Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Dec 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3872502)   #736
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Eddie Irvine did a great job as "wingman" at Ferrari and admitted it!
Set him up for life financially....

But I do think Bottas is under enormous strain in the first 5 races to perform right behind Lewis as Ocon will be sat next to Toto watching the screens telling him how much cheaper he will be..
Old 26 Dec 2018, 22:31 (Ref:3872531)   #737
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Me too. Still can't work out why they haven't asked me........
Are you good at picking up girls?
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 26 Dec 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3872533)   #738
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Me too. Still can't work out why they haven't asked me........
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Are you good at picking up girls?
Why would he? Ayse's too busy being driven by James!
(If you don't get it, 'all the better. )

jimclark
Old 28 Dec 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3872776)   #739
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
More from Toto, buyers regret?

Bottas must justify his seat in 2019.

https://racer.com/2018/12/25/bottas-...l-most-popular

Starting to grease the skids?
Old 28 Dec 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3872779)   #740
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
It seems that they can’t just put all their eggs in one basket with Hamilton and need a good backup
Old 28 Dec 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3872835)   #741
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems that they can’t just put all their eggs in one basket with Hamilton and need a good backup
Let's see...WDC and WCC 5 years in a row? I think I wouldn't change strategy.

jimclark
Old 28 Dec 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3872842)   #742
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bottas feels like a bit of a rosberg situation. the people who think he’s not up to the job arent the people making the decisions...
Old 28 Dec 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3872880)   #743
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
bottas feels like a bit of a rosberg situation. the people who think he’s not up to the job arent the people making the decisions...
Problem is that someone who IS up to the job would put them back into the same situation they had with Rosberg and Hamilton which Mercedes found hard to manage and arguably destabilized Lewis.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Dec 2018, 00:18 (Ref:3872915)   #744
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
The big difference is Rosberg was consistently up there, whereas Bottas tends to have a few too many off days
Old 31 Dec 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3873247)   #745
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure Bottas has had the full rub of the green over a season yet...

The signs were there early this year that he was plenty good enough performance wise. Understandably he got deflated by Lewis pace and team decisions later on.

I think he might well need to leave Merc anyway if he is too give himself the chance to shine in his own right.

Leave the best team to maintain competitive dignity for a lesser car or stay put driving the best car with little chance of getting the full benefit?

Tricky.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3873258)   #746
S griffin
Veteran

Bottas did have bad luck last season, but his reputation was severely dented by not keeping pace with Lewis
Old 1 Jan 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3873466)   #747
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not strictly relevant now, but be interesting to see if the demise of Ghosn at Renault (who sign has an impact on their F1 commitment in the short term and perhaps puts their 2019 performance in sharper focus and scrutiny?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3873478)   #748
S griffin
Veteran

Ricciardo will be hoping not