Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 May 2001, 00:14 (Ref:93425)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrrggggh! No!

Because Matt Neal can't get a drive in Europe, he wants to race V8s, and he could be hereas soon as July!!!!

Oh well, with the stewards in their current mood, if he carrys on like a pork chop as he did at Bathurst he'll be given a life ban quick smart
Old 17 May 2001, 02:50 (Ref:93454)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my god...this is V8 Supercars gravest hour ! Something must be done to stop this retard from getting anywhere near another one off drive let alone a regular one.

Can't we petition CAMS or AVESCO...there's gotta be something...
Old 17 May 2001, 03:28 (Ref:93470)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
NEWS FLASH !!!

Matt Neal to boot Lowndes out of Gibson motorsport's top drive.

Fred gibson has stated "We need to get this guy in a car....with him and young Rodney in our team we surely cant go wrong ?"

the newest V8 super team perhaps ???

anyway seriously ...who is he gonna drive for ???

will he get the second CAT seat or even the second Larko car ..or will he just try for the enduro's ???
Old 17 May 2001, 03:34 (Ref:93474)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, fingers crossed he could be Gow's secret wildcard to lift the popularity of the Aussie Super Tourers and will bring a Super Tourer with him from Europe and therefore won't get anywhere near a V8 Supercar.

To much to hope for ?
Old 17 May 2001, 04:59 (Ref:93487)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Buckshot- I like your thinking....maybe he'll come into the country and race in the ASTC, thus destoying all of the old Super Touers. Then, everyone would have to get into future touring
Old 17 May 2001, 07:20 (Ref:93501)   #6
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I know he displayed an incredible degree of brain-fade at Bathurst, but is he really that bad?
Old 17 May 2001, 12:29 (Ref:93550)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Heheh, harsh comment coming on....it would have been good for him to have a brain to fade
Old 18 May 2001, 03:33 (Ref:93881)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh god help us. Big kev will be excited when he has to pay for the damage and fines!

I have an idea. Maybee they could take $1 from everybody that enters the circuit and send it to Matt so he can keep racing overseas, then we dont have to have him. Ive got my $1 ready

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 20 May 2001, 11:49 (Ref:94450)   #9
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leave Matt Neal alone he's a great driver who last year came from an environment where independents fight with the works teams for outright honours to a catagory that don't allow NEone but Holden to win the series and cann't make up there mind what the rules really r.

Besides Radisich, Baird, Ambrose and Lowndes have all driven in European and they r GREAT drivers
Old 20 May 2001, 11:56 (Ref:94453)   #10
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Yes, the drivers you have mentioned are great drivers. But they didn't punt Crompton and Skaife off last year at Bathurst by getting in the way whilst they were 2 laps down - a moment of unbeleivable stupidity that most likely changed the outcome of the race and could have cost Skaife his championship bid.

This incident of extreme spasticity from Neal is something we do not wish to witness again.

Last edited by Buckshot; 20 May 2001 at 11:57.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:24 (Ref:95920)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, what Neal did at Bathurst last year was enormously stupid, but does anyone seriously believe that was typical behaviour from him. I don't think so. He's actually a very good driver.
Old 24 May 2001, 12:06 (Ref:95962)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Remember Bathurst (ST) 98 when he was playing silly buggers with the Volvo in his first stint...with 750km to go he was leaning on the Volvo the whole way around the track- exciting at the time, but really, pretty stupid in hindsight.
Old 27 May 2001, 01:25 (Ref:97083)   #13
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valid point.

However u haven't heard Neal's side of the story.

I was talking with him on the BTCCforum.com site and he said that @ Murray's Crompton tried to push him into the gravel on the exit, so Neal decided to repass Crompton @ Hell. However Skaife got caught up in an arguement which didn't involve him. And the reason it started was simply because Crompton doesn't like Morris. Stupid hey
Old 27 May 2001, 04:00 (Ref:97100)   #14
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Yes...Matt Neal is stupid...his comments on that forum do more to prove that point.
Old 27 May 2001, 11:44 (Ref:97199)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
That's the biggest heap of ******** I have ever heard! Neal blocked Crompton several times before he was able to get by....and this version of events differs somewhat from his story at the time!!
Old 27 May 2001, 12:04 (Ref:97211)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neal's case holds no water at all, his argument is illogical. Think about it, someone has just lapped you for the second time and tried to run you off the road, do you a) stay behind them and keep out of their way or b) rush up alongside them and desperately try to pass? I think the answer to that one is obvious and it immediately discredits Neal's account of events.
Old 27 May 2001, 12:36 (Ref:97234)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Or c) demonstrate your displeasure by giving them a little tap in the rear...

Oh, I wish we had coverage of the series over here so I could see what all the fuss was about! Anyone fancy sending me coverage of the races on video ?