Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1394537)   #1
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Lewis!

OK, as far as ano it's not certainly been a surprise, nevertheless I think it's right to congratulate Lewis Hamilton for his early win of the Euroseries 2005!

Hats off!
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1394541)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, congratulations Lewis Hamilton!
Old 30 Aug 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1394553)   #3
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, he is awesome, congratulations to him. Now all he needs to do is win Macau!
Old 30 Aug 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1394741)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Hope that another Raikkonen wouldn't take over his seat when he was going to be titular driver at McLaren F1 team.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1394744)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's a titular driver?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1394800)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A titular driver, K-B, is my meaning for a active racing driver, this one who is racing on Formula One GPs on Sundays.
I hope Hamilton could finish the ladder having a racing seat at McLaren-Mercedes, and not dropping it when he is going to do so, as happened with Heidfeld.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1394805)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton in a McLaren is a few years off, I believe, but I'm sure he'll be there one day
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1394929)   #8
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, i consider it almost a certainty that Hamilton will end up in F1 in 2006. there are 2 options in this regard. 1). He would be a test and third driver for McLaren (assuming he shows appropriate spead in tests which will undoubtedly be conducted in the near future). 2). He will be drafted out to a team such as Jordan or Minardi or potentially even williams as a race driver.

Considering his CV and his performance in the euroseries, there is every chance that Lewis will prove to be a major talent in the mold of Prost, Mika, Senna, Micheal, Kimi and Alonso. even if he is just on par with say Jenson Button, he would be much more marketable to corporate sponsers around the world. Obviously his heritage is born out of a melting pot, and that would appeal to various ethnic groups around the world.

If I was a F1 team Principal, I would certainly try to test Hamilton and to gauge his talent in a F1 car. If he proved exceptional I would sign him and wait for the sponsers to come knocking at my door.

I'm sure Bernie would be delighted.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1394994)   #9
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_White
Actually, i consider it almost a certainty that Hamilton will end up in F1 in 2006. there are 2 options in this regard. 1). He would be a test and third driver for McLaren (assuming he shows appropriate spead in tests which will undoubtedly be conducted in the near future). 2). He will be drafted out to a team such as Jordan or Minardi or potentially even williams as a race driver.
I don't think it is likely that he will be Mclaren's 3rd driver, they aren't gonna get rid of de la Rosa or Wurz are they? Number 2 seems more likely, although GP2 would also be good, but aparently Ron doesn't like that.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 05:21 (Ref:1395156)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

I don't think it's true to say Ron doesn't like GP2 - he's been quoted elsewhere saying he's a big fan of its racing.

What he said was that moving to GP2 for 2005 wouldn't have been the right move for Lewis.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 05:27 (Ref:1395162)   #11
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they will probably chuck him into dtm for the simple fact there are mercedes engines up for grabs. i was hoping jamie green would have been gracing eurosport with gp2 this year but instead he has been in dtm.

dont think it would hurt him, mind. dtm is top stuff. if you can win there you can win the chances are you can win in f1. but to succeed in f1 you need to succeed in a lot more levels than driving quick. i think lewis can handle f1 as we speak though. but i dont think he will be in f1 in 2006. thats for 2007 in my mind.

well done for winning the championship though. he beat sutil into the ground.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 03:40 (Ref:1396052)   #12
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I don't think it's true to say Ron doesn't like GP2 - he's been quoted elsewhere saying he's a big fan of its racing.

What he said was that moving to GP2 for 2005 wouldn't have been the right move for Lewis.
If that is the case, then I'm really surprised that he said that.

Nicos and Premat both raced against him in F3 in 2004, and he never did go toe to toe against Heikki in more powerful stuff in a car; so I really thought him not going to gp2 this year somewhat put a slight blemish in his dominating season in euro f3.

Truth to be told, the guys in euro f3 aren't slouches, but they wouldn't exactly give the racing that Kovalainen and Rosberg would give to Hamilton on a daily basis.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 06:18 (Ref:1396098)   #13
ooo-arr27
Rookie

England
Bath
ooo-arr27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Lewis. It seems only yesterday that I watched a report on my local news station about an eight year old who was considered so good that the McLaren F1 team had put it's full backing behind him!
I have followed his career ever since and cannot wait till he is in F1, which will of course be the final test of his racing ability and will prove (or disprove) the faith that McLaren put in him all those years ago.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1396587)   #14
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A really dominant seasons performance. He has had the best of everything right through his career and made the most of it. I expect he will do GP2 next year perhaps combined with a testing role in F1. A championship winning season in GP2 next year would be the final springboard to F1 in 2007, who know perhaps with McLaren. It's intersting to look forward and see what F1 may look like in a couple of years .
Hamilton, Rosberg, Piquet ?, Kovalainen, Speed, Liuzi, Raikonnen,Alonso, Button, Davidson, Rossi ???. Sounds quite mouthwatering .
Old 1 Sep 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1396849)   #15
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Lewis! I was there to watch the race. He had the best car the whole season, but even without he would have won, I think. He's talented, if he makes it to F1 he will do well.