Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1395431)   #1
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Whatever happened to...

Esteban Tuero? In 1998, he was just 19, and showed a small amount of talent in a Minardi (more than most) and then he just disappeared off the scene. He is now 26 (if my maths is good), so he is still 'young enough' to drive in F1. What happened to him? What is he doing now?
Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1395436)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This may help mate.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=Esteban+Tuero
Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1395440)   #3
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he just panicked a bit, he'd been racing from a very young age under a lot of parental pressure, and wasn't really ready for the attention and exposure. He's raced in Touring Cars in South America since and done fairly well for himself.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1395444)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So it's still a mystery as to why he left then. Can anyone shed any light on Tuero's decision? (Whether the necessary sponsors left or not it was always made out that Tuero was being secretive about the whole thing.)

Not that it matters that much but I can't help my curiosity here.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1395627)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
His decision was probably "I have been rubbish at this F1 lark quite frankly, I must go to prevent further tarnishing of my stuttering career."

Or something along those lines.....
Old 31 Aug 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1395730)   #6
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it me or has this thread been posted twice today?
Old 31 Aug 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1395736)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, it has.

Tuero's no loss to F1, I believe.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1395739)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tuero was a good driver, nothing spectacular.
But he managed to put that Minardi in places it shouldn't have been on several occasions though.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1395743)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard into the back of a Tyrrell at the Suzuka chicane was one place he shouldn't have put it.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1395748)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GPrejects shows Tuero the respect he deserves. http://f1rejects.com/drivers/tuero/index.html

Tuero the F1 driver.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1395752)   #11
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Hard into the back of a Tyrrell at the Suzuka chicane was one place he shouldn't have put it.
Yes, he was good but that always sticks in my mind. It was one of the most pathetic pieces of driving I have ever seen!
Old 31 Aug 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1395765)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Rumour has it... (no actually I can't... but it didnt have much to do with his driving)
Old 31 Aug 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1395780)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
His car is up for sale here. Minardi M198/3 and it's in one piece!
Old 31 Aug 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1395825)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always remember him for an inexplicable attempt at taking turn one at Buenos Aires, a right hander, by turning hard left into the barrier at high speed in what looked like an attempt to do himself in.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1395940)   #15
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I always remember him for an inexplicable attempt at taking turn one at Buenos Aires, a right hander, by turning hard left into the barrier at high speed in what looked like an attempt to do himself in.
I'll always remember him for a quote that appeared in the 1998 BBC Grand Prix preview: 'I hope that the new rules will allow me to close the gap between myself and the other drivers' to which the magazine replied 'Try: if all the races were in a straight line and you lent me the Thrust SSC, I still couldn't close the gap'