Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 May 2001, 21:12 (Ref:91107)   #1
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keke Rosberg declares championship over for Mika..

(Taken from http://www.atlasf1.com/news/report.php/id/4330/.html)

Quote:
Being 32 points adrift of Schumacher and 24 behind his own team mate David Coulthard, former world champion Rosberg believes Hakkinen's chances are over.

"I am a realistic person and the pressure is off Mika now, because the championship is gone," Rosberg told Autosport. "So now he can enjoy the season and get as many wins as he can"

"I probably wouldn't say it that bluntly to Mika – well actually I did. But I don't think a driver sees it that bluntly. Let's put it this way: at least for the next six races he doesn't need to count points does he?

"He can just get on with it, drive as fast as he can and take it from weekend to weekend. All this championship talk can pass him by."
What with Mika having 'flu for this race, I think I'm finally resigned to the fact that there isn't much hope anymore for Mika being 2001 WDC...I wonder what effects Rosberg saying this will have on Mika's driving - will he relax? Will he get lazy? Will he get into a strop? Will he retire? :confused:

Keke won't have said this without reason - I just hope Mika will be back challenging for the WDC in 2002
Old 10 May 2001, 21:33 (Ref:91115)   #2
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fan

I think it's an excellent psychological ploy. Nothing else will get him back into the points, and at least he might get the satisfaction of taking some wins away from TGF.

Imagine being told to damn the points and go for it by a guy like Keke Rosberg. It's probably worth 0.5 seconds a lap.

Last edited by Roy2; 10 May 2001 at 21:34.
Old 11 May 2001, 03:27 (Ref:91147)   #3
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone believe he had a chance this year????
he spoilt his chances in the first three races itself.The mclaren is not the fastest car on the grid.So he wont be able to beat MS unless the later has problems.So where is the chance of him winning the championship??
its going to go to a certain person who some on this forum call 'that german fellow'
Old 11 May 2001, 04:08 (Ref:91155)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It is wise not to underestimate Mika...
Old 11 May 2001, 04:34 (Ref:91157)   #5
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is also wise not to estimate the power of the Dark Side!

I would like to see him win. He made up the points last year. He was leading the last race up to the penultimate lap (So still has the ablity/drive) and Mclaren has stated there are no team orders yet.

I think he still has a shot but the big difference this year is that as stated above the car isn't as dominant and possibly more importantly that DC has a big lead on him. Not only does he need to catch TGF but also DC (Mind you Ron Dennis will probably give him all the help he can).

I see him coming close but unless DC really does poorly Mika will end up playing a supporting role.

Things will have to turn around right quick for him to get his 3rd WDC (this year anyhow). I set the line at 10 points over the next 2 races. If he can make up 10 points TGF and DC over the next two races we could be in for one heck of a come back otherwise I would side with Keke.
Old 11 May 2001, 07:11 (Ref:91171)   #6
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Mika will challange for the title - Alright, he is 34 points behind, but four consecutive wins (wishful thinking), and he would close the gap to the Schu by at least 16 points. So anything is possible. And, a couple of DNF's to TGF, and I think he's in with a chance.
Old 11 May 2001, 21:24 (Ref:91351)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would listen to the man, anyway... he's making good politics cooling off Hakkinen, the spolights off and he winning races and... MAYBE... he can challenge for WDC.

Old 11 May 2001, 21:57 (Ref:91359)   #8
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if Bernie changes his mind he'll win easily.
Old 11 May 2001, 22:14 (Ref:91364)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeap Dino, couldn't say better !!

If it gets too boring...