Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 4 Apr 2004, 09:36 (Ref:929305)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great article - "Long Live IndyCar"

Just found this at Racing News Online. An opinion it may be, but it's one I certianly agree with

...Jack Roush once said he preferred the Brickyard 400 to the Indianapolis 500, because 'real race cars have fenders.' No they don't, sir. Real race cars are the pure breeds - the thoroughbreds. In a situation where the engine size is reduced by a half-liter, they're the machines that will eventually return to the speeds they were once at, instead of holding at a steady 190 mph, restricted. Real race cars are those constantly refined, day by day, to be the absolute best at constant speed...

Full story.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:18 (Ref:930133)   #2
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eh, bizarre :confused: Seemed like more of a teenage basher of NASCAR than a supporter of Indy Car. I mean, really - how many people watch Indy Car for it's technical revolutions? And he ends with "I suppose NASCAR might still have one or two of these things, when I think it over."