Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Jun 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2221932)   #26
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops, I've got that superpole thing backwards I think, sorry about that. Someone was going to correct me I'm sure.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2221968)   #27
Fernando_S
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fernando_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happend to Guerrieri?. He was running fifth behind Carbone, later on he dropped to 9th and in the las laps he dropped even more.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2221974)   #28
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never showed it, but he made a mistake to drop to 9th and then spun to fall back further
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2222008)   #29
Mike.ca
Racer

Mike.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Oops, I've got that superpole thing backwards I think, sorry about that. Someone was going to correct me I'm sure.
It takes some getting used to, doesn't it. Won the Super Pole, started 8th. According to Italiaracing.net, Wickens was in 6th, battling with Van der Garde for 5th. Then Guillaume Moreau hit him, dropping him back to 11th. Once again, Wickens is the victim of another driver's mistake/over aggressiveness. Well, at least he starts from pole tomorrow. He may be safer running from the front.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2222081)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
SALVADOR DURAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a stupendous drive. If he ever produces half a drive again as good as that he'd be happy! Did he have a boost button or something?? He was 5th and then 4th stuck behind the Ultimate cars which must have had set up problems because both drivers are very good but semed to suffer pace wise in the race. But Duran still ate a 5 second gap to win!

Guerrieri must have had a nerf with someone, Van Der Garde perhaps? as Esteban's left front wing endplate was missing from half distance.

Some excellent scrapping throughout the field. I love Donny but Silverstone is more open with several clear cut overtaking spots.... for the brave.

Last edited by chunterer; 8 Jun 2008 at 01:48.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2222089)   #31
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds a great drive by Duran today.

Off to Silverstone tomorrow (hopefully no-one will drive into Wickens!). Quick question, as I haven't been to a race meeting at Silverstone since the RAC and the last time I went it was midweek to interview someone.

So in people's opinions, better to go (from North West) M40 to Banbury and then up to Silverstone, or M1 to Northampton and down past Towcester? Both seem to be roughly the same distance.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2222095)   #32
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More penalties, unfortunately: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68072
Old 7 Jun 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2222130)   #33
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got back from Silverstone a couple of hours ago and it was a fantastic day!

The WSR cars really do look absolutely gorgeous up close and apart from being slightly smaller I'd say they are a spitting image of a modern 2008 F1 car.

As for the race itself, I was standing on the outside of Copse and I have to totally agree with chunterer about Duran - he was in a league of his own today. For example, he was visibly much faster through Copse than most of the other drivers (especially Daniil Move, who looked very pedestrian at times).

Both of the Ultimate cars looked very well placed at around mid-distance, but then Guerrieri dropped it coming out of Chapel and onto the Hanger Straight. Still, a very good performance from him in his first race for Ultimate and it was nice to see Carbone finally getting some decent points.

It was slightly disappointing for the Brits today, but hopefully they can put in a better showing tomorrow.

Old 8 Jun 2008, 01:52 (Ref:2222249)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Shame i'm not going today. It'll be another excellent race. Duran will be a little further back right? But based on race 1, he'll zap everyone again!!

Sorry folks but i've had a skinful and typing is difficult......
Old 8 Jun 2008, 05:25 (Ref:2222288)   #35
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ Duran will actually be higher up on the grid (4th on the grid rather than 5th), I believe, due to the quirky qualifying system.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2222394)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

In that case I hope you guys there today get treated to another masterclass in how to be a racing driver from Mr Duran!

I'm sure the Ultimate cars have some kind of problems in race set up, maybe that's why they've now got 2 experienced drivers to help them get some baseline. They were both quick in qualy but went backwards in the race.

