Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Oct 2002, 18:45 (Ref:407398)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
China gets 6 year GP deal

from autoport.com

Formula 1 is heading to the most populous nation on earth, China, after FIA president Max Mosley confirmed that the new Shanghai facility will host the Chinese Grand Prix from 2004 to 2010.

well......what do we all think about that then ?
Old 18 Oct 2002, 18:48 (Ref:407402)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news.

Bye, bye Imola
Old 18 Oct 2002, 19:48 (Ref:407450)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bye, bye Spa...
Old 18 Oct 2002, 19:59 (Ref:407454)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bye Bye sunday afernoon Gp's for the UK

Last edited by Sato san; 18 Oct 2002 at 19:59.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 20:18 (Ref:407471)   #5
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was wrong with having it at Zuhai?

That was a good track.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 20:48 (Ref:407492)   #6
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must have been a sizeable cash donation to the Ecclestone memorial fund from the ever popular, human rights respecting, communist Chinese government.... Then again I may well becoming a little cynical in my old age....
Old 18 Oct 2002, 20:51 (Ref:407493)   #7
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<grumble...>

I've already said my piece in the "Not another Tilke..." thread.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 18 Oct 2002 at 20:52.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 20:56 (Ref:407498)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Edited for racist remark.

Last edited by EERO; 18 Oct 2002 at 21:58.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 20:59 (Ref:407501)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So now I'm supposed to pay a huge air fare for a ticket to China, take ten days off work, spend six months getting a visa, buy overpriced hotel space and food and race ticket, to see Ferrari fix another race?

No thanks, I think I'll go to Mosport and watch sports cars.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 22:42 (Ref:407603)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
So now I'm supposed to pay a huge air fare for a ticket to China, take ten days off work, spend six months getting a visa, buy overpriced hotel space and food and race ticket, to see Ferrari fix another race?
No, you're supposed to go to the Canadian and US GPs. The Chinese, and other Asians (if they're allowed in the place) are supposed to go to the Chinese GP.

I'm not so sure China deserves to be rewarded with a GP, or the Olympics for that matter, when the Chinese government is still committing murders. I'm all for a WORLD championship, and removing 2nd races from countries, but I don't know if now is the right time to be exploring a race in China.

Not to mention Bahrain ...
Old 18 Oct 2002, 23:13 (Ref:407635)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least the Shanghai track looks half decent, not as bad as other shocking Tilke creations.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 23:29 (Ref:407651)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i hope its Imola that loses their GP to make way for this .
Old 18 Oct 2002, 23:38 (Ref:407658)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
I'm not so sure China deserves to be rewarded with a GP, or the Olympics for that matter, when the Chinese government is still committing murders.
I know this is not a political forum, and I don't want to start a big debate, but I don't think your being exactly fair. After all, Canada, the US, and Australia don't exactly have squeaky clean records when it comes to human rights - especially where Aboriginal people are concerned...
Old 18 Oct 2002, 23:40 (Ref:407659)   #14
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Not squeaky clean, certainly, but... Well, the forum elders have already reprimanded me...

Tienanmen. That's all I'll say on the subject.

Honestly, I don't see how you can discuss a Chinese GP _without_ getting into politics.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 18 Oct 2002 at 23:41.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 23:49 (Ref:407666)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
at least the food will be good there though.....nice fried king prawn ball !..yum
Old 19 Oct 2002, 00:52 (Ref:407707)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
S'pose they can now call it a WORLD Championship, considering China has something like a 1/4 of the worlds population. If they also travelled to India, then it would be half!
Old 19 Oct 2002, 03:28 (Ref:407745)   #17
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, that's what we get from buying all that plastic dollar store "made in China" **** and supporting the Chinese Communist Party. I just think it's kinda weird that this bajillion dollar circus goes to countries where so many people are so poor and do not have the history and or interest in motorracing.

Boy, that probably sounds racist, but I am pretty cynical about the whole money side of F1. I mean, talking of no Spa because the govt doesn't want tobacco ads, and then setting up shop in a country solely for its billion "customers". This issue touches heavily on the whole developed vs underdeveloped parts of the world, and is one hell of a discussion to begin.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 07:21 (Ref:407781)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by djb
but I am pretty cynical about the whole money side of F1.
i think you have a right to be , and i agree with you as well.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 11:18 (Ref:407861)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

Racist remark?
What did i say exactly, i can't remember?
Old 19 Oct 2002, 11:20 (Ref:407864)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

Something about Passports?
Old 19 Oct 2002, 11:34 (Ref:407872)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
China is good for F1, India would be too apart from the fact india seems to be permanently on the brink of nuclear war with pakistan - still might slow the red cars down! Imola, hokenhiem and the hungaroring should go. Monza should revert to a twin ring format.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 11:45 (Ref:407883)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
Not squeaky clean, certainly, but... Well, the forum elders have already reprimanded me...

Tienanmen. That's all I'll say on the subject.
CIA is all i have to say about that subject...
Old 19 Oct 2002, 13:52 (Ref:407940)   #23
Lee Janotta
Veteran

See... I'd be perfectly willing to denounce my own government's many crimes in a private message if you want me to... It just doesn't belong on the forum.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 15:47 (Ref:407994)   #24
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who designed Zhuhai? Villeneuve liked it, which probably explains its absence from F1.

But seriously, it missed the 1999 schedule because of "logistical problems" like bridges being too low for transporters, that sort of thing.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 19 Oct 2002, 15:49 (Ref:407996)   #25
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The worst thing that could have possibly happened for the sport. I've expalined why many times on this board. F1 RIP.