Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4091914)   #2026
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the younger members, the red sports race is an Elva, but it could equally have been a FORD, AUDI, SEAT, OR FIAT, it would still give the same CLUE.

All-for-one, as they say.
Old 31 Dec 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4091978)   #2027
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
For the younger members, the red sports race is an Elva, but it could equally have been a FORD, AUDI, SEAT, OR FIAT, it would still give the same CLUE.

All-for-one, as they say.
It’s not the red one(s) I am struggling with!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 31 Dec 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4091997)   #2028
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To sign off n 2021 Picture Parade, the marques represented are

MG
BMW
Elva
Riley
Morgan
Reliant

trouble is, I can't re,member what the answer is, I was hoping 356 knew what is was.

Old age is taking it's toll nurse!

The doctor rang me today, said he had some good news and some bad news. I asked him what was the good news, he said; You've got three days to live. I was shocked and asked what could be worse than that. He said I should have rang you yesterday.

See ya!
Old 1 Jan 2022, 00:07 (Ref:4092006)   #2029
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble, that's a great way to start 2022. Tears of laughter.

Not your joke, but you not being able to solve your own quiz!!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2022, 07:54 (Ref:4092043)   #2030
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
you not being able to solve your own quiz!!
That one takes the cake!
Old 1 Jan 2022, 21:01 (Ref:4092124)   #2031
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
On the basis that you've got names of 2 - 7 letters long, I reckon the answer should be Borgward.....and I'm sure you must have pictured one somewhere
Old 2 Jan 2022, 01:04 (Ref:4092148)   #2032
bauble
Veteran

England
Let's get 2022 off to a flying start;
You are required to find
1 A hedgehog
2 A joke
3 A hut
4 A tin
5 An Airline.

Answers by PM (today)
Attached Thumbnails
1 Puz (1).JPG   1 Puz (2).JPG   1 Puz (3).JPG  

1 Puz (4).JPG   1 Puz (5).JPG   1 Puz (6).JPG  

Old 5 Jan 2022, 06:46 (Ref:4092533)   #2033
bauble
Veteran

England
With regard to the puzzle above, I offer some assistance, as I have recieived 'nul' replies.

The task is to fined 17 letters of the alphabet, and arrange them in order to spell the answers to the question. The hard part is finding the letters in the first place. Yeah Right!

The New Year is not starting off to well.
Old 5 Jan 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4092539)   #2034
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I'd say NY is starting the same way last one ended…

Airline? Derek Daly (since Monaco '80).
Old 5 Jan 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4092541)   #2035
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Well, after a little inspiration (OK, a blatant clue) I have submitted my answers to the examining body and await their reply.
It may not be the right answer, but it is an answer.
(The answer to question 1 was almost a saga...)
Old 5 Jan 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4092546)   #2036
bauble
Veteran

England
A somewhat less than perfect answer from our resident Twerp, managed to get four correct, and a idiotic blunder on the fifth.

So I won't embarrass the poor chap by naming him/
Old 5 Jan 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4092549)   #2037
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A somewhat less than perfect answer from our resident Twerp, managed to get four correct, and a idiotic blunder on the fifth.

So I won't embarrass the poor chap by naming him/
Thanks Baub for not giving away my identity...
(Don't tell him your name Pike!)
Old 5 Jan 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4092616)   #2038
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With regard to the puzzle above, I offer some assistance, as I have recieived 'nul' replies.

The task is to fined 17 letters of the alphabet, and arrange them in order to spell the answers to the question. The hard part is finding the letters in the first place. Yeah Right!

The New Year is not starting off to well.
Ah now you say that….easy!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Jan 2022, 23:24 (Ref:4092621)   #2039
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Ah now you say that….easy!!
Correct answers from Viv, LTC and (yes I know - un-believable) 356.

Impeccable spelling, and a good grasp of English. A credit to Tenths Historic forum.

Well done lads.
Old 6 Jan 2022, 01:06 (Ref:4092631)   #2040
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Correct answers from Viv, LTC and (yes I know - un-believable) 356.

Impeccable spelling, and a good grasp of English. A credit to Tenths Historic forum.

Well done lads.
I found my excuse already..... it seems I need a good grasp of English to complete the puzzle.

I live in Australia. A good grasp of English let alone spelling is a rarity darn ear in the sudden hemysfear
Old 6 Jan 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4092655)   #2041
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be fair EB it's quite unusual in England too.

Old 6 Jan 2022, 08:13 (Ref:4092657)   #2042
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Old 6 Jan 2022, 11:08 (Ref:4092671)   #2043
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

speec fore yoreself mijet.
Old 7 Jan 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4092827)   #2044
bauble
Veteran

England
Attachment 73181Six very different cars from different era's but they all have something in common, but what?
Attached Thumbnails
1 Puz (1).JPG   1 Puz (4).JPG   1 Puz (2).JPG  

1 Puz (5).JPG   IMG_2123.JPG   073.JPG  

Old 7 Jan 2022, 22:09 (Ref:4092834)   #2045
midgetman
Veteran

PM sent

PS can you publish the answer to the New Year quiz? Ta.

Old 7 Jan 2022, 23:06 (Ref:4092838)   #2046
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 73181Six very different cars from different era's but they all have something in common, but what?
Is it that they are all racing at Silverstone, or is the odd one out the Darrian as it's the only one negotiating a left hand bend?

(I think that's the same number of words as the real answer as well!)
Old 7 Jan 2022, 23:41 (Ref:4092840)   #2047
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Is it that they are all racing at Silverstone, or is the odd one out the Darrian as it's the only one negotiating a left hand bend?

(I think that's the same number of words as the real answer as well!)
I see what you did there....
Old 8 Jan 2022, 00:39 (Ref:4092845)   #2048
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
PM sent

PS can you publish the answer to the New Year quiz? Ta.

Each car depicted carries two or three letter logos as part of their sponsorship brand. If you write all of the letters down, there just enough to provide the answers'

Hegehog = Sonic
Joke = Gag
Hut = Shed
Tin =Can
Airline = BA.

Better luck next time.
Old 8 Jan 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4092870)   #2049
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Each car depicted carries two or three letter logos as part of their sponsorship brand. If you write all of the letters down, there just enough to provide the answers'

Hegehog = Sonic
Joke = Gag
Hut = Shed
Tin =Can
Airline = BA.

Better luck next time.
I did not get any of that. I thought the airline was SAS!
Old 8 Jan 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4092873)   #2050
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
PM Sent too...