Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Nov 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3337412)   #1
BKaczmarek
Rookie

BKaczmarek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2013 25 Hours of Thunderhill

It's that time of year again! Endurance racing's best kept secret returns December 7-8 from Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA.

This year's entry list, while perhaps a little less exciting than it looked a few weeks ago, is without a doubt the most competitive we've seen in years. 26 cars are entered in the ES and ESR classes for unlimited/open cars, including 9 sports racer entries, certainly the biggest prototype grid we've ever seen. The full list is available here - http://www.nasa25hour.com/2013/teams/2013teamlist.htm - but here are a few highlights:

- 2 Wolf GB08 CN-spec cars, one of which is driven by none other than Al Unser, Jr... And his kid!
- 2 Radical SR3's - one from Factory 48 and one from Radical West.
- Davidson's Norma M20F and the Eagle that nearly won the race last year, both of which feature nearly all-pro lineups.
- The Chevy Silverado that led a substantial portion of the first half last year.
- 2 GMG Audi R8 LMS's, and I believe Audi will be sending technical support over for these entries.
- VLN-spec entries from the Audi TT-RS that showed well last year and a Lexus IS-F campaigned by Lexus USA, including Grand-Am/ALMS' Jeff Westphal and Ken Dobson
- Factory Five GTM with Paul Edwards and... Davy Jones!
- A host of Porsche Carrera Cup cars of varying vintage... Pierre Ehret, who won the race last year, is back in a 2009-spec Cup with Memo Gidley and Vic Rice.
- Team Spoon returns from Japan with a Honda CR-Z in E2
- A New Zealand-based entry with a Seat Leon Supercopa!

And, of course, I'll be back (with friends this year!) to cover the entire race on Endurance Radio - http://www.endurance-radio.com

Quote:
Endurance Radio is pleased to announce its third straight year of live, full, and exclusive radio coverage of the National Auto Sport Association's 25 Hours of Thunderhill! Join Brendan Kaczmarek, Joseph Mudrak, and Tim Stoll live from the circuit for over 27 hours of coverage from one of motorsport's true hidden gems on December 6-8 on endurance-radio.com. Nearly 250 drivers in 64 cars will take to Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, California for the 11th and decidedly most competitive running of the event.

Endurance Radio's coverage will include NASA's official one hour practice and qualifying session for the first time on Friday, December 6 starting at 4:45PM Pacific Standard Time (7:45PM EST). That broadcast will be available on-demand throughout the night on endurance-radio.com. Raceday coverage starts on Saturday, December 7 at 9:15AM PST (12:15PM EST) with a re-broadcast of the qualifying session, rolling right into our race preview an hour later. Cars will roll off the grid at 11:00AM PST (2:00PM EST), and Endurance Radio will stay live right through to the checkered flag at 12:00 Noon PST on Sunday, December 8.

Additional information for the event, including the 64-car entry list, a schedule, live timing, and a link to our coverage is available at http://www.nasa25hour.com.

Endurance Radio's Thunderhill Coverage Schedule (All times Pacific, Eastern is +3 Hours):

Friday, 12/6/13:
4:45PM - 5:15PM:
NASA Practice Session (30 minutes)
5:15PM - 5:45PM: NASA Qualifying Session (30 minutes)

Saturday, 12/7/13:
9:15AM - 10:15AM:
NASA Practice/Qualifying Re-Run (1 Hour)
10:15AM - 10:45 AM: Thunderhill Preview Show (30 Minutes)
10:45AM: NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Build-Up and Race Start (25 Hours)

Saturday, 12/8/13:
12:00PM - 12:30PM: Race Conclusion and Post-Race Coverage
Old 27 Nov 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3337488)   #2
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another interesting entry list!
Old 27 Nov 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3337527)   #3
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Life Blasters wrote a photo essay on the 2011 edition of the 25 Hours of Thunderhill.

I have not seen this page in a while, but my oh my, has this race grown into a truly prestigious endurance race. What a brilliant venue.

The 2013 edition should be the best yet!

http://lifeblasters.com/awesome/2011/7461/
The photos are absolutely stunning!
Old 27 Nov 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3337565)   #4
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With all the dates on the calendar to choose, why did they pick a day when I am supposed to be working?

