Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Mar 2022, 02:31 (Ref:4102850)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But look where I’ve just been.
Attached Thumbnails
5E5E0DC4-FDD4-4A7A-924B-EEF5DE3B4710.jpeg  
Old 17 Mar 2022, 13:47 (Ref:4102901)   #77
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Have heard a Kyle Busch interview where he basically describes Atlanta as a venture into the unknown but thinks it'll end up resembling a Daytona style pack race. No idea about how many lanes they might be able to run. Also said he'd be watching the other races that weekend real close to try and develop an understanding.

What I don't get is why NASCAR didn't run a test session prior to race weekend... maybe they think it'll really add to the race by nobody having a clue?
Old 17 Mar 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4102944)   #78
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
But look where I’ve just been.
iRacing?
Old 17 Mar 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4102953)   #79
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Just read a story Hendrick are hoping to run a modified Cup car in next years Le Mans 24 hours.

My little brain can't think of any other machinery likely to be running that it will be faster than... is this just me being negative? NASCAR cars away from ovals don't really do fast in everything I've ever watched.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4102956)   #80
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

It's not a joke.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 23:13 (Ref:4103005)   #81
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Just read a story Hendrick are hoping to run a modified Cup car in next years Le Mans 24 hours.

My little brain can't think of any other machinery likely to be running that it will be faster than... is this just me being negative? NASCAR cars away from ovals don't really do fast in everything I've ever watched.
Don't worry, it will be a hybrid so extra zoom-zoom

Yeah, I like variety and it's interesting but Garage 56?? The way I read it they haven't even applied to the ACO yet but announced they're going to try
Old 18 Mar 2022, 18:35 (Ref:4103141)   #82
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dale Jr. brought in Justin Allgaier to talk about the changes made to Atlanta. If you're curious about the revamped Atlanta it's a pretty interesting video:

https://youtu.be/OD1aSji-K0s
Old 18 Mar 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4103163)   #83
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's definitely gonna be a FAST track again. It was approaching plate track speeds but without the plate problems. It will be an interesting watch and GREEN track with rain, rain and cool Friday, just a bit of a storm today
Old 18 Mar 2022, 22:26 (Ref:4103197)   #84
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well that's a wash for everything today, practice tomorrow instead of Q'ing in the morning. All 3 get practice instead of qualifying tomorrow with race and practice for National and Trucks cars
Old 19 Mar 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4103308)   #85
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great truck race so far. I'm really liking the changes made to the track.

Shame Deegan got screwed though, but at least she made an excellent save.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 23:50 (Ref:4103367)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well there's the BIG ONE with 11 to go in Busch

3rd attempt at GWC with red flag from another back of the pack wreck

Last edited by broadrun96; 20 Mar 2022 at 00:13.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 00:10 (Ref:4103371)   #87
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The end of this Atlanta Xfinity race is getting messy
Old 20 Mar 2022, 00:18 (Ref:4103374)   #88
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ty Gibbs, well played sir. Im a fan of the radio call, "need to get this moving, I've got a date tonight"
Old 20 Mar 2022, 00:32 (Ref:4103380)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Heck of a move by Ty to take it.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 21:53 (Ref:4103582)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm catching the end of stage 2 here and this is pack racing and I don't like pack racing. I'll still give it a go because Atlanta.

And I've known this for a long time, but Jeff Gordon has the personality of a lamp post. He's a hard listen.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 21:58 (Ref:4103585)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Maybe they're getting what they want. I've been watching for 25 mins. I've seen 4 laps of racing and two wrecks.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 23:22 (Ref:4103607)   #92
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Wild finish. That was a great race and also a new record for lead changes at Atlanta.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 23:41 (Ref:4103609)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Glad to see them finish. That was fun!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 23:47 (Ref:4103611)   #94
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
That wasn't Atlanta. It was a poor man's Daytona. Not my cup of tea, at least nobody finished upside down on fire!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 23:51 (Ref:4103612)   #95
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not a fan either. I preferred the original Atlanta over tri oval anyway, but yeah. They got what they wanted and I didn't want it. It was at least clean ish at the end and half way entertaining. They all won't be that way.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 13:45 (Ref:4103678)   #96
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, we can't win 'em all.

Think NASCAR went in the right direction with the Bristol Dirt, with some of the circuit races (I like circuit racing even though my brain still thinks it odd seeing NASCAR there) and hopefully the Auto Club rebuild to a short track. More positive than negative track wise from my point of view.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 18:42 (Ref:4103892)   #97
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Welcome to Atladega!

Could it get selected for next year's All-Star Race?
Old 23 Mar 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4104026)   #98
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I wish NASCAR would chose a track not on the points schedule for the All-Star Race. This would be a great chance to try a street course, Nashville Fairgrounds, etc. before fully-committing.

I'm actually liking the track split right now.

Talledega/Daytona/Atlanta
Martinsville/Richmond/Bristol
New Hampshire/Phoenix/Gateway
Charlotte/Texas/Kansas/Nashville
Fontana/Michigan/Pocono
COTA/RA/WG/Sonoma/Charlotte Roval/Indy
Darlington/Homestead/Dover

Most have two races each, road courses 1 each. We just need one more short track really...
Old 24 Mar 2022, 07:06 (Ref:4104065)   #99
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liking the way Chastain is going ATM, hopefully he can get a win whilst on this roll...
Old 24 Mar 2022, 12:30 (Ref:4104088)   #100
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
I wish NASCAR would chose a track not on the points schedule for the All-Star Race. This would be a great chance to try a street course, Nashville Fairgrounds, etc. before fully-committing.

I'm actually liking the track split right now.

Talledega/Daytona/Atlanta
Martinsville/Richmond/Bristol
New Hampshire/Phoenix/Gateway
Charlotte/Texas/Kansas/Nashville
Fontana/Michigan/Pocono
COTA/RA/WG/Sonoma/Charlotte Roval/Indy
Darlington/Homestead/Dover

Most have two races each, road courses 1 each. We just need one more short track really...
Agreed on a split of all star and point races, but logistically, makes sense to have them on the same spot.

Agreed on short track addition. Which one? You mentioned Nashville, which I'd take. Iowa? Indianapolis Raceway Park the weekend after Indy? Don't think IRP have the seating capacity....