Whatever the case I think you'll see another great race throughout the field!
Old 8 Jun 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2222422)   #37
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Ultimate cars had problems in the high-speed bends, which they are looking to solve for race two, so they are confident they can have another good result.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2222426)   #38
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Boy Duran was quick yesterday, yikes. A repeat of that today and they'd better be checking their mirrors at the front on lap one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan
Sunday 8th June
13:15 - 14:00 - Race 2 (26 laps)

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 8 Jun 2008 at 11:29.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2222458)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Is there a live feed on the web anywhere????
Old 8 Jun 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2222467)   #40
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Steady on there Robert.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2222472)   #41
Fernando_S
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fernando_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wickens won. Guerrieri 4th h (good job I think). Ultimate - Signature scored a 4-5 finish.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2222475)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Oh fair play to him, he's been quick enough all year so it was gonna come sooner or later. Adds more to the title battle methinks!

Where did Duran finish today?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2222479)   #43
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
3rd Chunterer, quickly up to second after the start (1st or 2nd sector even) and put in some quick laps until his stop, seemed to lose pace after that, dunno. It's a long way to the video replays on italiaracing.

Enjoyed that Bob, well done.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2222499)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Cheers L2LO, have you or anyone got the top 8 finishers and times or anything?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2222514)   #45
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
There you go:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/rena...lverstone.html

Duran lost all but 4th and 5th gears towards the end, hence why he dropped back. Wickens couldn't have made it closer out of the pit lane, but vdG blamed a lack of blue flags after his pit stop for losing the win
Old 8 Jun 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2222519)   #46
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Not without some pressure on that pit stop; marks to Carlin Motorsport.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2222537)   #47
Mike.ca
Racer

Results of the second race from http://www.italiaracing.net/news_world_series/elenco.asp?cat=5:

1 - Robert Wickens - Carlin - 26 laps 42'37"544
2 - Giedo Van der Garde - P1 - 0"695
3 - Salvador Duran - Interwetten - 11"190
4 - Esteban Guerrieri - Ultimate/Signature - 13"083
5 - Fabio Carbone - Ultimate/Signature - 14"248
6 - Marcos Martinez - Pons - 18"783
7 - Marco Barba - Draco - 19"349
8 - Alvaro Barba - Prema - 22"811
9 - Marco Bonanomi - Comtec - 24"006
10 - Julien Jousse - Tech 1 - 24"264
11 - Guillaume Moreau - KTR - 26"929
12 - James Walker - Fortec - 27"763
13 - Charles Pic - Tech 1 - 39"619
14 - Pasquale Di Sabatino - Comtec - 42"416
15 - Fairuz Fauzy - Fortec - 42"718
16 - Bertrand Baguette - Draco - 43"239
17 - Maximo Cortes - Pons - 46"430
18 - Mikhail Aleshin - Carlin - 47"436
19 - Mario Romancini - Epsilon - 57"912
20 - Pippa Mann - P1 - 59"688
21 - Duncan Tappy - RC - 59"941
22 - Aleix Alcaraz - RC - 1'03"636
23 - Daniil Move - KTR - 1'21"331
24 - Pablo Sanchez - Interwetten - 1'21"620
25 - Alexandre Marsoin - Epsilon - 1 lap

Fastest lap: Salvador Duran 1'36"241

Retirement
Lap 11 - Miguel Molina

Well done, Rob Wickens!
Old 8 Jun 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2222538)   #48
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's time for James Walker to think of GP2 or Indy Lights, that FR doesn't suit him, his racing style, or whatever his problem is, he should change smt next year.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2222539)   #49
Mike.ca
Racer

Championship standings:

1.Van der Garde 84
2.Duran 40
3.Aleshin 35
4.Pic, Jousse 31
6.Bonanomi 30
7.A.Barba 26
8.Wickens 25
9.Baguette 24
10.Moreau 20
11.Martinez 17
12.Di Sabatino 15
13.Carbone 14
14.Fauzy, Walker 12.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 22:53 (Ref:2223192)   #50
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Durans drive on saturday was outstanding, I was busy taking photos so I don't always keep up with whats happening on track but even I noticed him coming through the pack.

I was surprised by the lack of people there on saturday, it was certainly busy but not unpleasantly so. How was it on sunday?

If anyone is interested then pics from saturdays race can be viewed here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwbphot...96360756/show/

or here if you can't be bothered with a slide show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwbphot...7605496360756/