Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3288113)   #76
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes the Red section from the breakdown was intended to be a bit old-school possibly even a road in the style of the old Spa or current Lemans. I might still show an interpretation like that.
In the mean time I've completed the lower pit complex as well
Attached Thumbnails
Aug 1 Both Pits.jpg  
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3288132)   #77
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Following on from above, I've added in some of the old road network on which the circuit is based.

I'll remove most of it again as it detracts from the circuit layout
Attached Thumbnails
Aug 1 original roads.jpg  
Old 11 Aug 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3288365)   #78
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like it. It has a similar blot shape to my 4th track (my first with elevation), but it looks simpler and faster. There are a lot of technical corners. I particularly like the North part of the track.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3288912)   #79
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to go drive on that track Love all parts, it's very various, fast yet technical, the opposite of a boring track! What i don't like about it is that it's fictional
Old 27 Aug 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3294977)   #80
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
This is the finished version, I'm not going to add building etc, I've spent long enough on it.

A reminder the full circuit as Drawn uses the East pitlane, runs Anti/counter Clockwise (as do each of the smaller circuits) and measures 4.365 miles or 6.983kms
Attached Thumbnails
Aug 1 Current track.jpg  
Old 31 Aug 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3296686)   #81
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at this new track of yours for the first time, I thought it was clockwise and pretty good. Only the location of the runoff made me realize that I was looking at it in the wrong direction.

If I were a motor racing series promoter, I'd like to book this track to run clockwise and use the western pitlane despite the smaller paddock.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3310828)   #82
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Almost a month since my last circuit. I haven't been completely idle, here is a one of two that I've been working on...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 1a Top View.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	41359

Running counter/anti clockwise with an external pit
The circuit measures 5.77 kms or 3.604 miles
The circuit is 14.5m wide except the pit straight which is 17.5m and narrows through T1.

A few different views,

Name:	Sept 1a Opening Sequence.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	41360 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 1a Hairpin View.jpg
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	41361

Name:	Sept 1a infield View.jpg
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	41362 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 1a Final Corner.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	422.7 KB
ID:	41363

as always comment criticisms and possible Edits are welcome.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3310831)   #83
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
And Here is the second that I mentioned.
This one isn't finished but there is enough there for you to get the idea I'm sure.

Name:	Sept 2 Top View.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	41364

Running Clockwise again with an External pit
This oversized Circuit Measures 6.706kms or 4.19 miles
There are options for shorter circuits in several places

The 2 extra angles show the the pit workings, still a little work required on the pit in.

Name:	Sept 2 Pit entry.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	41365 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 2 Pit Exit.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	41366
Old 1 Oct 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3311678)   #84
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
And Here is the second that I mentioned.
This one isn't finished but there is enough there for you to get the idea I'm sure.

Attachment 41364

Running Clockwise again with an External pit
This oversized Circuit Measures 6.706kms or 4.19 miles
There are options for shorter circuits in several places

The 2 extra angles show the the pit workings, still a little work required on the pit in.

Attachment 41365 Attachment 41366
I'm not feeling this one at all. If the track is 4.19 miles then most of the corners will probably be flat-out or near flat-out, which can be rather boring. Also, the whole section in the middle is nearly identical to the Kansas Speedway infield section. Sorry, my friend, it's not very inspiring, IMO. :/ However, I would feel a lot better if this track was 2-2.5 miles instead of 4+.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3311693)   #85
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm not feeling this one at all. If the track is 4.19 miles then most of the corners will probably be flat-out or near flat-out, which can be rather boring. Also, the whole section in the middle is nearly identical to the Kansas Speedway infield section. Sorry, my friend, it's not very inspiring, IMO. :/ However, I would feel a lot better if this track was 2-2.5 miles instead of 4+.
I count at least 7-8 corners that would be quite stupid to take "flat-out or near flat-out"...

