Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2740581)   #26
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted View Post

Koen Pauwels

Ĺ*koda Fabia Mk1/6Y T16 4x4

Any idea which car?
A Skoda Fabia, I suppose.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2740582)   #27
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Koen Pauwels

Škoda Fabia Mk1/6Y T16 4x4

Any idea which car?
ex-Koutny, ex-Valle. Koutny sold it new or barely new to Valle and he hardly used it himself.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2740646)   #28
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Koen Pauwels

Ĺ*koda Fabia Mk1/6Y T16 4x4

Any idea which car?
Yep, ex-KoutnĂ˝, ex-Valle.

http://www.mediacross.info/foto/2007...ovory/jp_1.jpg

I guess it is one of these Czech 2007 RX Cup cars.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2741079)   #29
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Yep, ex-KoutnĂ˝, ex-Valle.

http://www.mediacross.info/foto/2007...ovory/jp_1.jpg

I guess it is one of these Czech 2007 RX Cup cars.
I doubt it is a cup car, as it got centerlocks, typical for KoutnĂ˝ (and previous Kuypers / Schanche cars).
Old 7 Aug 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2741082)   #30
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Somehow the entrylist in Div 1 looked a bit dissapointing, especially if compared with Sweden this year...

Coox hits the wall during practise and ruined the Fabia for at least the first day. Laboulle impressed during official timed practise, but was last into the first corner in the 1st heat, to bad! Duval surprised everyone in the 1st heat, was 2nd last in the first corner, jokered immediately and overtook everyone, very nice for the public! Holte's new C30 also went well, looks promising, could be a potential top 3 combo...
Old 7 Aug 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2741176)   #31
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
I doubt it is a cup car, as it got centerlocks, typical for KoutnĂ˝ (and previous Kuypers / Schanche cars).
I don’t think so either 1975DCS. I think it is this Koutny built car
used by Jakub Mrvka 2005 and JiřĂ* JĂ*rovec 2006. Frank Valle bought it from Koutny and I would guess, used it as part payment when he purchased the Focus from Pauwels.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2741417)   #32
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Very nice victory for Duval, although a start maybe to be doubt...
Also nice performance by Tohill, Holte and Doran! Surpise of the weekend has to be Will Teurlings, normally his homebrew S40 is off pace or breaks down, but this weekend he surprised a few! I think it doesn't even have ALS, so well done!
Old 8 Aug 2010, 17:31 (Ref:2741429)   #33
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done to mr duvall,and to liam and dereck a good day for the brits and irish hehe.

BB....
Old 8 Aug 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2741506)   #34
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Oh yeah, the usual downsides:

These pictures were made in the last corner on sunday. The Gazebo's (Eddi it's that word again!) where annoyingly low so you couldn't see under it, but also high enough so you couldn't look over it... But at least there where people under it.

On saturday we where in the first corner where everything was also "lined" and "Gazebo'd". But even more annoyingly: there were hardly any people in it! There were people waiting behind the lines, we must be stupid!

I really hope someday someone will burn those damn things or put some heavy machinery over it!

But also some nice news:

Last edited by 1975DCS; 8 Aug 2010 at 20:05.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2741574)   #35
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pictures online at :

http://picasaweb.google.com/Rallylov...KMaasmechelen#

Old 9 Aug 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2741783)   #36
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a weekend for the Brits. Great results for Liam and Tohill and a so nearly for Godfrey. I really think he would have been challenging for that top spot without the mechanical failure.

Liam was awesome, and only lost to a jump start in the final. Such is life.

The Division 1 'C' final was the best race I have seen in ages. Proctor driving bullishly and nearly to a win. Cracking stuff!!

A great weekend all in all. Especially with our discovery of Duvel beer!
Old 9 Aug 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2741814)   #37
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey1 View Post
What a weekend for the Brits. Great results for Liam and Tohill and a so nearly for Godfrey. I really think he would have been challenging for that top spot without the mechanical failure.

