Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 Oct 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1752291)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Gran Turismo Racing Series

Welcome to the NEW Gran Turismo Racing League! To open proceedings will be the tough, challenging, and daunting track of Nurburgring Nordschleife. With over 160 turns and 20 kilometres of track, cars are sure to take a beating around here. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines as we go racing in the Gran Turismo Racing League!

ROUND 1:
Circuit: Nurburgring Nordshleife
Laps: 3
Tyre Wear: Mild
Tyre Type: Medium

Your time must be PM'd to me by Sunday November 5th, at Midday GMT. For those of you in the UK, that means around 12:00. For the Australian competitors, that means you must send your time to me by 10:00PM Sunday night.

And remember folks, the key factor to making this series successful is HONESTY. Don't ruin the series for everyone else by sending me a fake time.

Happy racing!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Oct 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1752434)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be in the Woodone Supra.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1752465)   #3
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll use the Toyota WOODONE Tom's Supra, providing it is ok that so many seem to be using that car

So we can send our time any time before that deadline? And do we need to send fastest lap?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1752474)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can by all means use the Supra safc fan.

And yes, you can send your time to me any time you want between now and Sunday. Fastest laps are not needed.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1752661)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, Ive just done it, had lots of off-track moments (check the screenshots thread soon) really couldnt control the car after the jusm, pitted at teh end of lap 2, but ok race. Can you change your car during the season?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1752663)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Nope, no car changes.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1752909)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a go this afternoon and had quite a heavy hit into the barrier at the fast right after the first sector, and lost a bit of time. Other than that, the car seemed to handle ok, but the last half of the second lap was certainly interesting, with tyres wearing. I'm not sure if your driving style on the game can affect tyre wear (can it?) but my tyres were pretty badly worn!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1752951)   #8
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 laps of nurburgring! A nice, gentle start to the season then...
Old 29 Oct 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1753120)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you done with the poll now Chatters? I so I'll remove it and put 'NEW' in the thread title so everyone knows you're up and running for the new 'season'
Old 30 Oct 2006, 01:47 (Ref:1753195)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be running the Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '03
Old 30 Oct 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1753273)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Are you done with the poll now Chatters? I so I'll remove it and put 'NEW' in the thread title so everyone knows you're up and running for the new 'season'
Yep, you can do both of those things pirenzo. Sounds like all the competitors are having fun...
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:18 (Ref:1753413)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I did the 3 laps last night

I'll do them again with the right tyres later
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1753422)   #13
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I set a time I'm sort of happy-ish with this morning, but I could have a good 10 seconds off it later if I actually stay on the black stuff a bit more around the twisty bits.

I totally see what Safc_fan meant about tyre wear although I only really started to struggle in the final quarter of my second lap on those tyres so maybe that didn't affect my time all that much.

Are we allowed to keep plugging away all week setting faster times or are we meant to just have the one shot?
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1753430)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Are we allowed to keep plugging away all week setting faster times or are we meant to just have the one shot?
Yep, keep on trucking until you are happy with your time. And even if I said you only had one shot, it's not as if I could enforce it .
Old 31 Oct 2006, 05:55 (Ref:1754075)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Just finished my first go at it, the tyres were really starting to complain after about 1 lap and a half (probably too much drifting! ). I'll definately be going again WITHOUT drifting...
Old 31 Oct 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1754587)   #16
safc_fan89
Veteran

I'm leaving another go until Saturday I think, don't have the time to have a real go at it midweek!

My driving style is hardly going to conserve the tyres, it is not what you would call smooth
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1754834)   #17
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
I set a time I'm sort of happy-ish with this morning, but I could have a good 10 seconds off it later if I actually stay on the black stuff a bit more around the twisty bits.
Isn't it amazing how with a bit of practice with this game you can achieve times you never thought possible. Instead of 10 seconds I've had 42 seconds off my first time, and still got a little in hand.

Not really sure how I've done it but I think I've cracked the tyre wear thing or at least got it to managable levels right up until the final slow corners on the 2nd lap.

I'm very curious as to how you're all getting on with the other cars so might have a crack with one of them after just for fun.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1755196)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Just had another shot at it, the tyre wear was not a problem, they were still yellow when I pitted. But I just kept losing the car over the bumps... It would come down and vere violently to the left... Scary when you're doing 250+ km/h.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1755281)   #19
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm after abit of practice i attempted to do a 3 lap race.....but how is it possible. Arcade mode only allows 2 lap races, while time trial mode doesn't track total time?

Any help?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1755423)   #20
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just go to options, it's in there somewhere.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1755786)   #21
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the main menu, go to options/arcade and change race length. Also set tyre wear to medium.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 05:37 (Ref:1755888)   #22
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Beat me to it, thanks for explaining it trevisio. .
Old 2 Nov 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1755913)   #23
Fte_by_Ford
Rookie

Australia
Hervey Bay
Fte_by_Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any room for a late entry.

From what i'm reading are we just using the JGTC.

MIght give the motul skyline.

scott
Old 2 Nov 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1755921)   #24
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
By all means Fte, welcome! Glad to have you on board. I assume you mean your car is the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z? If so, that's fine to use. Remember to PM your time to me by this Sunday. Thanks!
Old 2 Nov 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1755947)   #25
Fte_by_Ford
Rookie

Australia
Hervey Bay
Fte_by_Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
By all means Fte, welcome! Glad to have you on board. I assume you mean your car is the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z? If so, that's fine to use. Remember to PM your time to me by this Sunday. Thanks!
Was going the R34..bit of old school...well not that old..see how it goes.

any chance of using the falcon..even though its a b itch to handel on this track