Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 9 Jan 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3874987)   #31
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Organisers of the TCR UK championship have announced that David Sonenscher is to take up the role of Chief Operating Officer ahead of the 2019 season.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3875440)   #32
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
So they've announce a new COO but not much in the way of entries so far - given that it's the Autosport show this weekend I'd have expected some news regarding drivers. I know there are some TCR cars on show at Autosport but I haven't heard anything coming out from the NEC regarding confirmed drivers for this year.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3875450)   #33
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So they've announce a new COO but not much in the way of entries so far - given that it's the Autosport show this weekend I'd have expected some news regarding drivers. I know there are some TCR cars on show at Autosport but I haven't heard anything coming out from the NEC regarding confirmed drivers for this year.
what a difference a year makes! this time last year TCRUK was on everyones lips. plenty of talk about cars and drivers. now a year later there is almost complete silence; they bring in new management .but still hardly any car or driver announcements. that spells problems to me!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3875451)   #34
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really do wonder when series like this are set up.

they are answering questions that no one is asking.

I really like TCR cars but the market is flooded. now if they had a class within a championship like the Continental Tire Series in America or the 24HR series in Europe then id get it.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3875453)   #35
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

Those cars on display i would guess are for WTCR, or more likely the Maximum Trophy which costs a lot less to enter
Old 11 Jan 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3875495)   #36
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Those cars on display i would guess are for WTCR, or more likely the Maximum Trophy which costs a lot less to enter
Plus Britcar Endurance and there's the possibility of Creventic races too.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3875585)   #37
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Organisers of the TCR UK championship have announced that David Sonenscher is to take up the role of Chief Operating Officer ahead of the 2019 season.
Sounds an easy job. There's very little to operate...
Old 12 Jan 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3875638)   #38
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's no different to the rest of the national TCR championships. TCR Germany and Italy, two of the healthiest series in terms of grid size, haven't had an entry announced yet AFAIK either.

That doesn't mean that that the entries will come, but I wouldn't write off the series just yet.

But given events such as Lines forming his own series and Moffat leaving the series early, I would imagine that the formula wasn't well appreciated by the customers so I'm also sceptic...
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3875672)   #39
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from Touring Car Times; "New TCRUK chief hoping for slow growth"

"hoping for slow growth" are not the words of a confident leader
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3875678)   #40
medius
Subscriber
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
"hoping for slow growth" are not the words of a confident leader
More like death by a thousand cuts. The demand for it isn't here in the UK.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3875691)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
It was a nice try, but I can't see any more interest from potential competitors. Be really surprised if this series manages to get through to the end of 2019
Old 12 Jan 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3875698)   #42
Petoli
Rookie

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is though is that there are a number of TCR cars in the UK anyway it just seem that they would rather run them in places like Britcar for example or potentially Stewart Lines new series. What is the issues with TCR UK?

Why is TCR UK not really been attractive is running TCR UK just too expensive with the cost of entry, tyres etc.

Is it the fact that Britcar has 2 drivers in the car lowering the costs. Their are a number of TCR series where shared drives are allowed with 1 driver doing race 1 and the other race 2. Could that be something that TCR UK could do.

Last year for example their were issues with organisation with penalties being changed for example and one of the reasons that Moffat was lack of confidence in the series. has their been issues behind the scenes that has put of potential entrants.

And this new guy has been brought into help alleviate some of those problems.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3875732)   #43
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I struggle to see where entries are going to come from. West Coast are running in Europe, so thats minus 3 good cars from last year for starters.

Josh Price is off to GTs.

I don't know if Derek Palmer has had it with the Alfa - I suspect so - and if that means he's giving it up full stop or planning on running a different car.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3875738)   #44
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I struggle to see where entries are going to come from.

Dan LLoyd, being short on budget is just going to walk 12 laps of the circuits
Old 13 Jan 2019, 00:07 (Ref:3875811)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
West Coast's three Golfs are on the market. I suspect that operation is being wound up, which could also have an effect on the STCC grid this year.

The Backman siblings have bought seats at Target Competition for TCR Europe this year.