Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Jul 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2734115)   #1
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mini is back ... official

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-10775125
There's other various sources saying the same thing,
done under Prodrive as expected ....
Sorry if there is already a thread for this .....
Old 29 Jul 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2734903)   #2
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully this will encourage a few other new manufaturers too
Old 30 Jul 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2736093)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildura1963 View Post
Hopefully this will encourage a few other new manufaturers too
Fingers crossed!
Old 6 Aug 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2740125)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Prodrive boss David Richards tells something unusual: not only was the WRC project self-supproted, they didn't picking the manufacturer that would support them better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Richards
Instead, we took the new regulations and said, 'right, what would the ultimate car look like?' We used reverse engineering. Three months in, we looked at what we’d got and analysed this against the cars of all the manufacturers in the world. By March 2009 we had come up with 11 target cars. Then we went to talk to the manufacturers.

Ironically the MINI wasn’t on that list because the car as we knew it was too small. It just didn’t fit the rules. But during discussions we found out that a new, larger car was in development - the four-door Countryman - and it went straight to the top of our list. Firstly, as being just about perfect in dimensions and layout, and secondly being one of the most iconic names and rally brands ever.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2740279)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Mini will use the BMW developed engine of the BMW WTCC car.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2740642)   #6
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Prodrive boss David Richards tells something unusual: not only was the WRC project self-supproted, they didn't picking the manufacturer that would support them better...
And yet next year they are using superminis in the WRC...
Old 6 Aug 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2740682)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I agree, superminis aren't the ultimate rally cars. I'd have left them for Super 1600 and forced WRC manufacturers to use C segment cars. I find it really strange that the WRC official website says "[supermins] are preferred by the FIA and the manufacturers as they are more environmentally friendly and are popular with the public", as if Civics, Corollas, Focus and Golfs weren't.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2740698)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I agree, superminis aren't the ultimate rally cars. I'd have left them for Super 1600 and forced WRC manufacturers to use C segment cars. I find it really strange that the WRC official website says "[supermins] are preferred by the FIA and the manufacturers as they are more environmentally friendly and are popular with the public", as if Civics, Corollas, Focus and Golfs weren't.
Could it be that FIA thinks "Supermini" as the old 205, S1, Delta?.
Because that would be awesome, but i do not see the 107, Aygo, Fox etc. as the "top field" rally cars, unless we return to Grp. B spec regulations.

It could be interesting
Old 7 Aug 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2740844)   #9
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Could it be that FIA thinks "Supermini" as the old 205, S1, Delta?.
Because that would be awesome, but i do not see the 107, Aygo, Fox etc. as the "top field" rally cars, unless we return to Grp. B spec regulations.

It could be interesting
I would say more 207 size. We had the 206 racing a while back.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2740852)   #10
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I would say more 207 size. We had the 206 racing a while back.
well, the 207, and 206 wasn't a supermini, but more a "mini" or small car. The supermini term is the 107 and so on.
The reason i mention the 205, S1 and Delta, is that they are smaller than todays 207, but still larger than the 107.