Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 26 Aug 2022, 20:28 (Ref:4123810)   #1
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Road Course at Atlanta

Anyone here into road courses? I sure would like to see NASCAR at Road Atlanta. It only makes sense since the France's own the track now.
Old 27 Aug 2022, 15:56 (Ref:4123899)   #2
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgot to add that there was actually an ARCA race conducted there a few years ago. It was a lead in race to the Petit Le Mans. Sure, was fun to watch the newcomers challenge the turns and elevation changes at that track. Very aggressive driving.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 01:49 (Ref:4123920)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NO NO NO NO NO AND F NO, they would destroy the place. Never mind the media that won't let anyone forget Keslowski missing T1 and breaking his ankle during testing and telling us all it was because there are no SAFER barriers and the track is deadly dangerous.

Cup tests at Road Atlanta multiple times a year and no testing at tracks used during the season so teams will likely push for not racing there. AMS will also fight any attempt to place race there, they already have had troubles keeping 2 races.

If you want to watch stockcars at Road Atlanta come up for HSR, either Mitty or Fall Historics. Some retired guys named Bill and Joe run often and the other drivers aren't bad, last season had 20 some cars on track.

It was K&N East that ran at Petit weekend, they ran so well the race took half of the scheduled time because no cautions were needed.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4124031)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

If you want to watch stockcars at Road Atlanta come up for HSR, either Mitty or Fall Historics. Some retired guys named Bill and Joe run often and the other drivers aren't bad, last season had 20 some cars on track.
Absolutely! Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) has some fun events and the historic stockcars, and also historic Trans Am, are major fun to watch! I've seen them at Daytona and Sebring.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 21:01 (Ref:4124081)   #5
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Absolutely! Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) has some fun events and the historic stockcars, and also historic Trans Am, are major fun to watch! I've seen them at Daytona and Sebring.
Go to the Mitty every year. Just wished I could see the real deal at Road Atlanta. Nothing against the Mitty, but it is not the same level of drivers.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4124153)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given the record on road courses this year I would posit they are far better at The Mitty than Cup, rarely yellows with the old guys and lap times that aren't slow.

Cup has also whinged and cried about lack of real garages when they come for practice sessions. Road Atlanta does not need the paddock filled with garages, haulers and canopies only
Old 29 Aug 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4124189)   #7
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Not to be labeled as a crash lover, but what is a NASCAR race without a few "incidents". Yellow flags are just a part of the experience. More yellows indicates that NASCAR racers need to do more right-hand turns and the track is challenging them. Pack racing has its merits, but nothing separates the men from the boys as a road course.

Agreed that the changes that would be needed to the track would not be desirable and that AMS would fight it tooth and nail. Still, I would like to see more "exhibition" races just to get more interest.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4124212)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IIRC, the Xfinity Series (then Busch Grand National) did races in 86 and 87 at Road Atlanta with I believe Morgan Sheppard and DW taking the wins. Trucks ran there at least once in the late 90s or early 2000s as well.

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO AND F NO, they would destroy the place. Never mind the media that won't let anyone forget Keslowski missing T1 and breaking his ankle during testing and telling us all it was because there are no SAFER barriers and the track is deadly dangerous.

Cup tests at Road Atlanta multiple times a year and no testing at tracks used during the season so teams will likely push for not racing there. AMS will also fight any attempt to place race there, they already have had troubles keeping 2 races.

It was K&N East that ran at Petit weekend, they ran so well the race took half of the scheduled time because no cautions were needed.
I don't think it would all bad cause they are doing a few years then leaving, which I can't tell if NASCAR is testing waters everywhere or this is becoming their MO; don't tick everyone off, but try to please some here at this track and then leave do some over there at another track. But if given the choice; agree. Nope!

Ditto to Mitty and K&N. Both are fun, just wish some of the more "classic" cars could run and maybe have the K&N start coming regularly.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 29 Aug 2022 at 19:46.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 20:58 (Ref:4124224)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I would FULLY support more K&N or ARCA cars but the paddock is getting crowded. But park them at Lanier and run Wednesday afternoon when everyone else is hiding? Yes please
Old 29 Aug 2022, 21:28 (Ref:4124230)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would FULLY support more K&N or ARCA cars but the paddock is getting crowded. But park them at Lanier and run Wednesday afternoon when everyone else is hiding? Yes please
Or their own shared weekend, which was what I was thinking, but yeah, in support of PLM when nothing else goes on Weds now...
Old 30 Aug 2022, 11:47 (Ref:4124289)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Would they draw enough? SCCA and NASA look like a barren wasteland, even SVRA with Trans Am looks a bit empty. I mean I would be there but I'm pretty sure my 900 bucks for this year ain't keeping the power on
Old 30 Aug 2022, 17:35 (Ref:4124331)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Would they draw enough? SCCA and NASA look like a barren wasteland, even SVRA with Trans Am looks a bit empty. I mean I would be there but I'm pretty sure my 900 bucks for this year ain't keeping the power on
Yeah, maybe not, and I'm sure TA wouldn't want them there with them, but with the direction the top 3 series are going, more road courses for the feeder ranks would make sense to me.