Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 Feb 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1238303)   #26
Pondo
Rookie

Pondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the rumours about the 24 hour race at the 'Ring true, then? Class!
Old 28 Feb 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1238304)   #27
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just pre-ordered my copy of GT4 - WOOHOO!
Old 28 Feb 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1238308)   #28
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondo
Are the rumours about the 24 hour race at the 'Ring true, then? Class!
yes, but it will be day during the complete race
Old 28 Feb 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1238314)   #29
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please forgive me, but, errh...

Wasn't it supposed to be released on the 11th? I didn't know they changed it back to a February date
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 28 Feb 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1238381)   #30
Pondo
Rookie

Pondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
yes, but it will be day during the complete race
Hmm, not as class as it could have been...

... But a 24 hour race at Nurby is still class!
Old 28 Feb 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1238405)   #31
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now...is there a 24 hour race at Le Mans as well?
Old 28 Feb 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1238488)   #32
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn, have to wait untill the 9th of March to get my copy...
Might as well pre-order it tomorrow just in case...
Old 1 Mar 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1239188)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah crap, damn phone bills...
Guess I can only afford 1 game this month...

And sadly there's one game I'd much rather have than GT4, which is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II!

Bye bye GT4... for now at least...
Old 1 Mar 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1239271)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bloody Star Wars! Pish!

I have had to cancel my order of GT4 off eBay because of AOL messing up my internet bill again. Yes, I am changing servers very soon!

So instead I'm going down to Tescos with my mate at midnight on Tuesday to pick a copy up as it hits the shelves. Sad!
Old 1 Mar 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1239306)   #35
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very Sad....
Old 1 Mar 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1239309)   #36
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ill probably wait for my mate to buy it...get fed up with it in two weeks...and buy it cheap from him.... ....have got most of my racing games this way!!
Old 1 Mar 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1239490)   #37
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I got my copy last week. The graphics are awesome and there are a TON of cars. I like the fact that they made some of the more exotic cars available. Trouble is they cost a lot. I think the Audi R8 runs you about $4,500,000 and you can pick up a Group C car like the Peugeot 905B for about $3,500,000.

I have not had the time to explore much of the game yet, but I've absolutely fallen in love with the Nürburgring Nordschleife. What an incredible track! Couple of questions for some of you that would know. Is the Nordschleife in the same area as the grand prix track? Does it really have a bunch of grafitti all over it? And my lord, is it really that narrow? The 24 Hour race there must be amazing.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1239496)   #38
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes its near the track, its right next to where you start on gt4 the gp track .
yes there is graffiti,
yes it is that narrow
and yes the 24 hours race is amazing .
Old 1 Mar 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1239508)   #39
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks!

I was trying to see what the lap record was, but couldn't find it. I know Group C raced there in 1983 and that the pole was around 6:11 and something in a 956. Crazy to think how fast that might be. I managed a 6:90 in a Dome NSX. But there is still more speed to find.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1239526)   #40
ASCII Man
Veteran

6:90?
Well.. that's new...

Imperialist aye?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 1 Mar 2005 at 23:14.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1239549)   #41
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
You must be taking a dig at me, but I can't figure out exactly what it is that you're saying.

Old 2 Mar 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1239573)   #42
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
don't get the imperialsist thing either, but then again, I did notice the odd way of saying 7'30....

;-)

have fun playing folks. GT1 and GT2 got me through having babies in the house, was the only break from diapers, late at night when babes and wife were asleep.....
Old 2 Mar 2005, 00:34 (Ref:1239597)   #43
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bah! I still don't have it!
When was the release date changed and to what date was it changed??
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 2 Mar 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1239950)   #44
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
You must be taking a dig at me, but I can't figure out exactly what it is that you're saying.

Come to think of it, I don't know it either...
Old 2 Mar 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1240222)   #45
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there

i've had this game pre ordered since Jan 8 2004 (why do years take so long?)

seriously i personally can't wait to get it & start racing

ps i heard rumours of a Capri being in it
is it still there ?

d-b
Old 2 Mar 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1240321)   #46
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor
bah! I still don't have it!
When was the release date changed and to what date was it changed??
It seems it was announced February the 3rd, and the release date was February the 22nd, the US version, that is.

European release date is March 9th.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 2 Mar 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1240395)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've taken days off work, just so the time goes a bit faster until next Wednesday. I need this game!
Old 2 Mar 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1240425)   #48
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm off work,period, at the moment!

If ever there's a good time to get the bullet then it is to coincide with the release of GT4, and promotional Smirnoff at our offy.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1240470)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yer, got to agree there!

Wonder if there'll be any promotions at my offy come midnight Tuesday!

Just six days of waiting!

*knowlesy messes his pants*
Old 3 Mar 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1240765)   #50
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of other things as well,the AI is somewhat better but more of the same,meaning no damage on the cars and you can run into the barriers without damage and also bump like crazy with other cars and have no damage.Plus at times the screen tends to what I call boggle at the wrong moment,a lot of gamers had this issue and if you go to gamespy.com they say the same thing as well.I find the old tracks to be a little bit better in handling then GT3 but that also depends on which cars you drive.There is a NOS option to buy but to be hinest it is not worth the price of 5,000 credits.SOme of the engine sounds are a bit too over done,like the Neon SRT4 does not sound right(maybe too digitally remastered)plus there are times when the cars shifts flames come out of the tailpipes,cool but after a while a bit annoying.Bottom line it is a great game,more of the same from the series.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog