Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Jul 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2732096)   #51
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've seen some new shapes coming out and more the better, but one shape which I think would make an excellent looking Rallycross car would be the new Nissan Juke
Old 26 Jul 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2732985)   #52
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A20 YBP View Post
Wonder if this is Andy Scotts new car then?
If this is the case - what now for the 306, that has been so many drivers first taste of a supercar??
Old 27 Jul 2010, 01:22 (Ref:2733734)   #53
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would a Nissan Juke look ok in Rallycross

Old 27 Jul 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2733879)   #54
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe View Post
Would a Nissan Juke look ok in Rallycross

I'm not sure M.Lowe - I mean it looks like a toy car in your pictures...

I reckon with some wide arches and a suitable spoiler it could look pretty cool!
Old 8 Aug 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2741607)   #55
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
VJM Do you know who built Kuypers new Fiesta? igmab or him self?
I doubt Kuypers will build any car by itself: the Procter Focus was build by VA Engineering in Holland, with Callaghan engine and MSR gearbox, just like his old model Focus. His latest is build by IGMAB, with Godfrey engine and Sellholm gearbox (if I am correct).

In Lydden 2009 he told me he wasn't able to tell me which is better: "the're just totally different to drive". Therefore I do wonder which partners he will choose being more than a year later.

He does have something to say at VA Engineering, so they still could be e choise...
Old 8 Aug 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2741611)   #56
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
@ Mad Mark

Since of today there is a new toy on the market: The "Duval" Belgium round winning Focus. Build by Jernberg and IMGAB, with Trollspeed engine (altough it could be in the hand of Godfrey by now as Pauwels did some succesfull business with Racetuner) and Sellholm gearbox. The Focus just recieved some 2010 updates (whatever that or they may be), makes it at least similar to Isachsen's or Kuyper's? All of these where in the A-final today and hardly suffer major failures!
Old 9 Aug 2010, 06:07 (Ref:2741724)   #57
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a lot down to a very good driver.............and you have to do a business deal with Powels with his track record
Old 9 Aug 2010, 07:17 (Ref:2741733)   #58
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
a lot down to a very good driver.............and you have to do a business deal with Powels with his track record
Yes it is... It also means that you perhaps can part exchange the Xsara?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2742412)   #59
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the MK7 Fiesta could look good in the pink and black livery.

There is one for sale now on http://www.rallycross.de/
Old 10 Aug 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2742432)   #60
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
I had noticed it !!!

But we are thinking hard is it wise for us to stay in the Uk or even in the sport as trackes get few and far between and tracks wont spend money or there tracks. As damage gets more and costs due to this rise and the sport doesnt seem to move on ? But what do you do instead ? any suggestions ?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2742581)   #61
dougcross70's
Rookie

United Kingdom
N Yorks
dougcross70's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barny Bombshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
I had noticed it !!!

But we are thinking hard is it wise for us to stay in the Uk or even in the sport as trackes get few and far between and tracks wont spend money or there tracks. As damage gets more and costs due to this rise and the sport doesnt seem to move on ? But what do you do instead ? any suggestions ?
Mark sad to see you thinking of jacking the sport in but at the end of the day the cost factor & damage limitation must come first.
One day rallycross will wake up and wonder where it all went wrong, no doubt the sport will return to its Lydden base to sit like an aged rose waiting to bloom again lets hope the roots are strong enough to pull it round.
Thanks for all the entertainment you have given us rallycross nuts Cheers Mark
Old 10 Aug 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2742584)   #62
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark, I can see where you're coming from but you know if you packed it in you'd be sat at home twiddling your thumbs and wishing you hadn't! It's like that, is rallycross. The car was looking fantastic at the weekend and you seemed to have a few good runs, and every second you have in the car must put a smile on your face, a fun factor the rest of us can only try to emulate in our battered little jalopies.

As you say, there's nothing to replace it, and I doubt there ever will be for people like us.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2742678)   #63
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame your enthusiasm has taken such a battering but give it more time before you make a decision. Mallory was just 1 meeting in a year where it seems you have had alot of fun and given us spectators plenty of enjoyment. Quitting the sport would be doing rallycross no favours and hopefully Mallory was just a blip for the BRC.

What is important though is that the powers that be are made well aware that drivers are getting fed up with unnecessary damage caused by unsuitable circuit conditions & that circuits are aware that there is more to a rallycross track than a bit of tarmac & abit of 'rough'with piles of tyres etc used as course markers. Everyone tries to give the sport a good image by preparing their cars to the highest standard possible so its about time circuits did the same.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2742686)   #64
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont no much about building a track, but it cant be easy preping a new track to stand up to hard breaking and accelerating of a 550-600bhp supercar on gravel for a full day.

Yes the track did cut up, BUT i felt it looked and lasted better than the event there in 2009! Hopefully they can get it sorted for the meeting in September as its a great place for rallycross.

Hope you dont decide to pack it in Mark, you are good for the sport, And once you have a nice new car and the current problems in uk rallycross are sorted you will have more fun
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2742759)   #65
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Difficult really.

Puting in proper track surfaces takes a lot of time and testing.

I remember at Brands it took them a while to get the Knife Edge right, and even that was made easier coz first few years were very wet at big meetings!

Croft was good with George there, lovely red shale, but the latter track was very bumpy and difficult.

Cadwell was not really prepared properly til the very end and Swindon used to cut up near the end of the lap so really, very difficult to get a loose right, unless you just put it in areas that are not really heavy braking and turning zons like they did at Blyton where dust is a huge problem?? You cant win!

It happens in Europe too, Montalegre is awful for cutting up and rutting and the only the way they often get round is to do what is done and Maasmecehekn and Lyddeon and have hardcrete sort of under the shale that gets swept away after a few races.

But then thats not erally rallycross is it!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2742912)   #66
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted to hear you may be quiting Mark. First we lose Croft, then the ROC and now possible you. I hope you decide to continue because at this rate I'm starting to run out of reasons to watch the sport. If you're thinking of quiting, I wonder how many other drivers are thinking along similar lines for similar reasons.

The powers that be need to wake up and start listening. They got what they wanted with the ROC giving up, now's their chance to really move the sport forward. Tracks or the lack of them and damage to cars seem to be the two biggest bug bears at the moment.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2743119)   #67
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair, losing a track and a championship are slightly more troublesome than some bloke who drives!!

Yes i's a shame but it happens all the time, and in all honesty I can't forgive anyone who paints the Union Jack in his own colours!! Thats just wrong!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2743149)   #68
StockHatch782
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be fair, losing a track and a championship are slightly more troublesome than some bloke who drives!!
By the sounds of it, your championship would have loads of tracks but no drivers to race on them. What a giggle that would be; sign me up for a few spectator passes!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2743152)   #69
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Whatever!! I dont read PM's by the way so dont send anymore!!! Thanks
Old 11 Aug 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2743186)   #70
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yes i's a shame but it happens all the time, and in all honesty I can't forgive anyone who paints the Union Jack in his own colours!! Thats just wrong!
It's the wider issues that are more worrying, he can't be the only one thinking on these lines.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2743188)   #71
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Quote:

everyone open to their own opinion !

and if you were in touch with our sport its not about SOME BLOKE WHO DRIVES its about how we move our sport as a whole forward and making tacks better and attracting more spectators, sponsors and manufacturers
Old 11 Aug 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2743192)   #72
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Losing a track is a big blow but the return of Mallory means that the number of circuits is the same as it has been for a while now.

Losing a championship is something that nobody really wanted to see but in the current climate it was probably inevitable that one would go to the wall. Hopefully the competitors will continue in rallycross and support the remaining championships - which will strengthen them.

Losing a driver is not good but as you and others have mentioned - it happens all the time, people come and go. In Marks case though it would be a bigger loss than some (no disrespect intended ) as he puts a lot back into the sport and is a high profile supporter (the car is often at shows, he organises social events, sponsors events etc etc). At times like these Mark potentially has a lot to contribute to the wellbeing of the sport.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2743201)   #73
StockHatch782
Racer

Quote:
Whatever!! I dont read PM's by the way so dont send anymore!!! Thanks
Er, if you actually read that PM you'll see I was apologising for my little outburst. I don't see the need to continue this row, so can we please leave it at that?
Old 11 Aug 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2743227)   #74
Mallory 13
Rookie

Mallory 13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it seems to me,from what i"ve read &talking to a few that the majority of peeps enjoyed sunday. yes there was still some probs with the track(not as bad as last time)& it seems not as many cars damaged either,(still a few i know)b4 some start &yes there was other issues which didnt help.i.e rescue not booked etc, like has been said b4 lets keep working together &get it right it wud b good 4 all,competitors,marshalls,spectators etc
Old 11 Aug 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2743286)   #75
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory 13 View Post
Well it seems to me,from what i"ve read &talking to a few that the majority of peeps enjoyed sunday. yes there was still some probs with the track(not as bad as last time)& it seems not as many cars damaged either,(still a few i know)b4 some start &yes there was other issues which didnt help.i.e rescue not booked etc, like has been said b4 lets keep working together &get it right it wud b good 4 all,competitors,marshalls,spectators etc
Thinks the above sums it up to be honest!

As for Mad Mark a number of years in the Open and then back into the British Champs! Having a good run so far all be it a little bruising but competeing with the class of the British Scene at last, if he was to decide to leave a great loss it would be,Rallycross needs more larger than life Characters such as Mark he has a good following and is always more than happy to promote Rallycross. Ok mallory was'nt a good event for some caused a fair bit of damage to cars but as others have said most new tracks start out that way more events held and more progress can be made and faults Ironed out?
Just my own thoughts

Rallycross and non contact has always been an issue within the sport, car preparation now is 100% better than years ago Maybe organisers should start to clamp down on contact although there is always going to be an Issue with it. But when you compete in the British Championship a title that is sought after by many drivers then maybe the competition is just that little more bruising! something maybe that some might need adjusting too.Yes expense is a big part but if you finish in the Top 3 of the BRC then Im sure there other gains to be had and Oppertunities..

Last edited by schanche; 11 Aug 2010 at 22:55. Reason: Air my views