Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2001, 04:06 (Ref:67703)   #1
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOOOOO and indeed HOOOOO ... that second race was EXCELLENT! FORD 1, 2, 3, 4 ... that's what I like to see! That's the way it should be, without doubt! The mighty blue oval reigned supreme today! the only thing I want to know is ... what was up with JB taking out Seton? hmmmmm ...
Old 3 Mar 2001, 06:22 (Ref:67728)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I'm a bit of a Seton fan, but he had his nose down the inside where it was never going to come off. Bowe just held his ground on the racing line. But it is never good to see Fords take out Fords.

It was OK for Bargs to take out Bright though!

A great result for the blue crowd.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 11:20 (Ref:68424)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seton stuck his nose where it didn't belong after Bowe had to go to auxiliary fuel pumps earlier (when he dropped from 2nd). So close to a Ford 1-2-3-4-5.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 23:13 (Ref:68655)   #4
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, OK ... I will admit it, I am a HUGE Seton fan ... and more often than not, it doesn't matter what he does, I of course think it's not his fault!! but in reality, I know he makes mistakes just like everybody else ... Elephino, you're right ... it was a mistake that cost Ford places 1-5 ... but we still had GREAT results, so I'm not too unhappy!!
Old 6 Mar 2001, 06:24 (Ref:68760)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll tell you what that last corner incident reminded me of...

Bathurst 1995

I've never been that keen on Seton after that race, even if JB was having a slide before he got nudged..but that's history now.

Another ford Vs ford thing...I almost wish Clowndes had got up over Radisich in that last race, simply to spite the Holden fans around here.... (I know Marcus, you like Lowndes too...)
Old 6 Mar 2001, 08:10 (Ref:68795)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash,

I have been a Seton fan because he has been the leading Ford light since the V8 formula was introduced in the early nineties. Dick's light seemed to fade. "The Great Man" had pulled the pin. Glen always seemed to race hard but fair, with one or two notable exceptions.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 08:46 (Ref:68799)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig

What about our new man Craig, good stuff and just what this series needed. As for Seton, I like him but wonder about his ability.People have been raving about him for years and although he has had alot of badluck, You think he might have kicked a few more goals by now.Look at the Rat and Loundes, I reckon they have that extra "something" that maybe the baby faced assasin is lacking. This could be the best season in years. Also, with Richards as partner, young Glen might need to extract the middle on sooner rather than later!
Old 6 Mar 2001, 08:59 (Ref:68802)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Yes Allan,

They seem to have about 30 to 40 more HP at the rear wheels.

This is the guy that was 1997 Touring Car Champion.

Best Ford finisher last year, now there is a question - when was Glen not the best Ford finisher in the TCC?
Old 6 Mar 2001, 10:05 (Ref:68813)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seton has been the best Ford finisher for a long time, but he is consistant without being outstanding. When was the last time that seton actully one a race? There have been a few fords win races but they are not consistant over the whole series.
I think this year will be a lot different though. Seton will have Richards giving the hurry up (and the go by in a lot of races), Radasich will be up there and on his AGP performance Lowndes as well. I also think jnr Johnson will be up towards the pointy end as he has a bit of a point to prove. Throw in the likes of ellery, bowe, larkham and the two stone brothers cars and it is looking like a great year for ford

Old 6 Mar 2001, 11:37 (Ref:68832)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IIRC the last win by Seton was at Winton last year.

He's up there, but doesnt consistantly pick up the wins, or put on a great showing.

You think of good Ford showings from last year, you think of Radisish who had the most wins, or Ellery...i mean, who would have picked him as a winner??
Old 6 Mar 2001, 11:52 (Ref:68835)   #11
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been a Seto fan for a long time also. I heard from a friend that ran with the team that Seto is a bit of a control freak as far as running the team is concerned. He tries to organise everything and therefore the team suffers. If he could back off and concentate on just the driving he would do a better job (my friends opinion anyway).

Last edited by redback; 6 Mar 2001 at 11:53.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 12:24 (Ref:68841)   #12
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seton's last race win was Winton (and close to a round win). His last round win was...um...for some reason Eastern Creek 1997 comes to mind, but I might be wrong.

I'm a Seton fan for years, starting back in the Nissan days. And increased after I interviewed him as he had some good views on more manufacturers in V8Supercars