good to have you. We could use
a few more here in NASCAR threadland.

I have also watched every Tour De France since the Greg LeMond Days.
Froome has it once again and will not let go. Seeing him running
the Tour when his bike broke in the motorcycle crash was amazing to see.
I would like to see Cav get the sprint on the Champs.

#24 Chase has always been that way. If he made a mistake, he beats himself up, if he did something amazing, he gives the credit to the team.
He is really low key and leans more towards shy. I saw him race
at a track near our house. He would beat men 30-50 yrs old in a
late model car when he was 14 or 15. He definitely has 'IT".
Old 23 Jul 2016, 14:49 (Ref:3660364)   #192
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
You should attempt to appear at the Guinness.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3660369)   #193
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Cavendish has quit ,gone home to get ready for the Rio Olympics, he could not face the Alps.

I like Chase, but in a way he reminds me of Kyle Bush before his big crash. When I hear a guy who is earning millions driving race cars sulking like a baby, I want to shake him and shout "GET OVER YOURSELF YOU SPOILT £$%#!"

Here in England oval racing is basically bangers, half contact bangers (stock cars), and non contact bangers (hot rods). The only decent series we have are the BRISCA F1 stock cars, which are a bit like full contact sprint cars.

The Dukes of Hazzard were the greatest influence of my childhood, and I have been obsessed with southern stock cars ever since. Now that I have the internet, my dreams have become reality, in HD!
Old 23 Jul 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3660378)   #194
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
You should attempt to appear at the Guinness.
It's funny you should say that, I have just finished the last of three cases of Guinness I "inherited" ten minutes ago .
Old 25 Jul 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3661053)   #195
canamman
Veteran

United States
The 22nd installment of the Brickyard is in the books.
Kyle Busch was completely untouchable the whole weekend.
Seems after restarts he would have a 10 carlink lead
in just 1 lap.

The storylines were entertaining but the on track product
was on the dull side once again. They might want to consider
alternating the road course to shake things up and create a
little more interest for the event. The last 30 minutes were
interesting as the field took 3 or 4 tries to get a restart right.
Those cleanups took a while. Thank goodness Nascar handed out water
to the drivers during the red flag period.

The after race lap with Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon was a nice touch.

Pocono then The Glen coming up.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3661073)   #196
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
They should do 1 lap on the speedway followed by a lap on the road course and call it "Crown Royal presents Speedway Merging Madness Combat Wounded Coalition 400 at the Brickyard".

I tried to watch some. The end was the normally painful elongated nonsense I've come to hate. Shame. People used to watch...
Old 25 Jul 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3661130)   #197
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
What if Nascar runs at Indianapolis clockwise with two chicanes at the end of the straights?
Old 25 Jul 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3661198)   #198
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll admit I've watched probably 40 laps of NASCAR this year and most of the was at Sonoma but holy schnickey is the brickyard a snoozefest in stockcars now. I watched the first two and it was a lot more like Indycars and some movement but the 10 laps I watched were snoozers. And yes only 2 were with sound, not sure who's on NBC but ask Hobbs and Matchett to swing by and comment from Charlotte cause the regular guys in the booth are beyond terrible and even sound bored. At least we could get some entertainment out of two F1 guys trying to figure it out a while.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3661209)   #199
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And yes only 2 were with sound, not sure who's on NBC but ask Hobbs and Matchett to swing by and comment from Charlotte cause the regular guys in the booth are beyond terrible and even sound bored. At least we could get some entertainment out of two F1 guys trying to figure it out a while.
You know whats funny about that is Hobbs was in the booth
back in the late 70's when tv and NASCAR took off.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3661220)   #200
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Kyle Busch is the only good thing about this race. Sorry, but I like the guy (and of course a Toyota win).