Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3318158)   #1
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FoxSports 2 and Petit

For those of us who are in the US, and who are affected by FoxSports 2, or lack thereof.....how are you going to be watching the series finale???? I only have my iPad, and TV....so.....I likely won't be able to watch it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3318160)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't tried personally, but there was talk that the previous ALMS race not on espn3 was streamed openly on alms.com. Perhaps this will be the case this week.

I will be watching trackside, so I am not super worried about streaming!
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3318169)   #3
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be waiting until it's uploaded to YouTube if it isn't streaming on the ALMS failsite.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3318171)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Try a sports bar?
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3318173)   #5
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Try a sports bar?
College football.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3318174)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I haven't tried personally, but there was talk that the previous ALMS race not on espn3 was streamed openly on alms.com. Perhaps this will be the case this week.
In US too? I think it was the geoblocked-in-US/international feed.

Last edited by deggis; 15 Oct 2013 at 20:46.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3318180)   #7
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I almost think that they TRY to make it too damned difficult on us...
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3318181)   #8
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
College football.
Yeah, won't have a single bar around me for oh, about three or five hundred miles without college FB on....

The other option looks like a two hour chopped up version on Sunday. Great.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3318184)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Even if the alms.com feed is geoblocked, there is a way around it. But for this trick, iPad isn't going to cut it, you need a computer/laptop. Same as this:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....7&postcount=97

except that instead of brightcove.com you put akamaihd.net

Obviously can't test this now, but this has worked in the past.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3318185)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Yeah, won't have a single bar around me for oh, about three or five hundred miles without college FB on....

The other option looks like a two hour chopped up version on Sunday. Great.
If you can get a photo of the Corvette C7.R weeks before us commonfolk and have "invested financially" in the series, you can follow it somewhere, surely....!
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3318193)   #11
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
In US too? I think it was the geoblocked-in-US/international feed.
The "International" feed has been working in the US, so it should be given a try. They may have stopped blocking it this year.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3318199)   #12
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For VIR, the international stream on alms.com wasn't geoblocked. I watched both qualifying and the race using it.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3318219)   #13
fdv99
Rookie

fdv99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was able to watch the COTA race on the international feed here in the US.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3318237)   #14
AtlantaMFR
Rookie

AtlantaMFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to watch races on Justin.TV

Not sure if thats still around but I could always watch international races there.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3318242)   #15
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Eh, I'll see if I can get my laptop up and running, otherwise I'll just have to live with the chopped up version.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3318248)   #16
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't even know I had Fox Sports 2 until I went looking for it. Never had a need for it until this Saturday.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 16 Oct 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3318262)   #17
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This last weekend I was able to watch bathurst on a good stream on justin.tv. So if alms.com doesn't work out I'm going to try that.fingers crossed.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3318263)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think (always dangerous when trying to predict the actions off ALMS management) taht ALMS.com stopped geo-blocking it was clear ESPN3 wouldn't carrying the races live next season---there was no longer a conflict of interest online, as no one can get Speed2 online unless they can also get Fox2.

Maybe they found a little "For the Fans" left over when they were cleaning out the offices and heading to Daytona, and decided to use it instead of throwing it away.

Have to give credit to ALMS, they made the last couple races available online to anyone who wanted them. I have to assume Petit will also be live on ALMS.com.

Look for qualifying---if quali is on ALMS.com, you have a 60/40 chance the race will be and the site will work. If quali is not, you have a 60/40 chance ....
Old 16 Oct 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3318264)   #19
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With SPEED channel still existing in Canada for now due to existing cable contracts it looks like we are getting all the FS1 and FS2 coverage in one place.
11 AM EST - Noon
2:30 PM - 9 PM
So between this and ALMS.com we are alright. Will use the online coverage during the TV coverage as well to avoid commercials.

I wonder how long the SPEED arrangement is for? Perhaps online streaming of USCC will be the only option in Canada?
Old 16 Oct 2013, 03:24 (Ref:3318277)   #20
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
I saw something in the TV contract on the TUSCC site about FoxSports Go, and they have the streaming rights, alas, my crappy cable provider doesn't have it......

Some looked like Canadian providers, others I didn't recognize, the only one I did see was AT&T Uverse which I can't get. Kinda wish I'd be able to get the old C-Band satellite dish back and pick up motors, or sky sports across the pond.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3318353)   #21
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a bunch of listings on Fox channels. The weird thing is that some parts of the race are in HD and others are available only in standard format. What's up with you, Fox?
Old 16 Oct 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3318450)   #22
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
With SPEED channel still existing in Canada for now due to existing cable contracts it looks like we are getting all the FS1 and FS2 coverage in one place.

I wonder how long the SPEED arrangement is for? Perhaps online streaming of USCC will be the only option in Canada?
As I understand it, Canada bans Fox from providing a "general sports" channel, so as long as they keep doing that and Fox still wants to sell you something you may keep getting a "motorsports" channel instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
I saw a bunch of listings on Fox channels. The weird thing is that some parts of the race are in HD and others are available only in standard format. What's up with you, Fox?
Not everybody gets FS2 in HD, so you may just be seeing those listings.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3318475)   #23
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was able to add FS2. It was part of a $10 Sports Pack that included like 15 other channels, so I figured what the hell. If I don't watch any of it after Petit, I can just cancel it.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3318498)   #24
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
I was able to add FS2. It was part of a $10 Sports Pack that included like 15 other channels, so I figured what the hell. If I don't watch any of it after Petit, I can just cancel it.
This is an option I'm exploring....
Old 16 Oct 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3318677)   #25
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scot Elkins replied to my comment about the ALMS.com stream not being geoblocked with a simple smiley face. Maybe it will be open to all on their website.