Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Notices

Old 9 Nov 2020, 15:31 (Ref:4015671)   #286
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty standard to place cameras at the end of straights so it can see the whole thing, though?
Old 9 Nov 2020, 19:24 (Ref:4015715)   #287
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the whole race on catch up today and thoroughly enjoyed it, loved the in car camera work and overall I thought the commentary and coverage was pretty good. Great result for Rob Collard and co. and JB made a good fist of it considering the relatively late call using effectively a McLaren test car.
Old 9 Nov 2020, 19:42 (Ref:4015717)   #288
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Pretty standard to place cameras at the end of straights so it can see the whole thing, though?
Absolutely, there's no other place to have them at Silverstone, just saying that it doesn't help make it look interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Nov 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4015728)   #289
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think they capture enough of the spectacle of Silverstone. Itís hard when the cameras are so far away from the track, but the camera angles are fine to me
Old 10 Nov 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4015877)   #290
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I like Osbourne, he's not afraid to call a spade a spade. And let's be honest, the newer section of Silverstone is rubbish. Might as well call Club "Rubbish 3" while we're at it.
Not really

While not at it's peak of the 80s layout, the new for 2010 design did a lot to correct the rot that set in through various layout changes to the grand prix layout in the 90s

Bridge was a fairly nothing corner in its day and did nothing to promote overtaking, wheras the "rubbish 1, 2 and 3" have all seen overtakes happen through various races, including side by side finishes in the ginettas previous to the British GT, something that Mr Osborne singlularly failed to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with his blinkered "everything new is rubbish" view of the world

Plus they keep cars nice and close for a slipstream down the wellington straight too, all in all a great addition and a bit more high speed stuff too than the twisty, boring, laboured abbey chicane into bridge and luffield complext that was a waste of time when it came to trying to get cars to overtake each other.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 17:59 (Ref:4015878)   #291
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Bridge was a fairly nothing corner in its day
lol.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 18:22 (Ref:4015880)   #292
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
lol.
I guess I'm thinking from an F1 perspective, but it was easily flat by the time they stopped using it, and wasn't an overtaking spot no matter what Damon Hill thought.

We haven't lost anything by not using it tbh, and we bypass a clumsy, needless chicane before it too.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4015888)   #293
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Standing at Bridge watching anything go through flat (as I often did in the past) was always a highlight of a visit to the GP circuit for me. In fact, even now, when I go (normally only for WEC these days) at some time while I'm there I always walk round the corner on the way to watch from Luffield.

That chicane was a bit of a pain though....
Old 10 Nov 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4015890)   #294
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
We can invalidate most of Spa if we use criteria such as "flat in an F1 car" and "not an overtaking spot" to decide what's a bad corner.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 20:24 (Ref:4015897)   #295
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect the reason he calls it Rubbish is as a driver, because those corners really not as fun to drive

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Nov 2020, 12:51 (Ref:4016498)   #296
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a bit disappointed with the race last weekend. I really wanted to see at least 30 minutes of clear green flag racing at the start and a safety later on and not at the beginning. If we had I'm sure Baldwin would have been hassling collard and could have made things a bit more tense.

I'm also really disappointed by this new rule of no silver silver driver pairings. It's been so successful this year so why change? It now means that someone like Rob Collard won't be able to defend his overall title unless he gets downgraded to an AM driver but can't see that happening.