As for the Kansas speedway infield section... that resembles suspiciously much the last section of the Monza circuit, so who's the copycat now?
You can't make a decent track design that won't have any sections resembling a real life track's certain section. Impossible.

bio
Old 13 Oct 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3317374)   #86
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Moving onwards

I've only outlined this one so far, as I'm struggling with what's best.

Looking at the full circuit I'd say Anti clockwise, but to use the bus-stop or not?

Name:	Oct1 Top View.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	41483

Running as options I think they could wok in either direction but which is best?

Name:	Oct1 clockwise.jpg
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	41484 Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct1 Anticlockwise.jpg
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	41485

help me out with this one and what's best for pit placement.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3317800)   #87
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they should be anticlockwise but tbh, I dont see the point of that bus stop. If you need to slow the cars down, then why not have just the second half of the bus stop and have a slight curve towards it. It would be a more interesting corner and would still be an overtaking opportunity. I have also put my suggestions for the pit lanes in the pic below. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
SBF Oct1.jpg  
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3317961)   #88
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
The point of the bus stop is that it's optional, Clubbies using the North circuit might find that a 900m straight is a bit much, so the bus stop provides an overtaking point after 600m that is different from a standard triangle chicane, whilst bigger formula or Endurance cars wouldn't mind the long straight.

The pitlane is positioned as I would have it, though it wouldn't run all the way to the chicane.

On the Southern circuit, I hadn't considered the pit there for that direction
Old 18 Oct 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3319552)   #89
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
OK for the above circuit here are the Dimensions

GP no Bus Stop = 4.617 Km = 2.88 miles
GP With Bus Stop = 4.659 km = 2.91 miles

North No Bus Stop = 2.767km = 1.73 miles
North with Bus Stop = 2.808km = 1.76 miles

South = 1.714km = 1.07 miles

And I've added in pit complexes

Name:	Oct1 pits complete.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	41520
Old 10 Nov 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3329730)   #90
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I had intended on having this as a third October circuit but time escaped me.

I present it only as a line drawing this time running Clockwise.

The main straight can be run in various lengths with differing entrances and braking zones ranging from 640m through to 950m

The longest circuit length is 5.122km or 3.201 miles... this uses a 750m straight
The Shortest circuit is 4.986k or 3.11 miles ... this uses 844m straight.
Attached Thumbnails
Oct 3.jpg   Oct 3 no dimms.jpg  
Old 11 Nov 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3330057)   #91
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Another seamless one there. The section between the S/F straight and the top "straight" seems most enjoyable.

bio
Old 22 Nov 2013, 00:11 (Ref:3334997)   #92
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
This one is a bit stop start, but more for Touring cars than F1
It's unfinished but enough to get an idea...

Running Anti/Counter clockwise
Long Circuit is 5.011km or 3.13 miles
Short circuit 3.917km or 2.44 miles
Attached Thumbnails
Nov 1 Top.jpg   Nov 1 pit.jpg  
Old 22 Nov 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3335253)   #93
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I'm not fan of this infield section here - but otherwise not a word of complaint.

bio
Old 8 Dec 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3341747)   #94
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
The first full complete circuit from me in a log while.

Name:	Nov3 Top.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	41757

Runs Clockwise
Length is 4.660km or 2.91 miles

Technically 17 corners But for ease (t2 is the 90ish right, T10 is the Hairpin, T16 is the "parabolica" at the end of the lap).

Name:	Nov3 Pit In.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	41758 Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov3 Pit out.jpg
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	41759

Name:	Nov3 T2 infield Loop.jpg
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	41760 Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov3 Hairpin second loop.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	41761

There is a proposal shown below for a simple short cut reducing the circuit to 3.605km or 2.25 miles.

Name:	Nov3 Poss Short cut.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	520.9 KB
ID:	41762

There has also been a suggestion, though no feasibility study carried out, on a shorter still version that would cut across the outward leg of the Hairpin linking T5 to T13.