Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3841855)   #401
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Is there anything to suggest he's interested in financing a Formula One team?

If we're doing this for every Indian billionaire it could take a while.
Agree. There seems to be nothing in that article related to F1 or racing in general. There seems to be some interest in making money from the "sports" market. F1 is NOT the place to make money, it is where money goes to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Is there any reason to think Force India will be bought by an Indian concern? No-one has been among the rumoured buyers. Myself, I’m rather hoping for Michael Andretti.
I feel the same regarding Andretti. I wonder if Andretti would fit the mold that the other second tier teams are looking for? Would he as a new owner speed or hinder the FI sale?

Richard
Old 6 Aug 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3841924)   #402
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Autosport reports that the deadline for expressions of interest in the team passed today.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3841939)   #403
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Autosport reports that the deadline for expressions of interest in the team passed today.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...t-for-survival

Quote from Autosport article...

"Mercedes may need a commitment to its full debt being paid off to transfer its engine contract to the new company, or it could consider the survival of the team, and what it offers long-term, sufficient or partial compensation."

This is not my area of expertise, but is Mercedes in the drivers seat to a degree? As one of the largest (the largest?) creditor, can they accept or decline specific deals based upon who is trying to acquire the team? Meaning, if someone they don't like is trying to work a deal then Mercedes asks for more as part of the settlement? If it is someone they like, they can accept a lesser (or $0) settlement to make the deal happen?

Richard
Old 6 Aug 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3841945)   #404
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren should buy Force India, then they could get their hands on Mercedes engines and throw their old cars in the skip
Old 6 Aug 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3841953)   #405
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
McLaren should buy Force India, then they could get their hands on Mercedes engines and throw their old cars in the skip
I assume the engine contracts ensure Mercedes has a say who get's their engines. It's not like Ferrari could buy FI and then expect Mercedes to hand over an engine for inspection!

Richard
Old 7 Aug 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3842008)   #406
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope Force India find someone soon. It would be a big shame if they weren't on the grid next season
Old 7 Aug 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3842009)   #407
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, as has been pointed out, the administrators will want a sale sooner rather than later, as they’re currently paying the team’s bills. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 12:34 (Ref:3842079)   #408
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Left field.. Team Force Spain..
Paid for by Repsol/Telefonica/MoviStar/Estrella Garcia and every other Spanish brand...

With Mr Sainz in one car and...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3842117)   #409
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pedro de la Rosa with yet another comeback!
Old 7 Aug 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3842126)   #410
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Marc Marquez.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3842128)   #411
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
How different is Estella Garcia from Estrella Galicia?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3842134)   #412
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
How different is Estella Garcia from Estrella Galicia?
About half a second on autocorrect!
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3842137)   #413
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Lawrence Stroll owns a Ferrari dealership in Québec. Relevant?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3842153)   #414
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Lawrence Stroll owns a Ferrari dealership in Québec. Relevant?
Daddy Stroll buys Ferrari! Lance to be new #1 at Ferrari. Vettel to act in supporting role via team orders. Traditional red cars now to feature a large red maple leaf. You read it here first!

Richard
Old 7 Aug 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3842159)   #415
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stroll Snr saves the team:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/45105296

Force India out of administration then!
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3842161)   #416
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that’s good? I mean it’s good we’re not losing a team, but it’s a decent seat to a pretty meh driver and it doesn’t really address the Mercedes b team issue at all
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3842163)   #417
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder what Merc think about it.......?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3842164)   #418
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
This wouldn’t have been my preferred outcome but at least the team is safe for now. Lance is presumably bound there, so Ocon to Williams, maybe?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3842166)   #419
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm glad the jobs have been saved and I hope the suppliers receive their due sums.As for speculating about Lance Stroll's future,I would imagine that his contract with Williams would include a clause about all sums promised being paid in the event of a wish to leave-SFW has been there,seen it and done it with regard to most situations.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3842167)   #420
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The priority for the new owners, I assume, has to be getting the other teams to agree that they should inherit Force India’s right to prize money. A second-order issue, which I think also requires the agreement of the other teams, is a name change. You would think Checo would want to stay, provided he can be reassured that he’ll get paid henceforth. Not many other seats available.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3842168)   #421
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Not sure other teams need agree as, unusually, the business came out of administration so it should be the same entity as before, just with fresh shareholders.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3842176)   #422
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I'm glad the jobs have been saved and I hope the suppliers receive their due sums.As for speculating about Lance Stroll's future,I would imagine that his contract with Williams would include a clause about all sums promised being paid in the event of a wish to leave-SFW has been there,seen it and done it with regard to most situations.
You don't get to be a billionaire by handing over cash for nothing and no doubt he will cite Williams lack of performance and sending his son out in a dangerous car at Silverstone as examples that he has not received the level of performance he had paid for. Could be the end for Paddy Lowe as Williams reassess the business plan.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3842177)   #423
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The priority for the new owners, I assume, has to be getting the other teams to agree that they should inherit Force India’s right to prize money. A second-order issue, which I think also requires the agreement of the other teams, is a name change. You would think Checo would want to stay, provided he can be reassured that he’ll get paid henceforth. Not many other seats available.
Unless changing the team name for 2019 makes it a different team, I don't think the above would apply in this case.
As mentioned above, the team (for now at least) remains the same, so it'd be them receiving their own prize money - no problem.
And iirc a team only needs the others teams to agree a name change if they change name more than once in a five year period. I know that used to be the case, as this is how Force India got its own name, and I've not seen a change to this rule, though I could have missed it.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3842179)   #424
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be quite ironic if it is Perez who leaves the team for Stroll, when Perez has partly saved the team with his legal action. I wouldn't be surprised though. Money won't be an issue now and Ocon won't be leaving if they become the Mercedes B team
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3842190)   #425
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The important thing is that the team is saved. I’ll reserve judgement on what Stroll snr does till I see it

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1