I really enjoyed this race last year, and it looks like I might have to miss it this year.

Hopefully by 2014 they can work out some kind of streaming video.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3337648)   #5
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there camping, this event is great, just hope for good weather. look for the chargers and Porsche flags flying from the rv on the skid pad somewhere,stop by for a beer. looking rotate to seeing the r8 s and the ttrs (was very fast last year), along with all the other gt3 cup Porsches and prototypes, always a fun event.
Old 29 Nov 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3338175)   #6
BKaczmarek
Rookie

I can't make any promises just yet, but there's a chance we may end up supplying a video feed. We'll be on the third floor so it would probably be a stationary overview of the first few corners from high above, but it's better than nothing... Watch this space!
Old 30 Nov 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3338399)   #7
Ken_T
Rookie

United States
Texas
Ken_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Wolf GB08s will have a video feed. Here is info from their post on another forum.

"Here is the live feed link for the in car camera for JFC Racing at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jfc-racing-the-25-hours-of-thunderhill

This link will be broadcasting the in car feed when we are on track during qualify and for the entire race (December 7-8).

Good luck to everyone and cheer on the Sports Car Racers and Drivers (ESR).
Whether it is us, Factory 48 (Jeff and Lee) or the boys at Davidson; BEAT THE (ES) PORSCHE!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Brian"
Old 30 Nov 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3338717)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Chevrolet Silverado
Old 2 Dec 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3339174)   #9
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Chevrolet Silverado
Caught my eye too, but it looks like it's just a NASCAR truck-like thing.

Hardly surprising, but I'm a little disappointed, I had hoped someone had been crazy enough to build/enter a heavily modified real truck.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3339229)   #10
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That NASCAR truck actually led the race for quite a while in 2012, as I recall, and put in a very interesting performance, just because it was a truck (though really it is just a tube-framed, V8-powered prototype with square bodywork.) Just the oddity of it, coupled with its performance, added to the race.

But yes, I would love to see a real modified truck enter, too. Maybe a mini-pick-up could hold its own in own of the tiny-motor production classes?
Old 2 Dec 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3339319)   #11
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
That NASCAR truck actually led the race for quite a while in 2012, as I recall, and put in a very interesting performance, just because it was a truck (though really it is just a tube-framed, V8-powered prototype with square bodywork.) Just the oddity of it, coupled with its performance, added to the race.

But yes, I would love to see a real modified truck enter, too. Maybe a mini-pick-up could hold its own in own of the tiny-motor production classes?
Either Jeff Braun or Bill Riley ran one in a 24 hour Lemons or Chumpcar race a little while ago... succumbed to some terminal electrical issues pretty early on, though.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3340114)   #12
BKaczmarek
Rookie

Endurance Radio's live coverage of the event will be available here, starting Friday afternoon : http://endurance-radio.com/live-coverage.html
Old 7 Dec 2013, 04:05 (Ref:3341126)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I really want to visit this one sometime soon. The grid looks like a lot of fun with all types of cars. Don't have a clue who to root for, so I'll go for the TTRS.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3341327)   #14
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happen to the second GMG R8? Appears to be a DNS.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3341400)   #15
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
canciaro is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
What happen to the second GMG R8? Appears to be a DNS.
It barrel-rolled a couple of times on Thursday, were not sure if they could repair the car.

Michigan Football & Basketball, Oregon Football, Detroit Tigers
Old 8 Dec 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3341440)   #16
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazda had a feed on YouTube, but I it is not work for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXiFMk-gy1Y
Old 8 Dec 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3341442)   #17
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Mazda on YouTube.
Quote:
Streamed live on Dec 7, 2013

Hi everyone. We are having issues with our YouTube stream. Please head over to Justin.tv/teamrdr , Justin.tv/teamrdr2 , Justin.tv/teamrdr3, and Justin.tv/teamrdr4 for individual streams
Old 8 Dec 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3341617)   #18
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Here is the live feed for Rotek TTRS, which as I post is in the lead I believe.

http://store.034motorsport.com/blog/
Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3341755)   #19
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
man was it cold...