Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Notices

Old 31 Oct 2020, 13:45 (Ref:4014062)   #16
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
GT Masters is a fantastic series. If I had to pick a series to survive out of DTM and GT Masters, it'd be GT Masters every single time.
I'd put VLN ahead of DTM as well. I don't think the world needs another GT3 series.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4014066)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
100% agree with that.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4014071)   #18
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
GT Masters is a fantastic series. If I had to pick a series to survive out of DTM and GT Masters, it'd be GT Masters every single time.

True. The DTM sucks, really hard. Arrogant f***** on the charge in this Series. Nobody need this, they Destroy their good name from the 80s and 90s.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:01 (Ref:4014072)   #19
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn't GT2 have been decent for DTM? Cars aren't that expensive, look more fun to drive? Wouldn't that have made sense?
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:39 (Ref:4014074)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!
Porsche will not modify 911 GT3 for DTM's new rules

https://www.autosport.com/dtm/news/1...-dtm-new-rules
Old 2 Nov 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4014605)   #21
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica unlikely to stay for DTM's move to GT3 cars

https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/...aign=widget-22

Interesting point of view. Wouldn't mind seeing him in LMP2, but doing the NLS would be good for the series exposure which is good too.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 20:51 (Ref:4014619)   #22
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's face it, Kubica was lured to DTM only because it 'resembles' F1. He can't and will not get over the fact a longer F1 career was not meant for him (not surprising at all) and he just seeks similar experiences. It's a shame he can't settle for one championship (DTM would be great for that) to make a second, hopefully successful career-after-career. Something Nannini did for example. Trying everything for a year or two is not a particularly great idea, however, of course it's for him and only him to decide
Old 6 Nov 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4015149)   #23
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 – 28.–30. Mai – Igora Drive, St. Petersburg (RUS)
2 – 11.–13. oder 18.–20. Juni- Monza (ITA)
3 – 02.–04. Juli – Norisring (GER)
4 – 23.–25. Juli – DEKRA Lausitzring Grand Prix (GER)
5 – 06.–08. August – Zolder (BEL)
6 – 20.–22. August – Nürburgring (GER)
7 – 03.–05. September – Red Bull Ring (AUT)
8 – 17.–19. September – Assen (NED)
9 – 01.–03. Oktober – Hockenheim (GER)
http://gt-place.com/2020/11/06/mehr-...fuenf-saeulen/
Old 6 Nov 2020, 13:14 (Ref:4015171)   #24
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unmodified, standard spec GT3s.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4015248)   #25
WyldStallion
Racer

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Unmodified, standard spec GT3s.
how original...(*sarc). ADAC GT Masters will no doubt be the biggest victim of this. Not my favorite GT series anyway though so lets see how this goes. And maybe they will come up with something enhanced in 2022.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 22:30 (Ref:4015263)   #26
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
how original...(*sarc). ADAC GT Masters will no doubt be the biggest victim of this. Not my favorite GT series anyway though so lets see how this goes. And maybe they will come up with something enhanced in 2022.
Honestly don't know because ADAC GT is still mainly a pro-am series, while this DTM should be more pro focused, even if I think it's unlikely manufacturers will put a lof of effort on it... at the same time it's extremely unlikely as well private teams would grid a pro line-up without manufacturers support.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 22:46 (Ref:4015269)   #27
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
...while this DTM should be more pro focused, even if I think it's unlikely manufacturers will put a lof of effort on it... at the same time it's extremely unlikely as well private teams would grid a pro line-up without manufacturers support.
So the big question remains: who is going to pay for all this?

The manufacturers? Unlikely, I'd think?
The pro driver? No way!
The Am driver? Oops no, he isn't there...
The teams?
Old 6 Nov 2020, 23:20 (Ref:4015273)   #28
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
So the big question remains: who is going to pay for all this?

The manufacturers? Unlikely, I'd think?
The pro driver? No way!
The Am driver? Oops no, he isn't there...
The teams?

Ask Berger about that
all this mess reminds me a bit the world fia gt1 2010 and 2011
Old 7 Nov 2020, 09:18 (Ref:4015334)   #29
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a farce. I maintain with the way things are going their best best would be told create something of a stop-gap ready for that HYDRAZE League that came out of the German motorsports world, but then they announce DTM Electric so I have no idea what their intentions are anymore. I suppose the idea is to entice manufacturers back in with electric cars etc, but are the German giants going to invest in DTM Electric if they already have solid Formula E teams?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 18:56 (Ref:4015382)   #30
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whole thing seems pointless imo. We have loads of GT3 series offering pretty much the same (minus single driver races). Why do we need yet another that is competing against the others for entries?