Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Dec 2020, 07:14 (Ref:4025578)   #676
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think this one shows me as being a Stupido Blockhead...... Not at all, on the contrary… You've not been mislead by the Cortina allusion. Please go on…
Ha, he was not a Borgward driver but……
Old 29 Dec 2020, 07:59 (Ref:4025582)   #677
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chris if you crack it using google, please send me a PM…
Old 29 Dec 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4025583)   #678
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taruffi rode bikes and drove one race for MB in1955.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4025587)   #679
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Its time for one of the last quizz, no picture as said by Paul…*
Those yankee drivers have several things in common, can you name at least one?
Carroll Shelby, AJ Foyt, Mark Martin, Eddie Cheever, Ray Harroun, Coo Coo Marlin and Paul Newman.

I can add a puzzle to this....
Which actual car did Carroll Shelby race in person, if only once, that the other 7 drivers never ever even came close to standing beside a car from that marque, let alone that very type
And yes, a picture of that very car must have been posted by Bauble at some point...

RudE
Old 29 Dec 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4025589)   #680
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Taruffi rode bikes and drove one race for MB in1955.
OOps, forgot that he drove at Monza as well as Aintree for MB.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 12:22 (Ref:4025605)   #681
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Which actual car did Carroll Shelby race in person, if only once, that the other 7 drivers never ever even came close to standing beside a car from that marque, let alone that very type
And yes, a picture of that very car must have been posted by Bauble at some point...

RudE
Something like "Old Yeller" I guess. I think Gurney was another name to drive that car. The car came to Australia for the Phillip Island Classic a couple (few?) years ago. I have photos on a hard drive somewhere.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 12:45 (Ref:4025610)   #682
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
RBS, yes was El Zorro Plateado, aka Pierino Taruffi! Have a look to the life he had!
I thought Zef could find the name because of catamaran and speed records on two wheelers he designed, developed and rode himself. Like the Gilera supercharged engines machine, not a Lambretta but…

It is said that Wimille wonderful driving inspired JM Fangio and that the Taruffi book "The Technique of Motor Racing" was his livre de chevet.
Why Borgward? Because his wife's first name was Isabella.

I was about to add that Schell brought him luck and Shell bad luck. Do you know why RB?
Old 29 Dec 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4025629)   #683
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
@ Rudolf: is it a Drogo bodied car? If yes an AC seen only once at LM.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4025650)   #684
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post

RudE
I would suggest that there were two possible answers RudE MG TC, and Cadillac-Allard.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 18:56 (Ref:4025683)   #685
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob, I think Paul's #4 rule applies here…
Old 29 Dec 2020, 19:08 (Ref:4025687)   #686
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I hope someone buys Gerard a camera for Christmas.;

What links these four cars, with Hawthorn, Marimon, Fangio, Gonzalez, Behra, Ascari, and Moss?
To be fair it is quite difficult (RB?).
OK, Stupido's All the drivers recorded the fastest lap during the British Grand Prix of 1954, and they drove for the various marques illustrated.

You may all move up a place in the Stupido club pecking order, as everybody should have know that.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4025693)   #687
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean "should have known" methink!
Old 30 Dec 2020, 21:24 (Ref:4025917)   #688
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You mean "should have known" methink!
He means "as any fule kno."

Gerard, Google "Nigel Molesworth."

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Dec 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4025921)   #689
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Done, thanks… ahem! If I had to step into something, I'd rather go for the Purple color. Am I right?
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:18 (Ref:4026001)   #690
bauble
Veteran

England
Who the heck is this old feller?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190803_145956.jpg   IMG_8066 (2).JPG   PJO_6498.JPG  

BRAWN___.JPG   Bob Bull, Photographer.JPG   PJO_7258.JPG  

Old 31 Dec 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4026016)   #691
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What links René Léonard, Woolf Barnato, Luis Fontés, Peter Walker and Tazio Nuvolari? Stupido Members gooo!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4026024)   #692
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
What links René Léonard, Woolf Barnato, Luis Fontés, Peter Walker and Tazio Nuvolari? Stupido Members gooo!
All winners, outright, at Le Mans.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:00 (Ref:4026031)   #693
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sorry to put this in, but is this an actual model of a race car or just a lookalike toy. Somebody gave it to a charity that I get involved with in Spain.
Click image for larger version

Name:	car mo.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	66008
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4026034)   #694
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Sorry to put this in, but is this an actual model of a race car or just a lookalike toy. Somebody gave it to a charity that I get involved with in Spain.
Attachment 66008
The rear wheel steering should make it easy to identify Gordon!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4026058)   #695
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The rear wheel steering should make it easy to identify Gordon!
??
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4026073)   #696
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
??
It could be the photo but the OSR wheel appears to have quite a bit of toe-out (my lame attempt at humour Gordon, I apologise).
Old 31 Dec 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4026083)   #697
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Not really a quiz question but it is a puzzle (no Baub, the puzzle isn't 'why are his pictures so rubbish?')
Does anyone remember this little oddity from the 1980's? I think it was a Clubmans car but apart from the obvious fact that it used Go-Kart front wheels I don't know anything else about it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	66009
Old 31 Dec 2020, 16:55 (Ref:4026095)   #698
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like it could be a 750 Formula, being so small.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2020, 17:57 (Ref:4026105)   #699
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes RB, first attempt and a win. Well done!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4026312)   #700
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
An easy one to start the new year. Looking for a driver.
No one is a prophet in his own land? I dont agree with this and I showed it. In this respect, I'm unique. I have a huge experience in hill climb, winning several championships. F1 to please Bob, I also drove a car powered by an engine EB loves. To please Gerry, I've been famous at Le Mans too, not only for an overall win…*My name is? Paul's rule #4 applies!