Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4037835)   #1026
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good story, bag of oranges and lemons right but I remember it was not the mudguard causing troubles but the loss of the bolt securing the steering wheel. This, you got it right. The lemon thing gives you a clue.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4037873)   #1027
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Good story, bag of oranges and lemons right but I remember it was not the mudguard causing troubles but the loss of the bolt securing the steering wheel. This, you got it right. The lemon thing gives you a clue.
Its always the nut holding the steering wheel that causes problems.....
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4037876)   #1028
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Exactly the reason why I said bolt instead of nut, my Friend! I knew I can count on you, man…
So where are we, now?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:37 (Ref:4037878)   #1029
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nor rallye, neither F1 of any kind or era. You know me…
Old 2 Mar 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4037885)   #1030
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont usually understand the question, never mind know the answer...........but
I recon this one has a bit of sand in it?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4037888)   #1031
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done! At least a very good move forward.
A subtle way to introduce an important clue. Too subtle for others?

Last edited by Gerard C; 2 Mar 2021 at 12:10. Reason: I say SUBTLE !!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 12:22 (Ref:4037896)   #1032
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ok so we know it's something to do with sand. Beach racing? Complete guess
Old 2 Mar 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4037899)   #1033
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
While you're here, a question just for you, talking about beach: when Henry Ford wanted to unravel the secret of the steel used during the fabrication process of the french chassis, how did he manage? Plus name of the said beach, of the car, of the steel and what it a sunny day or not? I give you six month, see U!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4037995)   #1034
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Back to serious gamers. Assuming I suspect LTC has the answer, what about you, others? Still interested in the question or TwinCam reveals what he found? Last call, Bob, EB (sleeping beauty), RB…

Would it be OK for you TwinCam to go further? Please do.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4037999)   #1035
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
lotustwincam answer is… tadaaaaa:
Old 2 Mar 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4038035)   #1036
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't understand the question. I don't understand the clues. I don't understand the half answers. I suspect I'm not going to understand the full answer.

Am I too stupid even for the Stupido Club?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Mar 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4038038)   #1037
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1929 Le Mans 24 hours, The Du Pont of Charles Moran and Alfredo Miranda retired with bent prop shaft caused by the sand bag ballast becoming loose and damaging it.

I did not know this "well known story" but google did!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4038039)   #1038
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Easy, yes?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4038040)   #1039
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't understand the question. I don't understand the clues. I don't understand the half answers. I suspect I'm not going to understand the full answer.
Would it be a Traction! Be romantic, it helps… sometimes!
http://www.les24heures.fr/1929-histo...ctime-du-sable
Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4038095)   #1040
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Be romantic, it helps… sometimes!
Sorry, I said I wouldn't understand. I was right.

Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:43 (Ref:4038101)   #1041
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Sorry, I said I wouldn't understand. I was right.

Come on MM, the story was even front page in the Luton News, everybody knows that story. Why they even teach children about it in history lessons., don't try and tell us you really did not know the answer.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4038106)   #1042
midgetman
Veteran

Yeah but I've never lived in Luton. It didn't make the Wiltshire Gazette and Herald!

And what's that comment about "romantic"? That's totally scuppered me.

Old 2 Mar 2021, 23:39 (Ref:4038118)   #1043
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did someone mention Halle Berry?
Old 3 Mar 2021, 04:19 (Ref:4038131)   #1044
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I always thought a bag of sand was an amount of money.... (in rhyming slang anyway, a bag of sand = 'a grand').
Or were Bentley just sandbagging?
Max, can I borrow your (triangular) hat so I can go and sit in the corner?
Oh wait, I have one already... Stupido written on it.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4038132)   #1045
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yeah, yeah, yeah… Is it a contest of big mouth small brain now? It is a fooking good question. Point. Barre. And you had enough clues to find the answer. As LTC did. LOSERS !
Old 3 Mar 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4038145)   #1046
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Same place, same year, same event.
You'll find that four cars were powered by a SCAP supercharged two-stroke engine, Cozette compressor. Those cars were entered under the same banner but one was different. Guess the questions and give the answers, you smart panties!
Old 3 Mar 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4038147)   #1047
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I always thought the Tracta Special was a 2 stroke and the the Tracta Type A was a normal 4 stroke. Only 2 A's finished and the 2 stroke did 43 laps.

Last edited by rbs; 3 Mar 2021 at 08:26.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4038151)   #1048
midgetman
Veteran

Did one of them use an experimental CV joint, prior to them all carrying them the following year?

Or is it simply that the fourth one was a streamliner?

Whatever, they certainly sound like they are on a par with the Mazda 787. Noisy and smoky things!

Last edited by midgetman; 3 Mar 2021 at 08:31.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4038156)   #1049
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good points, thanks. I see what you're referring to Max, but its not the "Joint Tracta" also known as CV joint.
The four Tractas have been entered by Pierre Fenaille as "concurrent". They were supposed to be the same model as requested by ACO. In fact, one was different, and did 70 laps. The team received several warnings by the CoC for the smoky and too noisy engine! A long while before The Sigma/ Mazda.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4038158)   #1050
midgetman
Veteran

Try this: the fourth was a streamliner body. It was a Cozette not a SCAP engine. Odd layout, no crankcase or cylinder head with opposed pistons powered by the supercharger pressure.