Liam was awesome, and only lost to a jump start in the final. Such is life.

The Division 1 'C' final was the best race I have seen in ages. Proctor driving bullishly and nearly to a win. Cracking stuff!!

A great weekend all in all. Especially with our discovery of Duvel beer!
Yeah, the start was a bit doubtfull... In terms of publicity it is a good thing Duval won: 1st Belgian, his 1st, etc, etc. I was hoping of a win of someone different like Holte, Duval or Doran and with their 1-2 I got almost double that! The more different ERC winners, the better!

The C-final was cracking indeed!

Ha ha heavy stuff: Duvel
Old 9 Aug 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2741849)   #38
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey1 View Post
What a weekend for the Brits. Great results for Liam and Tohill and a so nearly for Godfrey.
Don’t hog Derek Tohill!
Old 9 Aug 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2741876)   #39
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Don’t hog Derek Tohill!
Balls to that, for the sake of Rallycross, Tohill's ours!! Plus we are a bit Irish, so can hog him all we like!

Fantastic weekend, great action, success for the Brits (inc. Tohill!) and awesome (and a real surprise!) to see Godfrey so competitive. We were all gutted to see him deprived of his chance for victory/podium.

Well done Liam, was good to spend some time with the Doran family over the weekend and get some inside info! Congrats to Duval too, showed he was a great driver with fantastic pace (though arguably not as good when put under pressure). I guess we will see how much, if any, he jumped by on TV.

Division 3 was also very entertaining, plus good weather and beer. Good times.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2741881)   #40
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
[QUOTE=Hickey;2741876]I guess we will see how much, if any, he jumped by on TV.

QUOTE]

Just check out the video on Rallycross.hu

I think it looks like a clear jump.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2741993)   #41
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
[QUOTE=Hickey1;2741881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
I guess we will see how much, if any, he jumped by on TV.

QUOTE]

Just check out the video on Rallycross.hu

I think it looks like a clear jump.
In real life it also looked like a clear jump, but the lights stayed off and I don't hear other drivers complain... Bit strange...
Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2742012)   #42
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
We heard that there had been some protests, but I dont know who by.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2742017)   #43
paultheparamedic
Rookie

England
West Sussex
paultheparamedic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JUMP START?

Jump or no jump that rally dude (unfortunatly) was always a nats cock faster (per lap) than our much loved ERC boys, the only way either Liam, Isachsen, Jernburg or Holte would of been able to beat him would have been to lure him into a fight or do him off the start (ala Liams victory in 3rd heat), unfortunatly Duval turned his 6 laps into a rally stage instead of an ERC brawl (ala C final). Liam's drive to second was (I feel) his most mature outing yet and both Isachsen and Jernburg should be concerned with the son of Pat.

Many thanks to the Hickey brothers for a fantastic week end and I apologise for my gas.

Be gentle with me its my first post.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2742051)   #44
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Surprising to see how both Doran and Duval made progress over the weekend. While the others were sort of constant (because of experience on the track?), Liam and Francois tried all the possible lines, including as wide as possible and very neat. Liam looks fastest through the joker lap of all Div 1 drivers...
Old 9 Aug 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2742130)   #45
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are meandering a bit, I hope it is still understandable.
- Good that it wasn't the usual Hansen/Isachsen/Jernberg on top but also Duval, Holte and Kuypers in the A-final, Laboulle and Koutny right up there too.
- Would have liked to see Bermingrud and Lysens face when they suddenly saw that ugly yellow Volvo S40 from Teurlings in front of them
- Duval is such a clean driver really impressive to see. It doesn't look like he abuses the material as much as some others, but that might just be my perception. Since the jokerlap that drivingstyle is obviously the way forward, twice he was last through the first corner and first through the last corner...
- The Volvo C30 is such a brutal car, hope to see more of them in the future!
- Ludvig Hunsbedt would be advised to watch Duvals onboards! His C-Final was great to watch, but also waaay crazy. He is never going to achieve anything anymore if he keeps driving like that.

