Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jan 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4027235)   #726
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was a Peking - Paris Car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	David Ayre Itala 40 .JPG
Views:	2
Size:	5.49 MB
ID:	66126

Baub has pm'd me with an almost correct answer!
Old 6 Jan 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4027254)   #727
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post

I want a jab or two of whatever he had.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4027274)   #728
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Remember the proverb, EB? Rien c'est rien. Avec deux fois rien, c'est dĂ©jĂ* mieux. Avec trois fois rien, tu deviens le roi du pĂ©trole!
Old 6 Jan 2021, 21:00 (Ref:4027288)   #729
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
This was a Peking - Paris Car.

Attachment 66126

It was the earth banks that caught me out with the date, they were not where I was, and I remember they were added later, all round Gamston.()
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4027357)   #730
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
It was the grass that caught me out, last time I saw it, it was uncut and really green, not marron. Not easy to spot on a B/W pic, messay…*
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4027361)   #731
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One hard to find. EB could help…

I'm not french but could be to someone eyes. I'm well helped by my baguette de pain, when hunting butchers.
I played football with Zinedine Zidane himself en personne and received the ball in mines! What a great moment I had…
Who am I (two possible answers) and what is exactly my car?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4027375)   #732
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
One hard to find. EB could help…

I'm not french but could be to someone eyes. I'm well helped by my baguette de pain, when hunting butchers.
I played football with Zinedine Zidane himself en personne and received the ball in mines! What a great moment I had…
Who am I (two possible answers) and what is exactly my car?
With Zidane winning the world cup in 1998 this has to be fairly modern, so did Fabien Barthez play with him before his Ferrari days or could it be Roman Grosjean who played with him in a strange Rugby/Football challenge?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4027378)   #733
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
RB, your knowledge is huge, I couldn't imagine you going on the Barthez track. The football challenge was a charity one, you're right. But how on earth can you guess that I take RG as a reference?
You must try harder. His favorite lunch is made of a sandwich baguette with Brie cheese, dont know wether its Brie de Beaux or Brie de Melun tho, accompanied by a café noisette.
Who am I, what is precisely my car? Two acceptable answers at each question.
No EB, I not drunk or weird. Wake up, Dave!
Old 7 Jan 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4027392)   #734
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I saw Barthez at Le Mans in 2014 (below)for the 1st time in a Ferrari 458 since then I have seen him in alexus & AMG Mercedes in Blancpain races and a Ligier P2 in ELMS & WEC.
Seen Grossjean in Haas & Lotus F1 cars, GP2 & a Ford GT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fabien Barthez Ferrari 458 (2).JPG
Views:	3
Size:	774.7 KB
ID:	66129
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:12 (Ref:4027473)   #735
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice pic, thanks. Did you really see RG when on the track or more likely out of the track?
Back the question. Who am I? Why EB could help? If you fin the car or the cars, this will point you towards the right direction. Or not…
Old 7 Jan 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4027492)   #736
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>>With Zidane winning the world cup in 1998 this has to be fairly modern,

Nearly a quarter of a century ago, it's only oldies like us who find it modern!
Old 7 Jan 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4027497)   #737
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, the car is historic, the guy is intemporel. The car is intemporelle too.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4027523)   #738
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another clue? OK, lets go. The type of car is often used in US movies, when producers dont want to show a Lada. The rear seats are so comfy, at least for a couple, that it was called, sometimes, la reine des parkings…*
Old 8 Jan 2021, 00:14 (Ref:4027552)   #739
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If I tell you you're looking for a baker hunting butchers?
Old 8 Jan 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4027687)   #740
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bon, devant le manque d'intĂ©rĂŞt gĂ©nĂ©ral, je m'y colle. Tout seul. The car could be either a CitroĂ«n DS 21 Pallas '71 US specs, or a DS 20 Pallas '72 full hydro. So the man is…
Old 8 Jan 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4027718)   #741
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche! What Porsche? (answers by PM only. Please)
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0650.JPG   _MG_0748.JPG   IMG_8067.JPG  

Old 9 Jan 2021, 05:37 (Ref:4027782)   #742
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Porsche! What Porsche? (answers by PM only. Please)
Oh that will be easy....right.....erm....

(rushes off to google find a decent answer!)
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Jan 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4027792)   #743
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
no worry, Will, you know Bob do you? The answer is easy but the question is really not!
Old 9 Jan 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4027796)   #744
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
no worry, Will, you know Bob do you? The answer is easy but the question is really not!
It only appears hard initially!
Old 9 Jan 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4027801)   #745
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha.... you met my ex girlfriend I see…
Old 9 Jan 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4027810)   #746
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Bon, devant le manque d'intérêt général, je m'y colle. Tout seul. The car could be either a Citroën DS 21 Pallas '71 US specs, or a DS 20 Pallas '72 full hydro. So the man is…
Can only name 2 citroen drivers and they were both from the 60's.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 11:35 (Ref:4027824)   #747
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The baker in question is Simon Baker, artist, seen in the TV series Mentalist. Australian… hunting butchers… OK may be a little bit weird this time!
Old 9 Jan 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4027864)   #748
bauble
Veteran

England
Maybe, RB you had better identify the cars for members of the club, it might elicit a few answers.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4027875)   #749
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Is it ERA, AC Bristol and RR? A good question, for sure, but…
Old 9 Jan 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4027880)   #750
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I may have it....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60