Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Feb 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4032960)   #851
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And another one;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3315.JPG  
Old 2 Feb 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4032978)   #852
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you in Redcar?

Last edited by Tim Barry; 2 Feb 2021 at 11:53. Reason: Children got to keyboard!
Old 2 Feb 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4033008)   #853
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barry View Post
Are you in Redcar?
How on Earth did you work that out, Tim, I thought it was REALLY difficult.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4033053)   #854
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It’s good to see the complexity of the question is now down at my level....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Feb 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4033055)   #855
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Still way above my head Will...
Old 2 Feb 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4033075)   #856
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really thought that was so easy I nearly didn't post!!
Old 2 Feb 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4033079)   #857
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Bauble, you obviously need to update your profile as you must have moved!
Old 2 Feb 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4033080)   #858
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
You still did not answer, though1

Why do Firemen wear red braces?
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4033092)   #859
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yellow ones being washed?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4033096)   #860
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Because Noddy wouldn't pay the ransom!

Oh. Sorry. Wrong joke

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Feb 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4033099)   #861
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yellow ones being washed?
Will, with an answer like that you should retire from the human race, or any other race for that matter.

To hold their trousers up of course.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4033292)   #862
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least he tried, let’s give him another chance in this human race. But that’s a nice fact about firemen’s braces, it’s why most people wear braces
Old 4 Feb 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4033436)   #863
bauble
Veteran

England
Something simple for you to exercise your grey matter on;
Can you put these cars in their proper sequence?

Answers by PM only please, why spoil everyone else's fun?
Attached Thumbnails
Q2.jpg   Q8.JPG   Q7.JPG  

Q5.jpg   Q6.JPG   img20210204_12025450 (2).png  

Old 5 Feb 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4033551)   #864
bauble
Veteran

England
Yeah! I know it looks hard, however, all you need to do is to number the pictures 1 to 6. The pictures are not connected, so do not look for relationships or similarities, each car has something simple that is different from the others.

Several are obvious, a couple a bit hard, but once you have grasped the idea, some guess work might be needed.

Come on chaps, I'm counting on you. (Clue)
Old 5 Feb 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4033568)   #865
bauble
Veteran

England
Naturally RBS has got the numbers right, although with different reasons for the numbers on two of the cars. My reasons are a lot simpler than his.

Don't be too clever, all the cars have an engine and four wheels after all.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4033573)   #866
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Naturally RBS has got the numbers right, although with different reasons for the numbers on two of the cars. My reasons are a lot simpler than his.

Don't be too clever, all the cars have an engine and four wheels after all.
Should say, all the cars have engines and 4 wheels.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4033583)   #867
bauble
Veteran

England
Ah! Ha! I spy a little hint in there RB. Engines, indeed.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4033658)   #868
bauble
Veteran

England
377 views and only one reply!!!! A clue. Take a close look at the last picture, the green car, which is an Alta not that a name matters. Anything slightly odd about it?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 22:16 (Ref:4033662)   #869
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble if it's anything to do with the position and numbering of the photos, can I just say that on my phone via Tapatalk this is the second picture? Not the sixth.

Old 5 Feb 2021, 22:43 (Ref:4033664)   #870
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Bauble if it's anything to do with the position and numbering of the photos, can I just say that on my phone via Tapatalk this is the second picture? Not the sixth.

Max each car has a distinctive, but not necessarily unique, feature that can be counted or numbered. Follow my advice re the green car. What feature does it have that the others do not?

The big red car is a very unique Alfa Romeo.that differs from all of the rest and is most unusual.

Any help?

Relative Tortoise has submitted a partial answer that is completely wrong, but he had some innovative ideas.

Last edited by bauble; 5 Feb 2021 at 22:45. Reason: Addition
Old 6 Feb 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4033712)   #871
bauble
Veteran

England
Puzzlers, I owe you an apology, I have tended to assume that if I know a car, everyone else will, but I am (probably) a lot older than most here, so a little help;

Pic 1 is a Bugatti, a rare model, and is the hardest one to number.

Pic 2 is a racing car, and that is all you need to know.

Pic 3 is a typical Formula 3 car of the 1950's and uses a 500cc motor cycle
engine, You need no other information from me.

Pic 4 is a Ferguson built as a test bed for a, let's say,'unique' transmission
system.

Pic 5 is a Mercedes, that is all the information you need.

Pic 6 is a 'unique' Alfa Romeo, known as the Bimotore (that's yer actual
Italian). That should help solve the problem.

Now all that is needed is a little ingenuity on your part.

First correct answer wins a 'Get out of Stupido Club Free' card.
Best of luck.

Baub,
Old 6 Feb 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4033752)   #872
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'll try again

As everyone seems to be struggling with Baubs cryptic numerical challenge I thought I'd pose a question of my own.
So, who is this young F1 driver nearly completely obscured by his wife waving to me, where are they (and at what event), and what is the significance of him racing at this event?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Who What Where & When.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	5.63 MB
ID:	66974
There are plenty of clues to the location, which should then help you work out the rest of the answers, but remember folks, this is all just for fun!
(Now I have this in the right thread!)
Old 6 Feb 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4033758)   #873
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As everyone seems to be struggling with Baubs cryptic numerical challenge I thought I'd pose a question of my own.
So, who is this young F1 driver nearly completely obscured by his wife waving to me, where are they (and at what event), and what is the significance of him racing at this event?
Attachment 66974
There are plenty of clues to the location, which should then help you work out the rest of the answers, but remember folks, this is all just for fun!
That is the most H & S exempt ride I have ever seen......
Old 6 Feb 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4033765)   #874
bauble
Veteran

England
Why drag it out?
1 Pic 3 I cylinder

2 Pic 6 2 engines

3 Pic 5 3 pointed star

4 Pic 4 4 wheel drive

5 Pic 1 5,0 litres

6 Pic 2 6 wheels.

Sorry
Old 7 Feb 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4033873)   #875
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Attachment 66974
Viva brought up the subject of Donington Park so, wheh the circuit reopened who organised the 1st meetig, who won the first race and who set the fastest lap of the day?