Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jun 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1319762)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"The most anticipated new motor racing team in Australia..." in sponsor trouble?

It seems that all isnt quite right at the new Britek megateam...

If you take a squiz at the two cars from the Eastern Creek weekend...

...and compare them with pictures of the preceding round in Perth...

... or indeed Pukekohe...

... you will notice that Eastern Creek saw a new brand on the front splitter in place of one that has been on the team since inception.

Whispers from the powder room suggest that the interestingly jigsawish team ownership structure may be undergoing some growing pains, with one of the partners having left the squad, taking their backing in the form of equity and sponsorship, as well as the gig preparing the Carrera Cup car for the heir, with them.

There was some suggestion that the young driver in the Carrera Cup car was 'guaranteed' an endurance race run in one of the team cars this season... that another driver was announced in this slot in the motorsport press this week may have help force the hand of the financier to leave the team.

Quite where this leaves the team that is left behind is a real pickle. The AdRad backing was important, as the noise around the team suggested the principals were underwriting this project until commercial strength was attained.

As I understood it, the second driver was meant to find his own sponsorship for running his car, and contribute to the running costs of the squad... However given the main car's poor franchise position, and the need to satiate the bigname sponsor, the second car has run in this livery for all of this season... which I dont believe was the original intention.

The cars are travelling reasonably well in the main series points chase considering their lack of running/testing... (and are crying out for a chassis engineer to fix the suspension....) while Mr Fernandez isnt showing the form in the ex-Speedymobile than previous seasons have shown... I would doubt the driver has forgotten how to go fast...

Indeed the radiator brand seems to have fallen off the official Website although the driver of the Porsche seems still to be on the steerer's sheet on that site as a link name, but his picture and profile are well and truly gone.

Strange times indeed... who said the Silly Season had to start at season's end?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Jun 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1319775)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The promised or the perceived promise of an enduro drive is apparently the reason the sponsor and his heir have left. They are apparently looking at other options.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1319794)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the Britek team grouped with FPR, and not allowed any test days of their own this year, the young Carrera Cup driver and heir would not get anything like a decent complement of seat time in a Supercar before the endurance races.

Any other team that picks this driver up will be taking a significant risk....
Old 4 Jun 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1319836)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has the powder room coughed up a rumoured number or numbers on the level of equity and sponsorship that the said departed were meant to be bringing?

This could leave NotSoTek in quite a precarious position. Luckily the "team owner" has a million dollar a year salary to help prop the show up. Hopefully the lovely Mrs NotSo isn't too high maintenance.......
Old 4 Jun 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1319867)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Three cars, a franchise licence slot, truck, equipment, a shedload of people, a newly fitted out workshop, participation in 3 (now 2..) series....

A low to mid seven figure number is the word from the washroom, whether it gets replaced by sponsor dollars, or new equity partners remains unclear.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1319929)   #6
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
The promised or the perceived promise of an enduro drive is apparently the reason the sponsor and his heir have left. They are apparently looking at other options.
Aren't the Washingtons from Adelaide? Aren't Dynamik still looking for an enduro driver, and some more $pon$or$? Quick Mr Wills, get on the phone before Tasman or Larry do.....
Old 5 Jun 2005, 01:14 (Ref:1320274)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Three cars, a franchise licence slot, truck, equipment, a shedload of people, a newly fitted out workshop, participation in 3 (now 2..) series....

A low to mid seven figure number is the word from the washroom, whether it gets replaced by sponsor dollars, or new equity partners remains unclear.
Dumb question time..... How does one extract one's equity from such an organisation?? It would seem hard when the said equity is tied up in assets, unless one took assets to the value of one's equity.

Or does one put the operation on the market?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 01:36 (Ref:1320281)   #8
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Carrera Cup porsche assets were equal to the Adrad equity ?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 01:46 (Ref:1320283)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Dunno. From what GTR has listed, I would say that they were significantly more!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 04:07 (Ref:1320306)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Dumb question time..... How does one extract one's equity from such an organisation?? It would seem hard when the said equity is tied up in assets, unless one took assets to the value of one's equity.

Or does one put the operation on the market?
To exit any partnership requires the partner who wishes to leave to be bought out of his/her stake in a deal. In this case, the other principals of Britek would likely need to stump up for the dollars invested by Mr Washington, to allow him to exit his position in the business.

A trip to Mr Booth's office and asking for another cheque perhaps?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 05:04 (Ref:1320309)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

Yes, but what level was the involvement? Preparation of a Porsche and??

Mr Booth and Mr Kruk must be questioning the whole Britek involvement. I wonder who had the silver tongue to get this all rolling??
Old 5 Jun 2005, 05:09 (Ref:1320312)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Yes, but what level was the involvement? Preparation of a Porsche and???
As it says above... conventional wisdom around the paddock suggested that Mr Washington was the team's underwriter....
Old 5 Jun 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1320381)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
. Hopefully the lovely Mrs NotSo isn't too high maintenance.......

i think mrs notso lived in a winnebago for a year and come home from there with little money, so i dont belive she is too high maintenance
Old 5 Jun 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1320436)   #14
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if this will jeopardise the future of the team for the est of the season? It doesn't look good for 2006 onwards...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1320848)   #15
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Where has the Washington Porsche gone, who is preparing it now?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1320936)   #16
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
i think mrs notso lived in a winnebago for a year and come home from there with little money, so i dont belive she is too high maintenance
I think you will find that was a different one

And when people say, what happens to the running of the Washington Porsche, that should be plural..........

I hope this doesn't affect his GT Championship campaign in anyway, we need all of the cars we can get in that
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1321987)   #17
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Booth and Mr Kruk must be questioning the whole Britek involvement. I wonder who had the silver tongue to get this all rolling??
Mr Jewel's considerabel talents in that area would have helped.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1322086)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just because they have lost a sponssor does not put them in sponsor trouble.

they were a sponsor that come with alot of demands, ie like run a porche cup. now they can concentrate on v8s withoyuut the distractions. possibly their new driver has brought some funds to the table , which will probably make up the difference
Old 7 Jun 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1322264)   #19
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
That is some pretty prominent real estate the Adrad signs were on - Mr White (the newer) must be bringing a prety big chunk of cash to "make up the difference" Peckstar!

Anyone know what a drive in the enduros costs a pay driver? And how many of the ring-ins pay and how many are paid?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 23:39 (Ref:1322819)   #20
v8babe
Racer

Australia
QLD
v8babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard numbers in the ball park of $50k upwards, depends on the team. Don't know about the overseas guys but as for aussies, you won't find a free drive in the paddock anymore, let alone being paid to be there!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 00:25 (Ref:1322827)   #21
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
again that depends on the team, some of the second drivers are there for skill not $$$$$$$$$
Old 8 Jun 2005, 01:33 (Ref:1322844)   #22
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Surely Jim Richards doesn't pay???!!!!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 01:46 (Ref:1322849)   #23
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i dont think Jimmy or James Courtney are paying at HRT this season.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1322853)   #24
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened at Phillip Island at AMRS meeting? Did that invovle baseball bats?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 02:32 (Ref:1322860)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
just because they have lost a sponssor does not put them in sponsor trouble.
Could be wrong but doesn't the problem lay in that he was an equity holder in the team. Now thats gone.....?