I do have the usual complaints:
- Gazebo's
- Where are the gravel sections?? They don't even shovel a bit of sand on the racingline to pretend it's gravel. Just pure tarmac all the way round. It's called RallyCROSS for a reason you know...
- The breaks are way too long. On Sunday there was 3 hours of racing and also 3 hours of breaks. Not good value.

Come on these three things are not hard to change and would improve the show so much.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2742148)   #46
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
Would have liked to see Bermingrud and Lysens face when they suddenly saw that ugly yellow Volvo S40 from Teurlings in front of them
That was fun for him, wasn't it?! Any idea what he did with that car since let's say 3 years ago? I don't follow the NK that much anymore...

Quote:
Duval is such a clean driver really impressive to see. It doesn't look like he abuses the material as much as some others, but that might just be my perception. Since the jokerlap that drivingstyle is obviously the way forward, twice he was last through the first corner and first through the last corner...
Duval made most out of the jokerlap of all drivers, all day long! Well about the abuse: you should have seen him in Lydden... Not like Hunsbedt or so, but still pushing. I think Jos Kuypers is driving clean too, altough a bit less in Lydden...

Quote:
I do have the usual complaints:
- Gazebo's
My dad and I decided to exchange Belgium for Lydden as default race to visit... He prefers Lydden over Maasmechelen anyway. And prefers Maasmechelen over Valkenswaard (because you only see half of the circuit and he doesn't like Noordermeer).

Quote:
The breaks are way too long. On Sunday there was 3 hours of racing and also 3 hours of breaks. Not good value.
I totally forgot to complain about that! Just like our RX-Guru, I prefer to see all racing taking place on one day! There was plenty of time to achieve that: start at 8:30 and at around 18:30... More testing to see on saturday as well (for those arriving on that day). Tired of having to wait (stand on your feet) for almost 2 hours. And after Lydden I am tired to do another "wave" to kill time...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2742389)   #47
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duval did drive so smoothly. Nipped in the Joker then spend the next few laps hunting them down. Was very impreesive. Agree with Paul that think he had the slightest of an edge over Liam, but if Liam got the jump on him at the start, I still think he could have won. We heard that Duval had quite a bit of track time before this weekend.

Didnt think that the gazebos were as bad as last year.

As for times, yes, there is some dead time, but it's nice to nip to the pits, have a lie down, get some food etc. And with the Division 3 on track, I never got bored. If it was done in one day, with just testing on the saturday, I might be dissuaded from making trips to Hungary etc (quite far) for just one day of racing. Not to mention that Coox would have been out of the whole meeting, but the overnight gave him a chance to rebuild (and then destroy again!!). Keeps the entries up/reduces attrition. Maybe just have the warm up at half 9, which would bunch it up a bit.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2742390)   #48
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Early Friday morning, heading for a long weekend at Eindhoven/Valkenswaard (Leffe and rest, not Rallycross ). Sat waiting at Calais to come off the 5.55 out of Dover P & O ferry when I spotted a camper with Rallycross stickers on each front wing obviously heading for Belgium. Too late to dash across and say hello as everyone started to move - anyone we know?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2742440)   #49
D Smeets
Racer

D Smeets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pics from last weekend on my website.

www.davesmeets.nl

Old 14 Aug 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2744397)   #50
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Smeets View Post
@The Eye: why isn't Eriksson driving in Belgium??
I did not know why then, but I do now.
“Team boss Eriksson, meanwhile, offered Jos Kuypers a plain and direct answer when the Italy-domiciled Dutchman inquired why the Ford team had not been in Belgium last week. "**** track. There’s no gravel there, I don’t like it!" said Eriksson.”

Last edited by The Eye; 14 Aug 2010 at 00:20. Reason: spelling