Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2408908)   #1
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The affordable Sports Racing Car alternative

Hello everyone!

When I started racing again, two years ago, I discovered one of the best-kept secrets in British club motorsport - Sports 2000!
Now that we're in the grips of the Credit Crunch, I thought it timely to remind all you undecided racers out there about this fabulous series.
Where else can you race pure, purpose-built (non-single seaters), without breaking the bank? We race at all the best circuits (Brands GP/Silverstone GP/Donington/Spa...). You can buy a fully restored car, in race-ready condition for under £15k. The trusty Pinto engines will run for two seasons without a rebuild, and the cars will lap Snetterton in under 1:20 with a novice at the wheel.
Anyone interested should log on to www.sports2000-srcc and see what it's all about. I did.

Regards,

Rollo Tomasi (Swift DB2 #36)
Old 4 Mar 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2408977)   #2
Chris_w
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
Chris_w should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, afraid your link doesn't work!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2409515)   #3
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry everyone! Try www.sports2000-srcc.com

Rollo
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2409626)   #4
kjw
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
kjw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the driving standards code of conduct. There seems some sensible conditions there. Is it strictly enforced?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2409658)   #5
chris bailey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw View Post
I like the driving standards code of conduct. There seems some sensible conditions there. Is it strictly enforced?
Oh yes! That's one of the attractions. Nobody's trying to be the next Lewis Hamilton, so the etiquette is good, and anyone who gets overly aggressive is dealt with (fairly). Doesn't mean there's no rubbing from time to time, as the tyre marks on my car will testify. Hard racing, but clean. Our driving standards "policeman" is Wil Arif. His experience and considerable success as a driver means there's no absurd decisions in this area.

Rollo.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2410627)   #6
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see Sports 2000 really doing well after being near forgotten in the early part of this century.

Good value motorsport indeed.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2410919)   #7
chris bailey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
It's good to see Sports 2000 really doing well after being near forgotten in the early part of this century.

Very much alive and kicking these days. We've had Pinto grids of well over 30 cars where it's been allowed (Brands and Silverstone GP).

If you invest in an Historic car (pre-83), then you can run in all three championships. That can mean up to three races in a weekend, and the entry fee to race 2 and 3 is usually heavily discounted. Moreover, the value of Historic S2000 cars is rising, so your car will be a good investment as well as never needing to be updated to remain competitive. When I say competitive, the majority of the "proper" Pinto races in 2008 were won by Historic cars, much to the embarrassment of us Class A runners.

So, if your interest has been kindled, come along to the first race in 2009 (Silverstone International on 11th April). Stick your head into the Hospitality Centre and you'll most likely be invited to stay for lunch.........

Rollo.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2438060)   #8
chris bailey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post

Catch the action at Silverstone this Sunday, on the International Circuit. Duratec and Pinto races running, with pretty good grids!!

Chris/Rollo