Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3898985)   #51
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ferrari have lost their way since they went back to being 'Italian'
Why not write them a letter pointing out the error of their ways, i'm sure they will be most grateful.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3899005)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

It still amazes me that we're running races faster on 50% the fuel of a few years ago and nobody is making a really big tub-thumping thing of it. That said, given the BBC Attenborough doco this evening, I'm amazed I'm still allowed to post here...
It's such a shame that Liberty concentrate their marketing on the personalities not the cars. Despite gripes about noise and aero these are awesome machines.

And their reliability is metronomic, so much so that a breakdown is big news. In the "good old days" a back of the grid team could rely on the front runners failing and letting them pick up points. These days there's little chance of Mercedes slipping up, although it looks like we can rely on Ferrari to drop the ball every now and again.

Superb cars.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3899008)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe Mercedes should sell their entire F1 operation to Ferrari?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3899009)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it does make you wonder if Ferrari have the same dedicated workforce back at Maranello that Merc do at Brackley
Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3899011)   #55
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well it does make you wonder if Ferrari have the same dedicated workforce back at Maranello that Merc do at Brackley
No, I'm sure they'll be different people
Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3899012)   #56
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Jumping in on the nationalistic pejorative comments (tongue in cheek here)

I am confused? Clearly those Italians are just lazy, but is Williams maybe too British or maybe not British enough? And how am I to categorize the Brackley workforce. Why are they successful and Williams not? Aren't they all the same? It's just all to much to understand and to neatly slot into hard categories based upon stereotypes. And don't get me started on those Honda folks!

Oh... what was I typing? I lost track of my thoughts. One of the problem with being an American you know.

Richard
Old 22 Apr 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3899013)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
No, I'm sure they'll be different people
That bloke with the dodgy copy shop all those years ago might have cloned the same people..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Apr 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3899015)   #58
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That bloke with the dodgy copy shop all those years ago might have cloned the same people..

It's amazing what you can do with a 3D printer nowadays!
Old 22 Apr 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3899018)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Old 26 Apr 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3899710)   #60
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I always reckoned they had chaos embedded in their DNA.
Old 26 Apr 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3899800)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it went when they had Todt in control and then added Schumi, Brawn and Byrne too. It made it more organised. Now since they have gone, it's gone back to how it was before
Old 27 Apr 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3900058)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well they just locked out the top slots again
Old 27 Apr 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3900071)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. Another woeful performance......
Old 27 Apr 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3900078)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One day maybe they’ll manage dominance like they had in the ‘50s. Certainly woeful compared to that.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3900162)   #65
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
One day maybe they’ll manage dominance like they had in the ‘50s. Certainly woeful compared to that.
I think the Merc dominance of the 50's speaks volumes more about their competitors ineptitude at that time rather than being "woeful" in the last 5 years.

Ferrari's current situation is a strange one. In testing they have looked like they were going to dominate but for various reasons including poor decision making by the team, they have not been able to capitalise.
Meanwhile Mercedes have made the best strategy decision making as a team, and coupled with a large amount of luck, have made the best start to the season in years.

I think we have all been surprised by it. Will Ferrari get their act together and finally claim the status as being the dominant team this season? Im not so sure now.. Ferrari have a lower drag, higher top speed, lower downforce car acheived by going down the inwash route that seems to have limited their downforce envelope... while Merc have the opposite which seems to be more versatile and perhaps forgiving over a wider range of circuits, fuel load, tyre wear and race conditions.

Ferrari will no doubt also have a fair amount of 1-2 finishes this season when everything lines up for them but I think by having to play catch up, coupled with my above assesment, its going to be Mercs once again.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3900169)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I wish I could do sarcasm as dry as this.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3900185)   #67
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I wish I could do sarcasm as dry as this.

Doh.. despite thinking the OP was a tad deluded or a bit high and me trying not to be rude, I obviously thought he was serious!
Old 28 Apr 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3900190)   #68
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico View Post
Doh.. despite thinking the OP was a tad deluded or a bit high and me trying not to be rude, I obviously thought he was serious!
Adam is capable of sarcasm that's dryer than the Sahara.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3900260)   #69
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we have this thread closed now?
Old 28 Apr 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3900295)   #70
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
Jury is still out. Four 1-2s in a row might just be luck. We need to wait a few more races before we can be sure. Merc failed to get fastest lap today, suggesting a chink in their armour large enough for Leclerc to drive a Ferrari through.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3900302)   #71
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm a little cautious and would wait until Mercedes have secured both the WDC and WCC. We wouldn't want to tempt fate.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3900311)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No, not while they're performing so badly...... I mean, one of the Mercs only came second. Heads will roll.....
Old 28 Apr 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3900331)   #73
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Old 28 Apr 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3900355)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

Well to be fair they got a bit lucky in Bahrain, but the signs aren't looking good for the rest atm.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 22:57 (Ref:3900369)   #75
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well to be fair they got a bit lucky in Bahrain, but the signs aren't looking good for the rest atm.
Depending on the effectivness of the RB upgrade in Barcelona I wouldn't be surprised they will overall become the strongest car.